Bohl interviewed for Iowa State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Cornpoke wrote:If Bohl didn't actually interview for Iowa st. Then lock this thread and stop giving Beaver the pleasure of trying to start poop. I have a feeling he does this on more than just Wyonation. Trolls like him go all over other teams forums and try to stir the pot.

Let's not give this Oregon state fan the pleasure of that. I'd prefer this site to be for REAL Wyoming fans.
What is WRONG with you? Haven't you realized by now that B-Poke is a College Football Super-Genius? He has single-handedly developed a system of evaluating a Head Coach's success destiny with a mere two seasons' record, and has discovered a two-season statistical analysis to back it up. I'm sure he's already got patent attorneys working on his Process, because he's waaaaayyyyy too smart to let something as Earth-shaking (in the world of CFB) go out as open-source. By now he's probably fielding calls from most of the SEC and a bunch of Nebraska donors to grant them license to the Process, as I'm also sure he's working on the next-generation system that will (prepare to be amazed!) accomplish the same thing with only one season's results and performance. Of course all of that is with one eye to reinventing the Magic 8-Ball to actually predict any potential head coach's success probability BEFORE HE'S EVEN HIRED!!! Of course, there will be some sort of mathematical matrix to back that up as well, probably based on plucking daffodil petals- you know, a very green intersection of mathematics and bio-science. It's all so next, next, next, next-generation that it's virtually impossible for other, merely mortal football fans to really comprehend. You really can't expect a 7th grade science fair runner up to really grok Stephen Hawking, and B-Poke's, well, he's THE Stephen Hawking of College Football. Won't be long now until he changes his avatar and starts shopping for just the right eyeglasses and perhaps, just to help in channel Hawking, a mobility chair complete with Oregon State Beaver and Wyoming Cowboy logos that only appear when the spokes are turning as fast as his turbine of a football brain.

I quiver in awe, as you should. It is what we owe him...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

That took effort and real commitment. Solid work navian.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:If Bohl didn't actually interview for Iowa st. Then lock this thread and stop giving Beaver the pleasure of trying to start poop. I have a feeling he does this on more than just Wyonation. Trolls like him go all over other teams forums and try to stir the pot.

Let's not give this Oregon state fan the pleasure of that. I'd prefer this site to be for REAL Wyoming fans.

Lol you get so mad, it's great.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

And your obsession with anything that may make Bohl look bad is annoying.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Which is what?

Tell me how I am so obsessed with making Bohl look bad?

I saw a tweet from an ISU sports reporter that said Bohl interviewed for the ISU job, so I made this thread.
I wasn't even the first person on here to mention the interview.

You don't like the post I made about how after 2 seasons at Wyoming the record is what it's going to be when he leaves?

What else do I do to make Bohl look bad?

Ever stop to wonder if it's Bohl's coaching that makes Bohl look bad? Dude won 2 f-word games this season.
Get a grip, wake up and realize Bohl is not FBS material. Not at Wyoming anyways.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Which is what?

I saw a tweet from an ISU sports reporter that said Bohl interviewed for the ISU job, so I made this thread.

You don't like the post I made about how after 2 seasons at Wyoming the record is what it's going to be when he leaves?

I agree with this completely. ITs not like Bohl has done anything to keep the critique at bay...
BeaverPoke wrote:Ever stop to wonder if it's Bohl's coaching that makes Bohl look bad? Dude won 2 f-word games this season.
Get a grip, wake up and realize Bohl is not FBS material. Not at Wyoming anyways.
Cant get on board with this yet. I think he deserves his 4 years to turn this around. After year 4, it'll be time to grade his performance.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Which is what?

I agree with this completely. ITs not like Bohl has done anything to keep the critique at bay...
BeaverPoke wrote:Ever stop to wonder if it's Bohl's coaching that makes Bohl look bad? Dude won 2 f-word games this season.
Cant get on board with this yet. I think he deserves his 4 years to turn this around. After year 4, it'll be time to grade his performance.
What if next season is another 2 to 4 win year?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Which is what?

What if next season is another 2 to 4 win year?
I'll pull out what little hair I have left. I won't like it.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lol.

OOC games are:
Northern Illinois (playing in MAC Championship tonight)
@Nebraska
UC Davis (fcs)
@Eastern Michigan (1-11 this year..... WTF)

MWC home games:
AFA. Boise State. Utah State. SDSU.

MWC road games:
New Mexico. Sheep. UNLV. Nevada.

