Tristan Bailey

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Is the worst player to receive a scholarship at Wyoming.. Discuss!

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

VisorHair wrote:Is the worst player to receive a scholarship at Wyoming.. Discuss!
Isn't he a walk on? Either way... ugh...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, he's a walk on.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

There are players who are scholar-shipped who never see the field. He's the best we have at that position, or he wouldn't be out there.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Good thing the coaching staff has gone out and recruited a kicker for next season.
ImageImageImageImage
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Why isn't Ethan kicking? poop, Brian Hill wouldn't be much worse than Bailey
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

wyokoke wrote:Why isn't Ethan kicking? poop, Brian Hill wouldn't be much worse than Bailey
As frustrating as it is, maybe he's a kid who never misses in practice and is a mental case during games. Maybe the coaches see potential and don't intend on giving up on kids 7 games into their college career.

The thing about one of our favorite catch phrases here, "player development", is that it can be a tedious process that doesn't happen overnight. Especially when the only time he can develop kicking in game situations is, well, kicking in game situations.

I think he'll figure it out. Much like the rest of our guys right now, it might be painful to watch him get there.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
wyokoke wrote:Why isn't Ethan kicking? poop, Brian Hill wouldn't be much worse than Bailey
As frustrating as it is, maybe he's a kid who never misses in practice and is a mental case during games. Maybe the coaches see potential and don't intend on giving up on kids 7 games into their college career.

The thing about one of our favorite catch phrases here, "player development", is that it can be a tedious process that doesn't happen overnight. Especially when the only time he can develop kicking in game situations is, well, kicking in game situations.

I think he'll figure it out. Much like the rest of our guys right now, it might be painful to watch him get there.
Well if they've got so much faith, why are they bringing in a scholarship guy next year? 1/7, and it's not like we're asking for 50+ yarders
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

wyokoke wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Well if they've got so much faith, why are they bringing in a scholarship guy next year? 1/7, and it's not like we're asking for 50+ yarders
Beats me man. Quitting on one guy sends a message to everyone else?

"I need all of you to believe in your coaches and buy into our program. But if you struggle, I'm throwing you under the bus and giving up on you."
Last edited by BackHarlowRoad on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

How bad are the other kickers then?
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:How bad are the other kickers then?
Invisible.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I'd think even one of those kids could go 1/2 from 35. Even high schoolers could
W-Y, Until I Die!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:How bad are the other kickers then?
Scary thought.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Let's just start going for it on what would be anything longer than a 25 yarder. At least then even if we don't get it we could help field position a bit.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

If it's longer than 4th an 6 and we have anything less than 40 yard FG, I'd still say go for the fg. He has to start hitting a better %, right?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Given our record, I don't think it'll really hurt to let him keep kicking - sure it would've been nice if he had been able to put the game away today, but if we had stayed with the offensive game that had kept working all game long rather than trying to bleed 25 minutes off the clock, the game could've been put away that way as well.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

Beats me man. Quitting on one guy sends a message to everyone else?

"I need all of you to believe in your coaches and buy into our program. But if you struggle, I'm throwing you under the bus and giving up on you."
The coaching staff isn't quitting on our kicker, that's why they keep rolling him out there. But of course they need to bring in a new kicker, as they do every other position. It's all about trying to find guys that will at minimum, will push the present starters to perform better, and ideally, take their place.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Ryan Cummings has to be right next to him for worst on the team. He may be the most penalized o-lineman in the country.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Ryan Cummings has to be right next to him for worst on the team. He may be the most penalized o-lineman in the country.
Wow. I think Cummings is one of our up and coming star linemen. I just don't understand the thinking and comments of some on this board.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Yeah. Cummings is quite good.