Technical fouls and suspension

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Read the article on Adams (mostly crap as I think we'll all agree) and saw this quote from Shyatt:

“I gotta tell you something, if I still had young children, he’d be my babysitter. That’s what a wonderful human being he is and he always has been. There’s another guard in this league who has four technicals and hasn’t been reprimanded. OK?” Shyatt said. “I want to make it clear. He’s one of the most wonderful men I’ve ever coached in 41 years, and if someone else has a different perception, shame on them.”

I think the part that's worthy of it's own thread ad discussion is this:
"There’s another guard in this league who has four technicals and hasn’t been reprimanded. OK?"

Who is Shyatt referring to? And if true, why has the AD not made a bigger deal out of this? We're just willing to accept Josh's suspension (which may have cost us that game), and not make a stink over it? Shyatt can't say anything right now because of the sportsmanship clause (reprimands and fines), but couldn't the AD - personally or as a dept. - do or at least say something about this?

If UW is being treated differently - I assume because Shyatt spoke out against the league's tourney decision - and we can PROVE it, why isn't something being done? I know we don't have the whole story and know what goes on behind closed doors, but it seems to me that Burman or someone in our AD's office should be making a bigger deal out of this than I've seen.

GO POKES!!
Last edited by wellpoke on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

That means Burman would have to do his job. We all know that ain't happening.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I was wondering the same thing when I read that. I have no clue who it is though and don't know where to find technical foul statistics.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

The whole thing looks and smell pretty fishy to me too.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Marqueze Coleman from Nevada is the guy with 4 technicals this year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I'm sure they didn't want us tapping that BSU ass again since the league has been in their dick from the get go
W-Y, Until I Die!
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:I'm sure they didn't want us tapping that BSU ass again since the league has been in their dick from the get go
Not disagreeing there. I don't know who sucks who's dick more. Craig sucking BSU's or them sucking his. I'd be perfectly fine if we could get rid of both.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Marqueze Coleman from Nevada is the guy with 4 technicals this year.
Do we know what for? Wondering if the fact that one of Josh's technicals involved touching an official that made the difference.

Regardless, if it's a "policy" it needs to be enforced.

GO POKES!
wyopig
Ranch Hand

Coleman has 4 and Oliver from Nevada has 3, including an ejection. Neither have been reprimanded/suspended. What's unfortunate is that only one of Josh's 3 technicals was probably warranted, and that's the one when he lost his cool with the refs at SDSU for never calling a foul on the Aztecs. I've never seen another player get a T for touching an official, and I've seen much more contact than what Josh did when he got the whistle.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

wyopig wrote:Coleman has 4 and Oliver from Nevada has 3, including an ejection.
Doesn't Oliver have 4 as well? I thought he had 2 before the game against us where he picked up 2 more and an ejection...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Yeah I think it has to do with the public reprimand he got for touching an official and I heard it brought up somewhere that it might also stem from an altercation he had with a USU player his sophomore year I think. Apparently, fights(or whatever it was, I don't remember) stay on your "record" your entire career. But we won't know because the league refuses to explain themselves. Not that any of this makes it less BS but It might not just be about T's this year.