If Dalton plays one more minute than Marshall this year

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 611 times
Been liked: 245 times

I will lose it. We can't do without his offense, rebounding and athleticism. Maybe after getting slaughtered on the boards Shyatt will finally play him. Dalton is too skinny, can't rebound, can't shoot and turns it over. Marshall doesn't look lost on defense to me when he was out there so hopefully he'll get into the rotation.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

+1000
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Did you watch Marshall play? He was absolutely lost and I mean LOST! I get he is athletic but there is more to basketball. Dalton didn't play good but Marshall sucked on both ends tonight except for one play.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:Did you watch Marshall play? He was absolutely lost and I mean LOST! I get he is athletic but there is more to basketball. Dalton didn't play good but Marshall sucked on both ends tonight except for one play.
Outside of Josh, there wasn't one white jersey who looked like they had any idea what they were doing on either end. I personally didn't think Marshall looked any worse than anyone else but they all looked like smashed ass
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

rich22 wrote:Did you watch Marshall play? He was absolutely lost and I mean LOST! I get he is athletic but there is more to basketball. Dalton didn't play good but Marshall sucked on both ends tonight except for one play.
He's better than Dalton out there. Dalton is a turnover machine who gets bullied.
rich22
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Outside of Josh, there wasn't one white jersey who looked like they had any idea what they were doing on either end. I personally didn't think Marshall looked any worse than anyone else but they all looked like smashed ass
I can agree with this. Marshall didn't look any better than anyone either is what I meant. They all played bad. I guess I don't understand the love for marshall right now. It's like a back up quarterback, everyone thinks the backup is awesome until they get put in and then everyone realizes why they are on the bench. That is what marshall is to me. I don't think he has good defensive instincts yet and he doesn't look like he knows the offense yet. I said yet on both of those because he reminds me of Nathan sobey so i think Shyatt will coach him up and next year he will be good just like sobey.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:
I can agree with this. Marshall didn't look any better than anyone either is what I meant. They all played bad. I guess I don't understand the love for marshall right now. It's like a back up quarterback, everyone thinks the backup is awesome until they get put in and then everyone realizes why they are on the bench. That is what marshall is to me. I don't think he has good defensive instincts yet and he doesn't look like he knows the offense yet. I said yet on both of those because he reminds me of Nathan sobey so i think Shyatt will coach him up and next year he will be good just like sobey.
I guess this is where we split again. He is head and shoulders better than Sobey right now. I never understood the love for Sobey. He hit one shot in his career of any importance. He wasn't a great defender, wasn't a great athlete, couldn't create his own shot, and wasn't a consistent scorer.... Marshall is a freak athlete, can create his shot, and I believe with minutes, will become a consistent scorer.

Right now, with this team, I want my best scorers out there. It's not like our team is going to beat people 35-28. We are going to give up buckets. Let's have personnel out there to keep pace
rich22
Ranch Hand

When have we seen marshall be a freak athlete and a great scorer?? Because if we use an exhibition game that he played in as a gauge than heath schoyer teams were everything you described as well. I prefer someone who understands what they are supposed to do and where they are supposed to be rather than an assumed "freak athlete" that can shoot a lot.
rich22
Ranch Hand

Sobey was our second leading scorer after nance went down. I see that as being good not great but good.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:Sobey was our second leading scorer after nance went down. I see that as being good not great but good.
Are you implying swap Marshall and Sobey in that situation and Marshall wouldn't do the same? Sobey being second in a depleted lineup doesn't resonate greatness...
rich22
Ranch Hand

I never said greatness but yes right now I would take the senior Sobey over this version of marshall.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:I never said greatness but yes right now I would take the senior Sobey over this version of marshall.
Ok dude
rich22
Ranch Hand

Ok
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Shyatt put Marshall in the game with 6 minutes to go when Wyoming was already down by 15 points so not really sure what Marshall is supposed to do at that point? He needs to get back in game shape after being out for a few games but trying to say Marshall sucks at both ends is funny when he didn't get much playing time and when he did the game was already over for the most part.

I don't think Dalton is horrible though. He has shown flashes that he can contribute at some point. I do still think when fully healthy Marshall is the 2nd best player on the team.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

I want the Rooster to play more myself, but it's probably a bit faster game than he's used to, but he has to get in there, as for Dalton, I like him but this aint high school ball anymore, and he'll grow as well. NEW Dynamics is a tough thing when spoiled the last 2 years excitement, sigh...oh well status quo at W.Y.O
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

rich22 wrote:
I guess this is where we split again. He is head and shoulders better than Sobey right now. I never understood the love for Sobey. He hit one shot in his career of any importance. He wasn't a great defender, wasn't a great athlete, couldn't create his own shot, and wasn't a consistent scorer.... Marshall is a freak athlete, can create his shot, and I believe with minutes, will become a consistent scorer.

Right now, with this team, I want my best scorers out there. It's not like our team is going to beat people 35-28. We are going to give up buckets. Let's have personnel out there to keep pace
I liked Sobey. I thought he was a good defender, I thought he hustled, he could create his own shot and he was a fantastic athlete as well as one of the nastiest dunkers of this decade. https://youtu.be/rlZUhq1nseE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That video makes me miss DC :( He would have 7 dunks a games this year
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
rich22 wrote:

I liked Sobey. I thought he was a good defender, I thought he hustled, he could create his own shot and he was a fantastic athlete as well as one of the nastiest dunkers of this decade. https://youtu.be/rlZUhq1nseE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That video makes me miss DC :( He would have 7 dunks a games this year
Good thing were on a forum where we each get our own opinion
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Dalton reminds me of Austin Haldorson 2.0 and that's not what you need to be doing. If he doesn't score he is worthless. Had 4 TOs last night in limited minutes. And I agree Marshall needs more minutes. While some have argued he didn't do much last night, I'm sure he was pressing more than he should have. I've watched enough games to know that Jason is either going to be really good or really bad and you can tell early on. Last night was a bad night and I think Marshall should've got the opportunity earlier. But that's my :twocents:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Dalton reminds me of Austin Haldorson 2.0 and that's not what you need to be doing. If he doesn't score he is worthless. Had 4 TOs last night in limited minutes. And I agree Marshall needs more minutes. While some have argued he didn't do much last night, I'm sure he was pressing more than he should have. I've watched enough games to know that Jason is either going to be really good or really bad and you can tell early on. Last night was a bad night and I think Marshall should've got the opportunity earlier. But that's my :twocents:
yeah especially when his NAIA or D2 team (Ft Lewis) came in here and beat us at home, and he played(fairly well)
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:
NebraskaCowboy wrote:Dalton reminds me of Austin Haldorson 2.0 and that's not what you need to be doing. If he doesn't score he is worthless. Had 4 TOs last night in limited minutes. And I agree Marshall needs more minutes. While some have argued he didn't do much last night, I'm sure he was pressing more than he should have. I've watched enough games to know that Jason is either going to be really good or really bad and you can tell early on. Last night was a bad night and I think Marshall should've got the opportunity earlier. But that's my :twocents:
yeah especially when his NAIA or D2 team (Ft Lewis) came in here and beat us at home, and he played(fairly well)
Haldorson was 1-5 from the field, had 3 points and 4 fouls in 18 minutes and his team was better with him off the floor so you might want to check your facts.