I'm projecting 4.
Probably UC Davis, EMU, 1 home MWC game (USU or SDSU?), 1 road MWC game (UNLV or CSU?)
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Dear OSU fan:

They could finish with 4-5 wins next season (and probably will) and as I've been trying to ram it through your head, it could be a season of progress and further building of the foundation.

You seem to want 0-100 in 6 seconds flat.

Doesn't work like that...nothing built for sustained success does.

Repeat the mantra after me until you commit it to memory: This is a process. This is a process. This is a process. This is a process. Same for Larry Shyatt when he took over...it was and still is a process. Process. Process.

There you go OSU fan...now you got it! That's right: It's a process!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 132 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:Dear OSU fan:

They could finish with 4-5 wins next season (and probably will) and as I've been trying to ram it through your head, it could be a season of progress and further building of the foundation.

Repeat the mantra after me until you commit it to memory: This is a process. This is a process. This is a process. This is a process. Same for Larry Shyatt when he took over...it was and still is a process. Process. Process.

There are numerous examples of total rebuilds that were built for sustained success and had 7+ win seasons by year 3.

I personally think and can provide examples that 4 years is ample time to get an indication of where things are headed.

I'm fully on board with Bohl but it will be interesting to see if he can build something from nothing where before he had the luxury of sustaining success at a solid program with top end everything for that division.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Dear shock jock DJ thats been ran out of several jobs,
The only process going on under Craig Bohl is losing.
Want to talk about Shyatt? Shyatt actually f-word won.
Bohl doesn't do that. Your comparison ends there.
Enough with the blowhard arrogance you spew.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 250 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

Uh, no. How was Shyatt's conference record his first three years back?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Conference record wasn't great, but he took a team that had won 10 games a year to a 21 win season.
We won 20 the next season as well.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times

At the end of his fourth year, we better be in a bowl game, or he is done!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:

If you're referring to an opinionated and provocative talk show host who delivers show after show with long-form uninterrupted commentary fashioned within an extemporaneous on-air environment...then that's me.

I don't spin records and have never been a 'DJ'.

'Run out of' is pretty misleading, in addition, if you know anything about the industry you would be aware that security within it can be challenging...particularly for someone such as myself who consistently colors outside lines and chooses not to be affiliated with status quo script reading.

Since you brought up my occupation I think it only fair to also make certain to let people know that the show was named one of America's best by Sports Illustrated, was featured in a national magazine story, was the subject of a documentary film, and was constantly praised by New York's most widely read newspaper, The NY Daily News. I only mention all this and leave some of their critiques below because you choose to bring up my occupation and then attempted to distort and mislead my standing within it.

Now back to the issue at hand: IT IS A PROCESS. Get that through your limited brain and maybe some here will begin to take you seriously, instead of looking at you like a foul-mouthed, juvenile, sophomoric, wise-ass, who other posters continuously make look feeble and outright stupid. You prove consistently that academia should never be confused with common sense.

We can go tit-for-tat all day long, Tyler, I'll be more than happy to keep running it right up your lame ass time after time.

“Costa is unpredictable but clever. He’s compelling. An original – a mastermind.”

“Tomorrow’s Mets home opener is not the biggest event in New York. That honor is reserved for the arrival of The Mastermind, Dino Costa, to NYC where he will permanently set up shop and paint his nightly masterpiece from Sirius/XM’s midtown studios. Tapes of each show will be immediately delivered to the Museum of Broadcasting.”

“Weekly Dino Costa reference: Is it true Sirius/XM boss Mel Karmazin is considering re–branding, changing the channel’s name from “Mad Dog Radio” to “Mastermind Dino Radio?””

“Dude of the Week: Dino Costa. The resident lunatic and mastermind of Sirius/XM’s “Mad DogRadio” did not disappoint during his Manhattan invasion. Costa threw a wicked curve Thursday night when he teamed with Electric Circus ringmaster Scott Ferrall. A situation ready to spin out of control, featuring two yutzes fitted for matching straitjackets before the gig, proved to be edgy and enlightening – seriously. The roof didn’t blow off until King Scotty departed. Costa morphed into Ferrall, doing a perfect, hour–long imitation of the gravelly voiced yakker. Under this cover, Dino MC’d a Dump–O–Thon, torching numerous suspects – including his boss, Chris (Mad Dog) Russo. Costa indicated Doggie wears his “Marquis” costume outside the studio. “(Russo) puts on a wig,” Costa said. “He needs to see a psychiatrist.””

