12/5 WYO vs. Cal

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

How's this one going to unfold? I don't think we'll win, but I think we can keep it close and maybe have a chance. Cal is super talented, but underachieving a bit so far. Attendance will be 8k. Go, Pokes.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

If they keep playing the way they have been (minus the TOs), a win is not out of the realm of possibility. As a team, they are becoming more and more cohesive. Playing Cal will also give us an idea of how well they will perform during the conference season against teams like SDSU and BSU.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Who isn't pumped for this one! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Biggest non conference game of the year. Slick new uni's going into battle. How are the Pokes gonna hold up against these young superstar recruits in Brown and Rabb? Wallace lit us up the last time we played in a pretty ugly battle that I attended, Poke are gonna have to put the brakes on this dude. Jordan Mathews is their biggest 3 point threat so we have to cover him, but this team isn't that great at the 3 ball which is our advantage. Jabari Bird is also a solid player to look out for. I haven't seen them play but I'm guessing a lot of slashing and board ownage are Cal's strengths.

We really need to knock down the 3 for a win here. Can our zone stave off their presence in the paint? Getting one of their big 5 in foul trouble would help us out a lot. Ewww boy I'm excited and I can watch it on TV this time :popcorn:
Riding High!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:poop I just started this thread too ahahah
can we delete mine???
Or merge. Either one.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I am worried that Rabb is going to wreck us down low.

Josh will have his hands full with their guard Wallace.

Someone else better show up if we want to beat Cal.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 1 time

Based on the ticket selector on the UW site, attendance looks like it will be pretty bad for this big of a game. Unless there are a lot of sales tonight and tomorrow morning, I don't have high expectations.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 51 times

Eamonn Brennan has an article on ESPN.com touting this game as "The Scariest Road Trip" of the weekend. Vegas seems to agree as Cal only opened as 2.5 point favorites.

Regardless of who comes out with the W, this will be another great learning experience for the Pokes. Excited to see how the guys respond to facing a much more athletic and physical team than they have seen up to this point.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

Wyoming is going to win this game. It's what Shyatt teams do: win the big, high profile games at home. And they typically do it with some style (i.e. the last couple times CU came, holding #14 SDSU to 9 1st half points, beating the poop out of CSU last year, etc.).

Shyatt does a great job of coaching our guys up to take advantage of great opportunities - especially at home. This is a great opportunity to get some momentum going for not only the team, but for the fanbase. Within the first 2 minutes, we'll run an alley oop play to Adams to fire up the crowd. It's gonna be a fun afternoon in the AA tomorrow.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Turnovers and fouls are going to be extremely critical - especially in the first part of this game. We can't let them (Cal) get us out of our game with too many turnovers and fouls. Instead, we need to make it Cal that has too many turnovers and fouls.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyopig wrote:Wyoming is going to win this game. It's what Shyatt teams do: win the big, high profile games at home. And they typically do it with some style (i.e. the last couple times CU came, holding #14 SDSU to 9 1st half points, beating the poop out of CSU last year, etc.).

Shyatt does a great job of coaching our guys up to take advantage of great opportunities - especially at home. This is a great opportunity to get some momentum going for not only the team, but for the fanbase. Within the first 2 minutes, we'll run an alley oop play to Adams to fire up the crowd. It's gonna be a fun afternoon in the AA tomorrow.

Hope you're right!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

If there was ever a time for Trey to get out of his shooting slump, let it be this afternoon
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Gooooo POKES!!!
We're in good form at the right time. I think we can get this one today but the Cowboys are gonna have to find that next level in their game. Gotta play up today. Damn we win this and Shyatt has the team right back in the hunt again to possibly do something special. From a total despair feeling a few weeks ago to what would be a HUGE upset for us. I can dig it and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how we've even gotten here. This team has been improving leaps and bounds from one game to the next in a short time period :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Riding High!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 151 times

I'm at work today, any stream for this?
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

It's on CBS Sports Network, so streams might be hard to come by.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

40 minutes til game time!
Waiting waiting waiting...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Let's go!!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:I'm at work today, any stream for this?
first row has it. nothing "legal" though
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Monster jam by Adams on Cal's 7'6 Center!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

wyokoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I'm at work today, any stream for this?
first row has it. nothing "legal" though
It's on vipleague as well, but you should only use these sites if you know how they work. You'll end up with a virus if you believe the "you need to download this in order to watch this" crap.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Yeah definitely don't download everything. Is the audio on vipleague alright? Mine is super distorted