Bohl interviewed for Iowa State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Your Lord and Savior tried to jump ship.

But it's a process... I forgot.

Wait DC interviewed for someone else too. Right after our winningest season in 15 years.
NOT our 2nd worst season in 15 years.
Wait let me guess, you are going to say "a Big12 team interviewing Bohl after a 2 win season shows how good he can be". Save it. He shouldn't have been interviewing for another job after 6 wins in 2 years if he thought he could win here.

Someone wanna tell me how this is all part of the foundation being built?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Your Lord and Savior tried to jump ship.

Wait DC interviewed for someone else too. Right after our winningest season in 15 years.
Wait let me guess, you are going to say "a Big12 team interviewing Bohl after a 2 win season shows how good he can be". Save it. He shouldn't have been interviewing for another job after 6 wins in 2 years if he thought he could win here.

I call poop!!! Unless you can prove it, stop spreading rumors.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Yeah I just found this quote:

Did Iowa State interview anyone else for its head coaching job? CycloneFanatic.com's Chris Williams published a report that Wyoming head coach Craig Bohl had interviewed. Bohl was previously the national championship head coach at North Dakota State. It is not known at this time whether Fleck or Odom or anyone else reached the interview stage with Iowa State. Fleck will remain a hot prospect for a move up to a Power 5 level school while Odom is considered the strong frontrunner for the Memphis job if he is not hired at Missouri.

Now whether or not he actually interviewed for it is another thing but if he did then I have a hard time backing a guy or giving a guy more time when knowing first chance he gets he is jumping ship. Doesn't really show he is trying to build anything here.
Honestly though I don't really care as I am about fed up with the football team and think it is about a lost cause anymore at Wyoming. Wyoming should allocate more funds to basketball.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 241 times

I'd like a source
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Beaver,

I am going to wait until this is verified by more reliable media. If this is true that tells me Bohl realizes the tough task he has in front of him at Wyoming and saw a possible out. Not a good sign. That said, that is IF it is true. I have a hard time believing Iowa St or any P5 school will come a calling right now.

So far this is all that I have seen is a forum post and a tweet from Chris Williams.

"Source: Bohl got an interview
Now hearing that Wyoming head coach (formerly of NDSU) Craig Bohl got an interview. Don't think he's getting the job, but I'm hearing he interviewed." a posting by Chris Williams on a forum. That isn't really a report in my opinion more rumor mill. Even if true was it a simple informal telephone call. Hard to know more with a grand total of two sentences. Well three counting the tweet.

Either way I think the thread should have been titled Bohl reportedly interviewed as I have not seen it verified by another source and even that source doesn't list it as a certainty.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Expat_Poke wrote:Beaver,

I am going to wait until this is verified by more reliable media. If this is true that tells me Bohl realizes the tough task he has in front of him at Wyoming and saw a possible out. Not a good sign. That said, that is IF it is true. I have a hard time believing Iowa St or any P5 school will come a calling right now.

So far this is all that I have seen is a forum post and a tweet from Chris Williams.

Now hearing that Wyoming head coach (formerly of NDSU) Craig Bohl got an interview. Don't think he's getting the job, but I'm hearing he interviewed." a posting by Chris Williams on a forum. That isn't really a report in my opinion more rumor mill. Even if true was it a simple informal telephone call. Hard to know more with a grand total of two sentences. Well three counting the tweet.

Either way I think the thread should have been titled Bohl reportedly interviewed as I have not seen it verified by another source and even that source doesn't list it as a certainty.
^ This

I would expect the ever-coveted Ryan Holmgren to report something on this - either way - if he really is worth a good god damn.

Logic says, no way in hell did Iowa State interview a coach who has decimated a G5 level program, finishing the second season of his tenure at 2 & 10, in a poop conference, with an even poop out of conference schedule.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Expat_Poke wrote:Beaver,

^ This

I would expect the ever-coveted Ryan Holmgren to report something on this - either way - if he really is worth a good god damn.

Logic says, no way in hell did Iowa State interview a coach who has decimated a G5 level program, finishing the second season of his tenure at 2 & 10, in a poop conference, with an even poop out of conference schedule.
This. And, I don't think Bohl would just give up two years in. It just doesn't seem to be his nature. He had plenty of opportunity to move on while at NDSU and didn't. Plus, he was out recruiting in Jackson earlier this week.

Until substantiated with proof, I'll throw the poop flag.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

If true, I think this is a big indictment of our gutless AD and the likelihood that he isn't going to fight to get Bohl what he really needs.

Having a hard time believing he do it, though (or that IA State would reach out after this recent abomination).
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:

Stick your fingers in your ear and yell "I can't hear you I can't hear you".

Wake up and realize Bohl is not the guy for Wyoming football.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

Or - you could just stick your finger up your ass and yell "I'm full of poop, I'm full of poop".
:whistle:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

So Beav hates Bohl enough to believe a rumor of a rumor rather than wait for it to actually be substantiated by reliable sources...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:So Beav hates Bohl enough to believe a rumor of a rumor rather than wait for it to actually be substantiated by reliable sources...

If the Chris Williams guy is wrong or lied, then so be it. Then means Bohl didn't interview.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

Or - you could just stick your finger up your ass and yell "I'm full of poop, I'm full of poop".
Well considering I'm not the one who first said Bohl interviewed for the ISU job, that doesn't really apply to me. :thumb:
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

Well considering I'm not the one who first said Bohl interviewed for the ISU job, that doesn't really apply to me. :thumb:
You did decide to start a bloody thread about it, though, and I was hoping for an actual source. I'm sure I'm not the only one who expected to see one.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 605 times
Been liked: 241 times

Why would anyone interview Bohl at this point? This seems absurd
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LanderPoke wrote:Why would anyone interview Bohl at this point? This seems absurd
Only one reason remotely possible: Quota
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

First, no credible reports confirming this yet, so nothing but a rumor as of now.

Still, even if this rumor is true, why would people be mad? Sorry, but that is a bit Polyannish. This is the real world, FFS. WYO is a G5 school in crap conference (right now) and is middle to the bottom in terms of budgets. Our staff salaries are abysmal and recruiting budget also pretty weak (this last bump really helped...kudos Burman on that).

All of that vs. a Midwest P5 team that has an AD who wants a run first O. Reality is, Bohl would be nucking futs to not interview if given the opportunity. Nothing personal; just business. You think Bohl makes 2018 if his teams don't win and Burman has other options? Hell no.

Listen to Neon Deion: "It's hard for me to fathom that I gotta be loyal to you, when you're not loyal to me."

Players transferring, coaches moving on, ADs firing coaches before their contract is up, Presidents firing ADs, BOT firing presidents, etc. etc.

All the rest of this brick by brick, foundation, bleed brown and gold crap is nothing more than hot air. Bohl is committed to building a winning program here until he's not. I have no doubt that he'll do the best job he can do while he's here and I have no doubt that he will take advantage of any opportunity that betters his personal situation. It is called reality; deal with it.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Such a hypocritical and finicky bunch...

After two seasons- people trashing Bohl. Calling his marketing a bunch of BS. Saying his system doesn't work here. Saying he can't recruit. Obviously showing ZERO loyalty to him....then....suddenly, without evidence, we hear from an online forum that he interviewed for a job? Wow, now we suddenly want him to be loyal to Wyoming?

Some of you make me shake my head.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

He probably dropped his coffee mug if someone called for a job interview after you post a solid 6-18 (25% W percentage) on his resume. More shocked than anyone.

Last year some idiots on here were speculating he could go to Nebraska. Wow. Time for the aliens to return and clean out the petri dish.