Another verbal for the Pokes

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I could see him as either a WR or TE. Right now, he's a good size for a big receiver at 6'4 210lbs. Plenty of mismatches there. If he wants to be a TE, height is fine but he'll need to put on some muscle, as 210lbs is fairly light for a TE.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Waiting for B-Poke to chime with, "he's too tall to be a WR," or, "his name doesn't sound like a great wide receiver's name."
Last edited by Wyovanian on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 616 times
Been liked: 249 times

He looks like another Hollister, but maybe a bit more athletic. Welcome! Go, Pokes.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 155 times

He has great hands
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

fromolwyoming wrote:I could see him as either a WR or TE. Right now, he's a good size for a big receiver at 6'4 210lbs. Plenty of mismatches there. If he wants to be a TE, height is fine but he'll need to put on some muscle, as 210lbs is fairly light for a TE.
You will see him as a TE.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:I could see him as either a WR or TE. Right now, he's a good size for a big receiver at 6'4 210lbs. Plenty of mismatches there. If he wants to be a TE, height is fine but he'll need to put on some muscle, as 210lbs is fairly light for a TE.
You will see him as a TE.
He'll need to add some weight, at least for the blocking part. 10-20lbs ought to do it, at least for his first year or so for adding weight.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 131 times

He runs a 4.8; I don't think/hope that he'll be a receiver. He has okay speed for a TE, not good, but okay speed.

edit: not down on him at all. I think he could be a very good TE and I agree he'll need a little weight. Still good pickup, I think.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyovanian wrote:Waiting for B-Poke to chime with, "he's too tall to be a WR," or, "his name doesn't sound like a great wide receiver's name."
Or the usual... "I can't believe he would choose Wyoming!"
I'm good for 3!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Quite the offense they had. Drop back, send Sam on a fade, repeat.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I know recruits always look good on paper. But this class is amazing considering the circumstances

I think these guys are terrible coaches but they're really good recruiters. Maybe they'll get guys talented enough to overcome their in game coaching and preparations
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Does anyone have an idea if any will enroll early? I figure Gafford is since he's a JUCO guy but I haven't seen much elsewhere. It does seem like a lot of these guys are multi sport athletes which a huge plus.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I can't remember who, but I read on twitter that someone will.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Coeur d' Alene wrote:I know recruits always look good on paper. But this class is amazing considering the circumstances

I think these guys are terrible coaches but they're really good recruiters. Maybe they'll get guys talented enough to overcome their in game coaching and preparations
You can't win three straight FCS titles without having coaching ability, although Stanard was Lb coach, not D Coordinator.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote:I know recruits always look good on paper. But this class is amazing considering the circumstances

There's a saying- you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Despite what you've seen at the movies, "coaching up" a bunch of kids lacking talent or serious physical ability doesn't really work.

Bohl's record at NDSU, where had ample time to get the ingredients to present a full menu, speaks for itself.

How about waiting until the same thing happens here?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Cornpoke wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:Waiting for B-Poke to chime with, "he's too tall to be a WR," or, "his name doesn't sound like a great wide receiver's name."
Or the usual... "I can't believe he would choose Wyoming!"
You mean, "He must not be that good if he's choosing Wyoming!"
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Speaking of WRs, did we ever find out who the freshman WRs that are supposedly leaving are?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

It is becoming more apparent on why some of the walk-ons are leaving. Just no room for scholarships. Hate on Bohl and Co. all you want, but they are having zero problems filling scholarships right now.
billings
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:It is becoming more apparent on why some of the walk-ons are leaving. Just no room for scholarships. Hate on Bohl and Co. all you want, but they are having zero problems filling scholarships right now.
yep. Recruiting is going well and I doubt there will be many, if any, unfilled scholarships
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

I would like to see some more defensive linemen - at least four out of the remaining scholarships available.