Ken the Barrelman Koretos on ESPN video

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

ESPN has a 15 second video of him on the website!!
GO POKES!!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

jbeiermann wrote:ESPN has a 15 second video of him on the website!!
Not a fan.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Not a fan.
Ken has been around forever and is an absolute true fan of Wyoming Athletics. Hate on Ken and you hate on all of the other traditions we have, albeit few in recent times. I suppose you don't remember the "Cotton-eyed Joe" dancer at the basketball games? That guy was a classic!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PokeTransplant wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Not a fan.
Ken has been around forever and is an absolute true fan of Wyoming Athletics. Hate on Ken and you hate on all of the other traditions we have, albeit few in recent times. I suppose you don't remember the "Cotton-eyed Joe" dancer at the basketball games? That guy was a classic!
He was also at the football games. :thumb:
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

That guy was... AWESOME! We need more fat guys that can dance like that!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Big fan of the Barrelman.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Ken is the most self absorbed, arrogant, and unfriendly person I have met at a UW game. That's my opinion. Not forcing it on anyone, just the first hand experience I have with him. I know others with the same feelings. I am all for a great athletic representative, but my experience with him has not been great.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Ken is the most self absorbed, arrogant, and unfriendly person I have met at a UW game. That's my opinion. Not forcing it on anyone, just the first hand experience I have with him. I know others with the same feelings. I am all for a great athletic representative, but my experience with him has not been great.
Has a hot daughter though. Except she is Boise fan, go figure.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:Ken is the most self absorbed, arrogant, and unfriendly person I have met at a UW game. That's my opinion. Not forcing it on anyone, just the first hand experience I have with him. I know others with the same feelings. I am all for a great athletic representative, but my experience with him has not been great.
How can you be a Wyo super fan to the point that you wear a barrel to games and raise a daughter that is a Boise fan?
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

How can you be a Wyo super fan to the point that you wear a barrel to games and raise a daughter that is a Boise fan?
I expect that when you wear a barrel, everything in your life can go any which way.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

COS Cowboy wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
If you were his daughter, would you want to go to WYO games and have people ask you if that is your dad? Think about this from a teenage girl standpoint.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

As I have mentioned on the board before, differing opinions are encouraged (especially when it is me getting skewered for my loss of love for our AD), and I certainly respect yours. That said, I have the polar opposite view of Ken from you wyocowoby2014. He has always been respectful, greeting, and welcoming to everyone I have ever known.

Anyone that puts on a brown & gold barrel, attends 10 or so football games every year (and numerous basketball games), regardless the weather / roads, all on his own dime, while continually cheering on the Pokes, is a winner and a true WYO fan in my book.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
As I have mentioned on the board before, differing opinions are encouraged (especially when it is me getting skewered for my loss of love for our AD), and I certainly respect yours. That said, I have the polar opposite view of Ken from you wyocowoby2014. He has always been respectful, greeting, and welcoming to everyone I have ever known.

Anyone that puts on a brown & gold barrel, attends 10 or so football games every year (and numerous basketball games), regardless the weather / roads, all on his own dime, while continually cheering on the Pokes, is a winner and a true WYO fan in my book.
I am glad you have had positive experiences with him. I wish I did too. He was particularly rude to my wife at a basketball game once, when he was not in costume. Maybe he was having a bad night (it was before the game started), but I have not had a favorable opinion towards him after that night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I am glad you have had positive experiences with him. I wish I did too. He was particularly rude to my wife at a basketball game once, when he was not in costume. Maybe he was having a bad night (it was before the game started), but I have not had a favorable opinion towards him after that night.
I would be the same way as you - if that happened to me / my wife, no doubt about it. Bad night or not, he makes himself so highly visable, and if he acts like a jackass, that's 100% on him.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote: If you were his daughter, would you want to go to WYO games and have people ask you if that is your dad? Think about this from a teenage girl standpoint.
OK, you have a point!
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

I find him a tad creepy ... also BYU banned him from his barrel in Provo. :lol:

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

VisorHair wrote:I find him a tad creepy ... also BYU banned him from his barrel in Provo. :lol:
Anybody that creeps out byu is ok in my book.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I just find him unoriginal. If he was the first guy in a 200 mile radius to wear a barrel to home games I would give him credit. He wasn't. The Denver Broncos had their own barrel man for years before Cowboy Ken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_Ma ... Broncos%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just don't like it when people steal someones traditions and pass it off as theirs. It's like the Boise fan/douches stealing "In Heaven there is no beer." Start your own traditions Boise douchers.

You have to give him credit for his dedication and love for Wyoming though. He goes to a lot of games and really supports our university.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Ken has been super nice to me....!

I wrote a nice letter to him and sent custom/printed cards to sign and he signed them all along with a written page note.
He asked me to say hello at a game this year if I went. I went to North Dakota game. After that game I said hi, we chatted, got a pic together, and he gave my another pic he had. He is super nice.....

No reason to hate a POKE FAN from me.

Going to make the 8 hour journey from Lincoln, NE to watch UW beat CSU for the bronze boot also
GO POKES!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:I just find him unoriginal. If he was the first guy in a 200 mile radius to wear a barrel to home games I would give him credit. He wasn't. The Denver Broncos had their own barrel man for years before Cowboy Ken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_Ma ... Broncos%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just don't like it when people steal someones traditions and pass it off as theirs. It's like the Boise fan/douches stealing "In Heaven there is no beer." Start your own traditions Boise douchers.

You have to give him credit for his dedication and love for Wyoming though. He goes to a lot of games and really supports our university.
I'm assuming you find our fight song unoriginal too?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.