Anyone going to App State?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoInGA
Buckaroo

I'm New to the board, but a long time reader. Born and raised in Wyoming but have been on the east coast for the last 6 years. I have enjoyed dropping in and seeing what is going on with the program from people in the know, with that said I am a huge fan of the program, and 12 days a year (a couple years 13) I get to feel at home and watch the game. I don't miss a game, but haven't seen one live since high school. I'm dragging my girlfriend up to Boone on the 3rd for her first Wyoming game. (She is a Georgia fan, it is painful to listen to dawgs fans b*tch about 10 win seasons every year, but I wouldn't trade my brown and gold in for anything)

I'm hoping to show her a great time so that she may want to tag along again, I know that depends a lot on Boone, but I was curious if anyone from the board would be here tailgating.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

I'm still sore about this. I have staff located in Mt. Airy and had been planning to make a work trip down there and driving over to the game but was roped into an industry conference in St. Louis next weekend. :tickedoff:
52-56
Smeller
Buckaroo
Has liked: 42 times

I'Ll be there. I graduated from UW and one of my sons graduated from App. st.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I have heard that Appy state has a great tailgating scene. Might not be a bad idea to swing by their message board and ask for the highlights/what not to miss.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'll be there with my girlfriend. We always go to one road game a year and figured App State would be a cool place. I too have heard the tailgating scene is awesome.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Have fun I already went to Pullman this year, so unfortunately not, hopefully there's will be some Brown and Gold in NC
HellBass
Buckaroo

I'll be there...flying in from Columbia, MO to hang with a buddy of mine who is a faculty member at App State (and is also turning 40 that weekend). I believe a fun time is going to be had. Boone is absolutely picturesque, and the tailgating is supposed to be awesome. If anyone is interested, I can try to get details about our 'gate and you're welcome to come have a beer. :D
Powder River, Let 'er Buck!
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

I'll be attending with my son, will in Boone on Thursday evening and Friday we are hitting the golf course. On to the game Saturday. Hope to meet up with some of the Cowboy faithful this weekend.

:D
trapdrawApp
Buckaroo

Safe Travels to all who are coming. Hope the weather gets better as it has not stopped raining since Thursday night. The forecast is calling for things to improve by Friday.
Triple-WY
Buckaroo

I will be there. Currently in Maryland but spent the last decade in NC, have enjoyed Boone and the surrounding area before and am looking forward to the game and atmosphere....... though the state of the program is putting a bit of a damper on what I originally thought would be a good game. Will have my family in tow and will be meeting a friend and his family that are also traveling from GA. See you boys there. I will be the one in the brown and gold.
appalum1
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:I have heard that Appy state has a great tailgating scene. Might not be a bad idea to swing by their message board and ask for the highlights/what not to miss.
Poke:
I was at the 04 game with wife & 2 sons (9 & 11 at the time). Game was a disaster (53 - 7), but we had fun out there. Wish y'all the same experience.

That was App's first ever game with the spread option offense. It looked like the first time we'd ever played football. We got better (2005 was our 1st national championship), but that first game in Laramie in 2004 was PAINFUL!!!

Yes, tailgating in Boone is pretty good stuff -- we're way beyond hotdogs & hamburgers. Just wear your colors & get there about 11:00 am Saturday. Kickoff is at 3:30 pm. I would expect you will have offers from many tailgaters to come visit & share. Plenty of good restaurants in Boone; good breweries too. Lost Province Brewery just off King St. near the Courthouse is really good. Also, check out Mast General Store on King Street.

BTW, most App fans are not fond of "Appy", but I know you meant no offense. It is also somewhat important (at least to all App fans I know) for the name to be pronounced properly. The Appa-lay-chuns are the mountain chain, the school's name is pronounced appa-latch-un, by all locals & students. Even hearing the wrong pronunciation is akin to strokin a cat backwards. I'm just saying ... b/c I don't like to offend unintentionally, & I bet you don't either.

This year's App team is looking pretty good. We expect to be challenging for the Sunbelt title this year. It appears it may come down to us vs. Georgia Southern. GaSo followed us up from the Southern Conference, so we go way back. Not a lot of love lost between the two fan bases or football teams. Although we lost to Clemson 41 - 10 last week, it was not as bad as the score indicated. Clemson scored 28 in the 2nd quarter off 3 interceptions. We did our own whoopin on Howard (they were awful) and Old Dominion (at their home), beating both 49 - 0. I cannot remember the last time App pitched a shutout, and this year we've already done it twice. But, App's defense is the real deal. Front 7 are the rivals of any team in the country.

I'm sure no one on this year's App team remembers the 2004 Wyoming game (some would have been about 8 yrs old at the time), but I do. I would imagine the coach does. I am sure someone has explained that we owe the Cowboys one.

Kidd Brewer Stadium is a great venue for college football. I suggest arriving in the stadium about 50 minutes before kickoff to see the band enter the stadium. It's good stuff. I never tire of it, and I've had season tickets for like 20+ years. Been coming to games prior to that.

Anyway, hope to see a bunch of Cowboy fans next weekend. Safe travels, and good luck! Y'all come!