Practice jersey signaling change?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Fire it up....woooooooooo!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote: ;) Most likely next year. Curious to see how this effects plans for jerseys for other Nike sports.
It would be good to see a consistent look across all sports. I think that men's basketball has definitely got a look that we can expand off of.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

sounds like good news
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote: ;) Most likely next year. Curious to see how this effects plans for jerseys for other Nike sports.
It would be good to see a consistent look across all sports. I think that men's basketball has definitely got a look that we can expand off of.
Changing
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

joshvanklomp wrote:How many uniform cominations has Alabama had over the years? LSU? USC? I think people overstate the effect a uniform style has on a recruit picking a school.
Did you really compare recruiting at Alabama, LSU, USC, to Wyoming? :rofl:

We need every angle we can get at Wyoming. The others - not so much.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:How many uniform cominations has Alabama had over the years? LSU? USC? I think people overstate the effect a uniform style has on a recruit picking a school.
LOL Wyoming is not Alabama, LSU, USC. This brand cannot stand on its own like those can.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:
LOL Wyoming is not Alabama, LSU, USC. This brand cannot stand on its own like those can.
You clearly have never watched videos of how excited the players get when they get new uniforms. I could dig up 3-4 of them for you and then you might understand it.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: You clearly have never watched videos of how excited the players get when they get new uniforms. I could dig up 3-4 of them for you and then you might understand it.
....I know? I was arguing in favor of that sentiment.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I get both sides of the argument. I think the key is to create excitement/fun yet still make uni's identifiable to the school.

And should uni's matter?...no but all it takes is a kid to see a tv game/highlight that knows nothing about Wyoming and say "hey those uni's look cool" or "those western numbers..or..bucking horse is pretty sweet"

And I really wish more gear was available online and in stores.......means a lot to be nowhere near Laramie and see a sweet bucking horse Nike hat..etc (I lost mine and had to do a Perry Mason to replace it)...give legitimacy.

Of course winning solves a lot of it but exposure is crucial.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:This brand cannot stand on its own like those can.
Fair point.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: You clearly have never watched videos of how excited the players get when they get new uniforms. I could dig up 3-4 of them for you and then you might understand it.
....I know? I was arguing in favor of that sentiment.
I know you know that, It was for the quote above your quote :P
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Precisely my point!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Precisely my point!!!!!
Haha yeah its virtually the same. Alabama can land 5 stars DESPITE having only 2 uni combos. This isnt a confirmation that players don't care about uniform combos. It proves players care about winning and getting to the NFL. There isnt a player on UW's team that wouldnt have gone to Alabama if given the chance. They can hand pick whoever they want and don't NEED more unis to attract players.

Sorry guys, were still in the "we have to do everything we can to attract 2/3 star players" phase of rebuilding.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Wyokie wrote:
Precisely my point!!!!!
What point? That if you have multiple national championships & heismans, to pair with a 100 million dollar football budget, and a stadium that seats 90,000 people on 7 weather wonderful days in the fall, you don't have to worry about your f-word uniform? I agree then.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Sorry guys, were still in the "we have to do everything we can to attract 2/3 star players" phase of rebuilding.
How many times did Boise change their uniforms when they were in that phase?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: How many times did Boise change their uniforms when they were in that phase?
Several times, at least once every two years. Once they had the $$$ to mess around, they had all kinds of uniforms, helmets, etc.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Once they had the $$$ to mess around, they had all kinds of uniforms, helmets, etc.
I'm talking before that, when they were still rebuilding. Not the last 5-10 years.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: I'm talking before that, when they were still rebuilding. Not the last 5-10 years.
They made a significant brand image change. That logo of theirs didn't come about until the early 2000s. used to be the old Bronco behind the state of Idaho logo. During that building phase, they changed jerseys occasionally.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

FWIW Boise started using their new logos on their helmets in 2002. Prior to that they used 10 different helmets. Since 2002 they have used 11 including that helmet. Can't really comment on the jerseys however.

All of this is fairly moot until 2006; that is the year that Nike and Oregon decided to switch things upside down and start churning out 10,000 different jersey combinations. Up until that point, having 3 or 4 a year was big time; once Oregon set a new precedent it was up to everyone else to catch up.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Another point to add is that they were still looking for their brand, coming in as a fairly new 4-year institution.

No matter what changes we make, I'm fairly certain our brand is still going to be Steamboat. I don't see that changing any time soon. There are only so many ways you can design a helmet with two school colors and an established brand.

I know everyone wants to be like Oregon (especially BP :lol: ), but it's important to remember that we don't have Nike in our backyard.