Juco recruiting

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

http://www.scout.com/junior-college-foo ... -prospects

I hope I attached that link correct. I thought this was pretty interesting that we offered all 4.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 156 times

You did well. Thanks! I knew about grant and lawless. What's your thought guys? Lawless sounds like he has 3 years to play, which would be great. Then get one that can play 2
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 134 times

Lack of JC signings, especially with how well Bohl does with them, has been one of my concerns.

I like that the staff is trying to use the JC ranks to shore up a few key positions. Great job, now land these guys!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Lela looks happy with Cowboys. Changed his Twitter avi to his OV uniform picture . Tapatalk isn't let me upload it right now

Lawless is reaching out to Oregon staff even after his visit.

Something happened with Villarreal. I saw a "welcome to the Utah st. Family" banner in his Twitter. Same thing we did when our FB announced signees
W-Y, Until I Die!
knhendon
Buckaroo

Villareal is interesting.

USU had him listed as signing his LOI in Dec and start school in Jan. Things must not have worked out at USU.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

ImageImage
W-Y, Until I Die!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Both reassuring in that the staff is FINALLY willing to look for some "ready-now" players and disturbing in that all four are hybrid DE/LB's officially showcasing our coach's view of both possessions with the current crop (not that we couldn't already see the extreme lack of depth ourselves).

Come get your playing time fellas!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
You would think this part of the sales pitch would carry a lot of weight with JUCOs. Without a doubt, they come in, play, and likely start. That has to be appealing to someone with just a few years of eligibility left.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
HiCountryCowboy wrote:
You would think this part of the sales pitch would carry a lot of weight with JUCOs. Without a doubt, they come in, play, and likely start. That has to be appealing to someone with just a few years of eligibility left.
Unless a true freshman like ACS comes along and forces you to play WR...
SlowPoke
Buckaroo

I don't know...Bohl seems to get the best athletes he can and then puts them in the position of greatest potential and team need.... typically defense first. He may recruit a RB, but the guy may turn out to be a TE or LB.... you just never know. Bohl and staff are developers. They take kids and mold them into outstanding football players.... but that takes time. Will he be given the time?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Considering it is passed signing day and these guys don't have a home in FBS, I would accept anything available. Beggars can't be choosers.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Two look to be more LB and two look to be more DE size
W-Y, Until I Die!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:Two look to be more LB and two look to be more DE size
We could use both...er, all four.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

SlowPoke wrote: but that takes time. Will he be given the time?
Bohl has at minimum 4 years. I think he could honestly go 0-12 and still be back the following season.

I'm not sure why people ask if WYO will have enough patience or if we will give Bohl enough time. Of course he will be given enough time. Will he be able to build a winner with enough time is the real question.

I, of course, think he will and recruiting JUCOs to fill gaps is a step in the right direction. Kudos to Bohl and staff!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
SlowPoke wrote: but that takes time. Will he be given the time?
Bohl has at minimum 4 years. I think he could honestly go 0-12 and still be back the following season.

I'm not sure why people ask if WYO will have enough patience or if we will give Bohl enough time. Of course he will be given enough time. Will he be able to build a winner with enough time is the real question.

I, of course, think he will and recruiting JUCOs to fill gaps is a step in the right direction. Kudos to Bohl and staff!
With the exception of maybe Eddie (but Carl has more talent), every position on the team will be upgraded or improved. We will see a marked improvement this fall and we will start to see the Bohl effect!

The O line will be better (4 or 5 starters back with the 2 frosh bigger and stronger). QB will be upgraded. The receivers will be better as they all return (plus CJ Johnson is the real deal, and a new coach there). If it's possible, Hill should be better. The DB's better because of the experience of last year and transfers Gafford and Ortiz. LB's won't be worse and Wacha is already 15-20 pounds heavier.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Sounds like Nela signedImage
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Sounds like Nela signedImage
Sweet. Now let's get two more.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I don't think Lawless is going to sign. I actually liked his tape a lot and with 3 to play.Image
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 254 times

laxwyo wrote:I don't think Lawless is going to sign. I actually liked his tape a lot and with 3 to play.Image
Trying to pimp himself to CSU
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 254 times

Welcome, Nela Lolohea!