The Forgotten Border War- UW @ NEB

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Corey Bramlet v.2?
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

That was Bohl's job to limit that meltdown of Allen!!! Who knows what kind of effect that could have on him when a game is NOT out of reach.

I won't call out a player, but I will coaches. Can't believe they left him in and kept calling passes (I assume).
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

gopokes1399 wrote:Coming into non conference 3-1 was a big goal and is still attainable. Onto next week.
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
castlerocker
Cowpoke

At that point, put the backup QB in and let him get some live practice.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I loved it. It says your our guy no matter what we expect you to stay out there and fight through adversity.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

castlerocker wrote:At that point, put the backup QB in and let him get some live practice.
I know last year drove us all to drink a lot, but I think you've forgotten how bad Nick Smith really was.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PokeOLoco wrote:I loved it. It says your our guy no matter what we expect you to stay out there and fight through adversity.
Still, Allen was still all riled up (not in a good way), and it showed.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Josh has to control his emotions. His play nosedived when he got flustered and angry. Not a trait he'll want to continue.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:Josh has to control his emotions. His play nosedived when he got flustered and angry. Not a trait he'll want to continue.
Love his leadership and energy, but gotta channel it the right way.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Let's all blame the qb! Did any of you even watch the game? Tell me how many yards our great running back had. No one's blaming him. Could it be our O-line wasn't very good today?
I didn't see much of a running game today. I saw a qb often running for his life. Show me a 1 dimensional offense and I'll show you a qb with some bad stats. The fact is: our O-line did not provide run blocking or pass blocking to keep Nebraska on their heels. Allen and Gentry and few others made some plays but we lost the game at the line of scrimmage. Also, we missed 2 more field goals today. That's 4 in 2 games.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

bladerunnr wrote:Let's all blame the qb! Did any of you even watch the game? Tell me how many yards our great running back had. No one's blaming him. Could it be our O-line wasn't very good today?
I didn't see much of a running game today. I saw a qb often running for his life. Show me a 1 dimensional offense and I'll show you a qb with some bad stats. The fact is: our O-line did not provide run blocking or pass blocking to keep Nebraska on their heels. Allen and Gentry and few others made some plays but we lost the game at the line of scrimmage. Also, we missed 2 more field goals today. That's 4 in 2 games.
Our team was "good enough" to cover the spread through 3 quarters even with an offense that wasn't clicking.

I also wouldn't blame a freshman kicker for missing two field goals over 40 yards when he hits a shorter one and at least hits his extra points.

Also not blaming Allen - I just think he should've been yanked when the game was out of reach, rather than allow him to make more mistakes or risking him getting hurt.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I thought the OL pass blocked well. Allen had time. Run game was eaten up, who knows...maybe that was on UW, maybe Nebraska just has a good front.

I will say this: so much for Nebraska's WRs being inferior to what Wyo saw last week. They set the secondary ablaze today.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

bladerunnr wrote:Let's all blame the qb! Did any of you even watch the game? Tell me how many yards our great running back had. No one's blaming him. Could it be our O-line wasn't very good today?
We knew it would be tough sledding on the lines. The Bohl strategy is to keep it close with turnover free football. I dont fault Josh for the effort...he's a gunslinging competitor who'll learn from this. But composure and playing within the system is key to success for us.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:I thought the OL pass blocked well. Allen had time. Run game was eaten up, who knows...maybe that was on UW, maybe Nebraska just has a good front.

I will say this: so much for Nebraska's WRs being inferior to what Wyo saw last week. They set the secondary ablaze today.

Who had more time - Allen or Armstrong? Their qb had a lot more time. All I'm saying, Josh Allen was the major reason we were even in that game at the end of 3 quarters. I thought the Oline passed blocked well at times. But he was running for his life a lot.

Regarding my comment about the field goal kicking: He has to start making them or we may as well go for it on 4th down. The fact one poster gave him credit for making his extra points is laughable. Even high school kickers do that.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

bladerunnr wrote:The fact one poster gave him credit for making his extra points is laughable. Even high school kickers do that.
The guy's a true freshman, and our extra points a year ago weren't automatic. I'll take improvement wherever I can get it with this team. I'm completely fine with going for it if our field goals are 40+ yards for now.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:The fact one poster gave him credit for making his extra points is laughable. Even high school kickers do that.
The guy's a true freshman, and our extra points a year ago weren't automatic. I'll take improvement wherever I can get it with this team. I'm completely fine with going for it if our field goals are 40+ yards for now.
He'll get better. Has a strong leg and visible talent...just may have his up and downs this year.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

yopaulie wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
He'll get better. Has a strong leg and visible talent...just may have his up and downs this year.
I think that's fair. Let's also remember that Josh Allen has started just 1 more game than our freshman kicker. He needs to clean up the mistakes. But he needs some help from the running game. At times today, he looked like the best player on the field.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

That missed pass interference call completely changed the game. That was the start of the meltdown for UW. It seemed like there was a lot of panic after that.They are clearly much better than last year, but they're still working on that next step. Hopefully Allen has a short memory because that got real ugly for him. It could be a very long season if he can't overcome that performance.

Throwing deep when you're ahead 45-17 in the 4th quarter is bush league. I hope they get slaughtered all year long. They're not that great of a team so their fans will enjoy another 7-8 win season unless their division is WAY down in which case they'll get 9-10 wins and get f-word in a bowl game.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote:I'm new here, whose this"SDpokefan"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The greatest pestimistic UW poster of all time thats who! Show some respect son.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Fade-To-Black
Buckaroo

:rofl:
Jawja wrote:LOL All y'all thought you could pass on the Blackshirts.