“What a week Dino Costa turned in on Sirius/XM filling in for Chris (Mad Dog) Russo. Do everyone a favor Doggie, take another week off so The Mastermind can mastermind afternoon drive. Plenty of highlights. Like On Thursday, when Costa took 79 calls in an hour. Or Wednesday, when he psycho–analyzed himself. Never easy. We now have more proof Costa is cutting through. Last week, we were approached by a former WFAN talkie who now spends his time on TV. He seemed miffed over our role as Costa’s chief pom–pom waver.”

“Costa’s a must–listen. If Sirius/XM’s Chris (Mad Dog) Russo was transported back in time, and asked to scout a young Sandy Koufax, his report would have said: “He’s got too much on his curveball. He’s too wild. I’ll take a pass.” If Russo continues dumping on Costa, it will provide ample evidence that, as a talent evaluator, Doggie’s clueless. With Costa working the night shift, there’s now actually a terrific reason to listen to “MDR” after 8 p.m. By the way, Costa will be filling in for Doggie this week. This means there is finally a great reason to listen to “MDR” from 2 p.m.–7 p.m.”

“Tuesday, Jackson phoned in after Russo inferred Reggie is a guy suffering from the disease of me. “I’m your friend,” Jackson said. “You can’t be banging me.” Wonder what Jax would’ve done if he heard Dino Costa’s Monday night rant? The Mastermind replayed Russo’s interview, pausing only to put a verbal beatdown on Jackson. Costa came to a singular conclusion. “Reggie Jackson,” Costa said, “is a narcissistic bastard.””

“As he does most every week, Chris (Mad Dog) Russo torched Dino Costa, the Mastermind of “Mad Dog Radio.” Dog ain’t no dope. Just mentioning Dino stirs listeners up. Russo also knows the tremendous value of Costa. That’s why gnomes working for Doggie got Costa to agree to a renegotiated, one–year deal, which will keep Dino yakking in the kennel (for more than dog bones) through March 2011.”

“The Dino Costa experience continues infiltrating every crevice of Sirius/XM’s “Mad Dog Radio.” On “Stack’s House,” Jerry Stackhouse went Dino on Richard Jefferson, torching the Spurs forward. Unfortunately, someone didn't sprinkle some Dino Dust on Chris (Mad Dog) Russo before his interview with Mark McGwire. Ain’t calling this a Twinkie Munch. Just saying Doggie wasn’t as biting as he can be. Maybe listening to some Dino tapes will get the Dog back in the groove.”

“Never underestimate the radio savvy of Sirius/XM’s Chris (Mad Dog) Russo. After doing a full five–hour shift on Tuesday, Doggie made a lengthy appearance on Dino Costa’s yakk attack during the first hour of that show. Obviously Russo knows where most “Mad Dog Radio” listeners are. He wants a piece of Costa’s action, if only to promote his slo–mo afternoon show. Dog looked to use Dino as his personal fire hydrant. But it was Russo who got dissed on. Doggie was no match for Costa, the Mastermind, during a debate over the merits of Jerry West and Kobe Bryant.”

‘It was inevitable Sirius/XM suits would fire Dino (Mastermind) Costa, which they did Friday. It was an incredibly dumb move by people who have reduced some of their talkies to antidotes for insomnia. Whoever threw Costa off SXM’s Ship of Fools never understood they had a singularly unique personality, a yakker who built and maintained a cult following and more. Instead of building on that foundation, they tore down the house, burned it, then celebrated their own stupidity.’

P.S. Get rid of that very stupid looking Beaver...this is a Wyoming fan board,Tootsie. Stop insulting many here with that ridiculous and misplaced image.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:Lol.

OOC games are:
@Nebraska
UC Davis (fcs)

MWC home games:

MWC road games:

I'm projecting 4.
Probably UC Davis, EMU, 1 home MWC game (USU or SDSU?), 1 road MWC game (UNLV or CSU?)
Do we play the same West division opponents again next year? I thought we switched each year.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

We play the same ones, only the home fields are switched. Like the Nevada schools played here this year, next year we play there.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Lol.

OOC games are:
@Nebraska
UC Davis (fcs)

MWC home games:

MWC road games:

I'm projecting 4.
Do we play the same West division opponents again next year? I thought we switched each year.
We switch every 2 seasons.
So we have UNLV, Nevada, SDSU next year but the following will have Fresno St., SJSU, and Hawaii again, like last season. But since we were most recently @Hawaii @Fresno vsSJSU I believe it will be flipped in 2017.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Best way to handle people like Beaver is to not argue with them.