BIG XII Expansion

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Made the cut.....who cares? They aren't going to make the final cut. West Virginia is going to get a travel partner. That's one eastern team, probably Cincinnati. If the Big 12 is going to add anyone out west it's going to be BYU. There's no way in hell the Big 12 is going to 14 teams.

I'm guessing it's Cinci and BYU or Cinci and UH.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LifeItself wrote:
Wyokie wrote:According to this, the Big XII aka Big Mess is NOT interested in ANY MW schools....

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2016/8/30/ ... idate-list
Not sure what you read... This is what I read:

Big 12 And now we get to the attention hog that is the Big 12 as of late. By letting West Virginia go to the ACC, the Big 12 now sits at nine teams. That means adding BYU, Houston, Colorado State, New Mexico, Wyoming, UNLV and Memphis. How can you not be OK with any of those choices for expansion? The metros (outside of Wyoming) are all sizeable and each school is a decent fit in its own way. -
Give me a break. That article was pure fantasy and the author acknowledged it....
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Wyovanian wrote:
LifeItself wrote:
Wyokie wrote:According to this, the Big XII aka Big Mess is NOT interested in ANY MW schools....

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2016/8/30/ ... idate-list
Not sure what you read... This is what I read:

Big 12 And now we get to the attention hog that is the Big 12 as of late. By letting West Virginia go to the ACC, the Big 12 now sits at nine teams. That means adding BYU, Houston, Colorado State, New Mexico, Wyoming, UNLV and Memphis. How can you not be OK with any of those choices for expansion? The metros (outside of Wyoming) are all sizeable and each school is a decent fit in its own way. -
Give me a break. That article was pure fantasy and the author acknowledged it....
Well...poop! I was afraid you'd say that. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:WFT is going on.....
https://twitter.com/TracyRingolsby/stat ... 7614818304
Says something about the math skills of Big 12?
Which only has 10 teams...
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

LawPoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:WFT is going on.....
https://twitter.com/TracyRingolsby/stat ... 7614818304
Says something about the math skills of Big 12?
Which only has 10 teams...
Well at least the Big 12 doesn't always crow about their academic prowess like the other conference that has trouble counting...

(This coming from someone who pulls for a couple Big10 teams and is not a huge fan of the Big12)
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

There is a supernumerary problem.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Would U Texas play a huge part in the selections? Of course I'm biased in wanting Houston in the MW, but am I wrong in thinking Texas doesn't want anymore Texas schools potentially being better than them. Baylor and tcu were never "supposed to be" better than Texas. I think those 2 becoming better are a main reason why it is likely Texas moves away from both. I don't know where but I just don't think Texas would want Houston. Oklahoma sure wouldn't.
hutchenc
Buckaroo

Texas System Chancellor Bill McRaven wants to build a UT branch campus in Houston, but UH has been resistant. It's been widely rumored on the Texas boards that UT will support UH getting into the B12 in return for UH dropping its resistance to UT building a campus in Houston. So, yes, UT will likely vote for UH to join the B12.

However, none of the other Texas schools nor OU or OSU would support UH being a direct recruiting competitor in East Texas...there's so much talent in that region, no way they're going to let UH be in that backyard in their own conference. Especially after today's defeat of OU by Cougar High (which was marvelous btw!).

Having said all of that, there are a lot of rumors going around now that the B12 won't expand at all.