Coffman

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wwcc22
Buckaroo

Anyone hear how bad Coffman is hurt. Thanks
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Someone on the game thread said they heard separated shoulder
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Though unconfirmed for now.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Was it his throwing arm? I can't remember
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Newest report from gags is that it wasn't too serious and could play on Friday. Should know more at Bohls press conference today...or not since he doesn't seem to give much info away even saying Gentry could maybe play at Boise even when we all knew he wouldn't.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I think Bohl will hold it close to the chest. I am hearing conflicting reports from non-media people even.

I realize Smith lacks experience, but dang, we can't be one dimensional vs USU. If Smith starts, don't be surprised if USU has 8 guys in the box and forces Smith to pass.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

If I had a guess I'd say Cam's going to be out a couple weeks.
ImageImageImageImage
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:I think Bohl will hold it close to the chest. I am hearing conflicting reports from non-media people even.

I realize Smith lacks experience, but dang, we can't be one dimensional vs USU. If Smith starts, don't be surprised if USU has 8 guys in the box and forces Smith to pass.
Smith looked much better against Boise....he could always run, but had some zip and accuracy on a couple of his passes. He is a less polished version of Josh Allen. Let's see what the kid can do.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I hope you are right. From what I have seen, it could be very rocky vs USU.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:I hope you are right. From what I have seen, it could be very rocky vs USU.
USU didn't look very good against SDSU. But, they did force 7 or so turnovers in their win against Boise. Seems like an opportunistic team. I think the Pokes play them tough, but will allow a big play or make a stupid play that will cost them in the end.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

^ I can't wait to see what our special teams blunder will be against them this year, but I can think of a few scenarios
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

djm19 wrote:I think Bohl will hold it close to the chest. I am hearing conflicting reports from non-media people even.

I thought the same thing. Single coverage man-to-man, one safety overtop, and everyone else in the box. USU would be smart - no doubt - if they forced WYO to throw to win.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This is gonna be like last year again. Gonna lose 23-6 or something like that.

Spread is +24.5.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:This is gonna be like last year again. Gonna lose 23-6 or something like that.

Spread is +24.5.
Will our six come from two made FGs?....or a missed xp? :D

My guess would be like 35-13 or so.

I will be there. Frick. Amazing what a difference a few months can make. I paid fairly high for nicer seats, now Stubhub is practically giving them away.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

J-Rod wrote:This is gonna be like last year again. Gonna lose 23-6 or something like that.

Spread is +24.5.
That is a ridiculous spread against USU. USU does not have a prolific offense. The way this keeps up, Wyoming may end up 9-3 vs. the spread this year.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:

Spread is +24.5.
That is a ridiculous spread against USU. USU does not have a prolific offense. The way this keeps up, Wyoming may end up 9-3 vs. the spread this year.
Yeah, but to be fair, I have seen less than prolific offenses score a lot of points on us.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: Yeah, but to be fair, I have seen less than prolific offenses score a lot of points on us.
Yeah, might be putting too much emphasis on Saturday's result. Boise's approach on and off the field really seemed to treat the game as a quasi-bye week. USU might not be so willing.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

The past four games I have taken a whole new approach on this team. Trying to see them for what they are, and imagine what they can be. I am trying to temper expectations, but on the same hand, I am not going to sugarcoat when I see crap I think is lacking. I have not personally attacked our Kicker, but plain and simple, our kicking has sucked and we cannot rely on kicking game. That is fact, not opinion. I have been little disappointed in our D line. Just not near as dominant as I was expecting.

For being down 17-0 vs Boise State, I saw a lot of 3rd down and longs by BSU. Sure, they ended up getting the first down, but I was pleased with the effort. Some bad bad plays cost us multiple times. However, I can't say "If we had a play go this way, the result is different," because we are making these same bone-headed plays game after game.

Granderson, Wingard, DJ May, Epps and many others, I am seeing improvement each week.

What I am trying to say is we can't really compare the Boise State game to the USU game. I have several buddies who work in the USU athletic dept. and I am telling you, Matt Wells is a hot-headed dude. He will not let USU look past UW like Polian's guys did. The USU friends and family I have are writing us off for sure. Bosie did not look like a team doing their usual Boise State running up the score on teams. Maybe we were playing better than I thought, I don't know. But USU will not let up. I have listened to Matt Wells in person, from his own mouth, say "We will play the entire game." And he went on to say that the second string guys practice just as hard and deserve to score, etc as well.

I can see this game turning quickly if we can't score. And that scares me. USU D got dumptrucked by SDSU O line. Although I am seeing improvement with our O line, I don't know if we will control the line of scrimmage like SDSU did. I hope I am wrong.

As mentioned before, USU is a very opportunistic team. If we don't control the ball, we could get rolled.

lastly, the fact that I consider "covering the spread" is a win, is pretty depressing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

J-Rod wrote:
djm19 wrote: Yeah, but to be fair, I have seen less than prolific offenses score a lot of points on us.
Yeah, might be putting too much emphasis on Saturday's result. Boise's approach on and off the field really seemed to treat the game as a quasi-bye week. USU might not be so willing.
I'm not sure why you think this way. It's not like they took their starters out. So they didn't throw a ton of homerun balls, but would you after the performance Rypien turned in the previous week? We did a decent job of stuffing the run for the most part.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

I know most USU fans could care less about this game. Zero worries to them. They are already looking ahead to future games, MWC Championship game, etc. I am hoping the players are looking ahead too.