From The Fargo Forum

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
NDPokes
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Burman needs to get on that plane thing if Bohl thinks it would help. That is about the only thing you can do to combat location.

For weather, we need a dome. People here hate the idea, but, if at all possible, I'd love a dome at WYO. It might be easier to convince top level QBs and kickers that they will have the luxury of playing out of the elements (i.e. can have better stats than playing in 100 mph wind or blizzard conditions).
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Burman needs to get on that plane thing if Bohl thinks it would help. That is about the only thing you can do to combat location.

For weather, we need a dome. People here hate the idea, but, if at all possible, I'd love a dome at WYO. It might be easier to convince top level QBs and kickers that they will have the luxury of playing out of the elements (i.e. can have better stats than playing in 100 mph wind or blizzard conditions).
Retractable roof stadium :cool:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Burman needs to get on that plane thing if Bohl thinks it would help. That is about the only thing you can do to combat location.

No doubt! Best option, but expensive. I'm with you if we could get it. Besides that, talk about stealing a little CSU thunder... new erector set stadium? pshaw. We are getting a new retractable roof stadium with a jumbotron to rival Jerry's World. :D
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

We will never see that aggressive of an upgrade while Burman is the athletic director, and yeah we've got money, but the question is how much of it will we ever see? If we screw this up, we could be a lost cause. I just pray Bohl is Shyatt 2.0. If SJSU and USU can rise from the ashes I think we can too.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:

This. I think this would be so badass. Games like tomorrow crank that baby open and bask in the Wonderful Wyoming Weather and days like the BSU game last season zip that poop up and play inside!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Unfortunately, with today's construction costs, I'll bet we are talking somewhere around $300 million. CSU stadium without retractable roof is $220 mill (I think), and I thought I remember reading that a retractable roof adds somewhere around $100 mill.

There would need to be justification outside of football.

Pipe dream but it would be sweet.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

From the article -
Bohl managed a 5-7 record in his first season at Wyoming.
Really? I thought we went 4-8
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Certainly - they need to go tell the NCAA - "We used to fly our recruits from Denver to Laramie. We could sign them easier. Now we have to drive them by our biggest rival which is 1.5 hours closer than our campus. Your killing our program."
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Can't use private jets? In the case of Wyoming an exception should be made...I can think of no other school that possesses a remoteness that Wyoming does in Laramie so far as air travel is concerned. Unless Laramie Regional Airport can expand their biggest runway by another 1000 yards to allow for commercial air traffic -- there should be no reason why Wyoming should not be able to fly a recruit in from Denver aboard a private aircraft. This NCAA rule, like a host of others, makes no sense at all.

So far as a dome at The War? I have zero interest in that - and I don't think it will ever happen anyway. In my mind it would kill off the entire culture of 'Wyoming Tough' and reduce us to an atmosphere that would feel way too sterile. In an era of luxury boxes and club suites, and domed stadiums, I really relish the environment of The War, in it's locale, facing a sometimes hostile weather environment, fresh air, God's blue sky above, etc.

If it rains it rains, if it snows it snows, so be it, I like my sports outside and in the environment presented that day. As a fan sitting in the seats during a cold and snowy day I feel as though I'm going through those conditions just like the players and coaches out on the field - it provides a connection somehow.

Wyoming Football being played inside has no appeal for me at all.

P.S. For those who want a dome at The War...I guess you would also green light a dome at Lambeau Field? Blasphemy!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Well, we've been outside for all of modern football and I guess "Cowboy Tough" has been hanging out with Bigfoot or Little People, but the open air atmosphere of the WAR hasn't revealed it.

Besides, if we practice inside, why not play inside?

I'm for whatever recruits like and I suspect recruits would like a bad ass retractable roof stadium more than our current situation. Not that it really matters anyway.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE19haEwFM8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get with the program people...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'm more of a "show me rather than tell me" kind of guy DINO. Some people have the power and some just talk.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Wyoming.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is safe to conclude that "Cowboy Tough", if it exists and will appear as prognosticated, will not be dependent on the exposure to the elements in the WAR which is why we built an IPF.

If exposure to the elements would sow "Cowboy Tough" then surely it would have appeared in modern football yet it remains as mysterious as the Little People of Big Horns or Pryors. There are skeletons which indicate that it existed at one time, but there is no modern evidence of it.
Last edited by ragtimejoe1 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i went to a graduation at the Fargo Dome in 1997, and I really liked what i saw, yes I truly agree, we could use a dome here just like up there and in Flagstaff at NAU, higher elevations it makes perfect sense
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

DINO wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE19haEwFM8

Get with the program people...
Is there a 2015 intro video!?
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

I'll concede that I'm really surprised at how many here would welcome a dome at The War.

Anyone side with me on this one?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Not a fan of the dome idea. I say we put in seat warmers for the one game a year that is almost too cold. Most games played in the War are usually in decent enough weather.

Seat warmers and heating coils under the playing surface to keep any snow from accumulating.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:Not a fan of the dome idea. I say we put in seat warmers for the one game a year that is almost too cold. Most games played in the War are usually in decent enough weather.

Seat warmers and heating coils under the playing surface to keep any snow from accumulating.
I guess its just you and me, Jimmy.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

DINO wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:Not a fan of the dome idea. I say we put in seat warmers for the one game a year that is almost too cold. Most games played in the War are usually in decent enough weather.

I guess its just you and me, Jimmy.
Bastards!!!! :D
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Wow the biggest hack writer ever made your board!! Kevin is a moron.

NDSU and Fargo still have a lot of interest in how Wyoming does, with NDSU winning another titles last year , any animosity that was left is gone now and it's bout a 80% love 20% hate for bohl here.

Wyoming hired the right guy, just need a star QB