Marketing Idea for UW...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 121 times

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colle ... 43482.html

I know the players called around the Vegas bowl (or there was a pre-recorded message from JG), and I know UW has done similar stuff in the past...but this is such an easy & "FREE" way to market UW athletics!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I like the Idea of that but the problem is..... we don't have any superstars at the moment that I would even be excited to receive a call from lol.

It's also sad that a power house like Miami has to do this. I have been to the Miami Orange Bowl for a game and I was baffled by the lack of fans Miami gets for a home game. For a team with as much tradtions and NC's as the Hurricans, you'd expect them to have more fans, but they don't. I guess there are too many other things to do in Miami..
I'm good for 3!
Stuck
Ranch Hand

After being an Air Force season ticket holder for 9 years and finding out that my daughter would be attending UW in fall of '08 I decided not to renew my seats for the '07 football season. One evening I get a call from the defensive line coach of Air Force because they were concerned about every single person that was not renewing their seats. We spoke for probably 10 minutes about having kids in high school with conflicting schedules and the fact that my daughter would be attending UW and I'd be switching my allegiance. He said that he hopes to see me in the stands when the Pokes come down and play. Needless to say I was very impressed with the call from a personal and PR standpoint.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

Stuck wrote:After being an Air Force season ticket holder for 9 years and finding out that my daughter would be attending UW in fall of '08 I decided not to renew my seats for the '07 football season. One evening I get a call from the defensive line coach of Air Force because they were concerned about every single person that was not renewing their seats. We spoke for probably 10 minutes about having kids in high school with conflicting schedules and the fact that my daughter would be attending UW and I'd be switching my allegiance. He said that he hopes to see me in the stands when the Pokes come down and play. Needless to say I was very impressed with the call from a personal and PR standpoint.
Hmm.. that's a cool story. A little PR could go a long ways, as I'm sure it made an impression on you, I'm sure it couldn't hurt UW.
ImageImageImageImage
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote:I like the Idea of that but the problem is..... we don't have any superstars at the moment that I would even be excited to receive a call from lol.
I wouldn't mind talking to any of the players from Wyoming. I would be great to ask them how they are doing and how things are going in Laramie, regardless if they are "superstars". I get calls occasionally from UW students asking for donations to the UW Annual Fund and it's nice to talk to them a bit about their experiences at my alma mater. I look at it as we're all Cowboys and Cowgirls in one big family.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
MtnFBfan
Buckaroo

Colorado's players have been doing that as well as part of their interns...surely UW's defensive players could do that.