2016-2017 Wyoming Basketball Articles/Videos/Tweets

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

There's a cool video on Wyoming basketball's facebook page. I wish I knew how to embed it.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

One more angle and a different setup of the squad:
https://twitter.com/MegSalleTV/status/7 ... 0964300800
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:There's a cool video on Wyoming basketball's facebook page. I wish I knew how to embed it.
Which video
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

STORY: Aka Gorski healthy and happy for Cowboys (WyoSports.net)

The challenge now for Aka Gorski, aside from staying injury-free, is to stay at his current weight. He has put more of an emphasis on watching what he eats, when he eats and drinking more water.

“I feel like my body is ready for the style we want to play,” Aka Gorski said. “I definitely feel I’m where I need to be to be able to contribute.”

“Jason has the green light to shoot the basketball, but Alex isn’t that far behind,” Edwards said. “If he’s open, he needs to shoot the basketball, and I’m very comfortable with that.”

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 185f2.html

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/CSTribune/status/784235565902430208 STORY: Wyoming basketball focuses in ahead of first season under Allen Edwards (Trib.com)

“There’s excitement in the sense of it’s finally here, but also excitement in the sense of I’m coming to work and I’m grinding just as hard as any head coach or any assistant in the country.”

“It’s great, being able to come out, get the new coaches, see what they kind of want from us and what practices are going to be like and the intensity we need to bring every day,” junior forward Alan Herndon said.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... c6e93.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Cowboys, Cowgirls Basketball Host Media Day (KTWOSports)

K2 Sports' Megan Salle reports from Laramie where the University of Wyoming Men's and Women's basketball teams hosted Media Day.

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Nance Jr. answers a bunch of twitter questions, a few of them about Wyoming.

https://twitter.com/Larrydn22

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Pokes Radio article on hoops....

http://pokesradio.com/

National Champions 1943.

I do.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Them boys have been eating right.
I thought the same thing. From this, and a couple of other photos, Herndon looks noticeably bigger to me. We heard about how he gained however many pounds, but you hear that type of thing every year (Cooke would have been about 250 by the time he left Laramie if he truly added all the weight we heard about). However, Herndon really does look stronger. He isn't a wide body by any means, but if he can hold his position a little better that would make a big difference defensively and on the glass.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
Them boys have been eating right.
I thought the same thing. From this, and a couple of other photos, Herndon looks noticeably bigger to me. We heard about how he gained however many pounds, but you hear that type of thing every year (Cooke would have been about 250 by the time he left Laramie if he truly added all the weight we heard about). However, Herndon really does look stronger. He isn't a wide body by any means, but if he can hold his position a little better that would make a big difference defensively and on the glass.
Does anyone know, is the strength and conditioning coordinator who turned the football team into men working with the other sports? Is this growth we see in the basketball team a result of him? Is he the football S&C coordinator or is he the University of Wyoming Athletics S&C coordinator?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Does anyone know, is the strength and conditioning coordinator who turned the football team into men working with the other sports? Is this growth we see in the basketball team a result of him? Is he the football S&C coordinator or is he the University of Wyoming Athletics S&C coordinator?
Rob Watsabaugh is the director of Strength and Conditioning for the men's basketball team. Russell Dennison is the director of sports performance at UW, working directly with the football team in addition to directing the S&C staff for all UW sports.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Does anyone know, is the strength and conditioning coordinator who turned the football team into men working with the other sports? Is this growth we see in the basketball team a result of him? Is he the football S&C coordinator or is he the University of Wyoming Athletics S&C coordinator?
Rob Watsabaugh is the director of Strength and Conditioning for the men's basketball team. Russell Dennison is the director of sports performance at UW, working directly with the football team in addition to directing the S&C staff for all UW sports.
Can we double his salary or something!?!? Keep him around