DJ May Suspended for Eastern Michigan

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

University of Wyoming football coach Craig Bohl announced Tuesday that junior outside linebacker D.J. May will be suspended Saturday's home game against Eastern Michigan for violation of team rules.
Bohl said through a news release from UW that he would have no further comment on May’s suspension.
Sophomore Tim Kamana will be the projected starter in place of May. He will be backed up by freshman Christian Irving.
May moved to linebacker from running back after last season. May had four tackles in the Cowboys' 24-13 season-opening loss to North Dakota last Saturday. May also had two kickoff returns for 68 yards, including a long of 47 yards.
http://www.wyosports.net/uw-junior-line ... 106e8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

When it rains it pours I guess... Wonder what he did
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:When it rains it pours I guess... Wonder what he did
I'd rather have someone else return kicks anyways.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

What the hell
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Really? I thought (outside of that bone headed kickoff debacle) he looked good returning the ball. What is your distaste?
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Really? I thought (outside of that bone headed kickoff debacle) he looked good returning the ball. What is your distaste?
The bone headed kickoff debacle. For a veteran player, that is an idiotic move.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
I thought Kamana played better D too. I'm sure DJ will get there, but this suspension won't help.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
I thought Kamana played better D too. I'm sure DJ will get there, but this suspension won't help.
Kamana will be a good player in the next couple years
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I just don't think DJ is a very intelligent player. https://twitter.com/ryanholmgren/status ... 5964383233
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Kamana will be a good player in the next couple years
Agree.....he, like most of this team is very young. He played last year as a true freshman. And now, as a sophomore, will be backed up by a true freshman.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 239 times

May was suspended last year too for 'undisclosed reasons.' Makes me wonder if there is any real reason to keep playing the Senior or rather get game experience for our younger players.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote:May was suspended last year too for 'undisclosed reasons.' Makes me wonder if there is any real reason to keep playing the Senior or rather get game experience for our younger players.
+1,000,000
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:May was suspended last year too for 'undisclosed reasons.' Makes me wonder if there is any real reason to keep playing the Senior or rather get game experience for our younger players.
He's only a junior, but agree. I thought Kamana played better D and his kickoff blunder just added to the aggravation of last Saturday.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

I like May and thought he played OK. He had some brutal tackles. I hope he can get his crap figured out because we need him
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Except it was later disclosed. He was late to practice. Not saying his latest suspension isn't a big deal, but if he's the best option he should play. And isn't he a junior? He used a redshirt when he pulled his pectoral muscle.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:
Except it was later disclosed. He was late to practice. Not saying his latest suspension isn't a big deal, but if he's the best option he should play. And isn't he a junior? He used a redshirt when he pulled his pectoral muscle.
LOL. Either that is just what was announced to the public or he is never caught for anything else.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 131 times

Interference from what? Hopefully others weren't involved in something and he is just the first to fall.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

He's fortunate to still be on the team. Some program's don't afford a strike 2 or 3 to players.

It is what it is, not like the team lost to UND because of the secondary. I don't see it having much of an effect on the EMU game.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I am done with players who don't take this seriously.