Josh Adams just dropped a career high 38 in THE PIT!!!!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

This feat deserves its own thread. Not only have we not won in The PIT since many many moons ago, when's the last time you saw one of our Pokes absolutely just take over down there? This might be one of the greatest individual performances by any of Pokes that I've seen play during my fandom. That's not to say he did it alone because he most certainly did not. That my friends was just pure magic! I'm glad I got to sit down and watch it.

Oh lets hear what this "ballhoggin" asshole :roll: :roll: :roll: (that was maybe the most ridiculous comment I've read on here btw..which is saying a LOT) had to say after crying for losing the last game against SJSU.

"We took a tough one at San Jose but we got a great one here at the Pit, where it's not easy to win," Adams said. "I just like the win. I don't think it can get much better regardless of whether I have 11 points like I did against UNLV or 38 like I had here, as long as I get to share it with this team."

Yep one of the GREATEST COWBOYS EVA!!! Thanks for the memories Josh can't wait to see how your fire propels this team again and again this season. Dude's looking like he's NBA bound. I hope he gets back in the dance one more time to show the nation what he's about.
Riding High!!!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Hear hear!!!!!!!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Interestingly, we have had a couple of incredible individual performances in The Pit through the years.

In addition to Adams, Donta Richardson had 39 the last time we won there and Mo Alexander had 49 one time in the early 90's. That was the most I ever remember a Wyoming player scoring.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

NowherePoke wrote:Interestingly, we have had a couple of incredible individual performances in The Pit through the years.

In addition to Adams, Donta Richardson had 39 the last time we won there and Mo Alexander had 49 one time in the early 90's. That was the most I ever remember a Wyoming player scoring.
Thanks for the info Nowhere. I think I can barely remember that Donta game now that you mention it. Only some of the early 90's teams barely as a youngin barely getting into hoops. I've seen us in some all out wars down there for sure. It's been awhile since I've thought "hey we could win this" down there. I had us penciled for a loss yesterday too, but who would've guessed Adams was going into Berserker mode. The WHOLE team us awesome and Shy's older vets really helped to steady that ship. Our D was awesome!! Still Josh Adams thanks again man. You will be missed bro :king: :king: :king: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Riding High!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

Josh is the man. He's truly having a dominant season
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Josh is one in a million he is fun to watch even on his worst day.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

The same thing that makes me angry at times is the same reason I love him. That last minute in San Jose by him was one of the worst collapses I have seen on offense. Then to rebound like he did vs NM is very telling on his competitiveness.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

NowherePoke wrote:Interestingly, we have had a couple of incredible individual performances in The Pit through the years.

The Mo Alexander game was against New Mexico, but it was in Laramie and we lost.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

wyopig wrote:

The Mo Alexander game was against New Mexico, but it was in Laramie and we lost.

Yes it was and yes we did. No defense! I was there.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

WYCowboy wrote:
wyopig wrote:

I was, too. After about the middle of the 1st half, Mo would take the ball up the court and jack a long three, and he made a bunch of them. Our possessions were about 10 to 15 seconds long, it seemed. Some complained about him being selfish, but he was making the shots. They should have complained about the D.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Lost Poke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
wyopig wrote:

I was, too. After about the middle of the 1st half, Mo would take the ball up the court and jack a long three, and he made a bunch of them. Our possessions were about 10 to 15 seconds long, it seemed. Some complained about him being selfish, but he was making the shots. They should have complained about the D.
Sounds like that CSU game about 5 years ago when our Gilmore did that and finished with around 30
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I loved Mo Alexander. I remember that game as well.

Mo would pull up from about half way between the 3 point line and half court and make a lot of them. Fun guy to watch.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Sooo Kick Ass, just wish i coulda seen this one as I went down to Phoenix to watch that wonderful Cardinals win over the Packers, when i checked my phone couldn't believe the score then researched it and saw those stats this is a huge accomplishment to win at the Pit now we'll see what happens on Wed against Nevada at home NO LET DOWNS FELLAS