Bowl projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ ... &ocid=iehp

BYU and San Diego projected in the Poinsettia Bowl

Wyoming projects to the New Mexico Bowl

Date: Dec. 17

Tie-ins: Conference USA/Mountain West

New Mexico Bowl Projection: Western Kentucky (C-USA) vs. Wyoming (MW)
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I know a "bowl is a bowl", but I'd much rather have the Vegas or Poinsettia.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I like watching the team in New Mexico, definitely. The chance of nice weather, a decent stadium, lots of beer, and the NM folk show up and they always root for Wyoming. (And, though I wouldn't count on it, pretty cool security. In the last bowl, a 300 pound Native American lad stuffed into an XXXL uniform caught me with a flask and only marched me outside and made me pour it out, then let me back in. Not bad, considering.)

But since this season seems like a dream, I'm going to dream big.

Las Vegas.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

I'd really like to go to Vegas. So many great memories from the 2004 trip, and the chance to potentially play the fluffs, in Vegas, oh man wouldn't that be sweet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Only the New Mexico Bowl? That would be a horrible letdown.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Hack journalism. Hawaii to the Las Vegas Bowl? Yeah, okaaaaaayyyy...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:I know a "bowl is a bowl", but I'd much rather have the Vegas or Poinsettia.
I mean...kinda. I count 40 bowls, not counting the championship. 80 teams. Basically 2/3 of FBS teams are bowl teams
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Vegas is pick 1 for me

Two is any place where BYU isn't
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Wyovanian wrote:Hack journalism. Hawaii to the Las Vegas Bowl? Yeah, okaaaaaayyyy...
LOL Hawaii can only go to the Hawaii Bowl when they can't go to a NY6 bowl. But you probably knew that already. :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

New Mexico bowl would be a letdown for the season we have had so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:New Mexico bowl would be a letdown for the season we have had so far.
I agree.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

:lol: WYO fans complaining about potential bowl destinations.

Refreshing. No, really I mean that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'm not too familiar with the MWC bowl situation, so I looked it up. Is this accurate?

The Mountain West doesn’t have a true pecking order after the Las Vegas. The bowls matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

1. Las Vegas vs. Pac-12

– Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Hawai’i Bowl vs. American Athletic
– NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Conference USA (or Sun Belt if C-USA not available)
– San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia vs. BYU (or MAC if BYU not available)

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/col ... conference

So there are currently five teams that are bowl eligible. CSU has 5 wins and Hawaii has 4 wins with 3 left to play, as the most likely to join them. Nevada, UNLV and USU could maybe make it if they won out.

As the season stands today, Las Vegas will either be us or SDSU, though New Mexico could still make a run at overtaking us. I would guess that locks in Boise at their place and New Mexico at their place (if not Vegas). Us in Vegas would make it real easy for decision-makers, as SDSU would stay home for Poinsettia. Then just decide between AFA and CSU who goes to Hawaii and who goes to Tucson. Hawaii becoming bowl eligible could make things more interesting.

What do they do if there are more bowl-eligible teams than bowls with conference tie-ins?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

One of the local sports shows kept referencing the Cactus bowl as a place the Cowboys land as well. Anyone know this years tie ins doe that bowl or how that would work? I've looked but can't find anything but the location...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

although I've been to the NM bowl the past 2 times and I will if we make it there, I really think regardless I'll go to whichever bowl we get invited to!!!! afterall this comes along only so often, but maybe not now that things are going well.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I think the eligible hometown teams are going to the hometown bowls, New Mexico to New Mexico, BSU to Boise, SDSU to Poinsettia and Hawaii to Hawaii. That leaves the Las Vegas or Arizona bowl for us.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Cactus Bowl looks like a PAC/Big12 bowl. Maybe if PAC gets Washington into playoffs and doesn't have enough bowl eligible teams?
Seems like a stretch.
52-56
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Vegas loves Wyo. SDSU doesn't even attend their own homes games. If they have an option, they are choosing Wyo.

We just need to take care of business. Beat UNLV and NM, then beat SDSU in the title game. And vegas bound.

I will go wherever.
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

The MWC currently has 5 bowl eligible teams. Five teams have a chance at .500 or better with only four having a chance since three of the teams play each other.

CSU is at 5 wins but plays 3 tougher games: @ AFA, UNM, @SDSU. CSU could easily finish 5-7.

Hawaii at 4-6 has 3 games: BSU, @FSU, UMASS. In the case of Hawaii if they finish at 6-7 they are still not eligible until all 6-6 teams have been placed including 6-6 teams with 2 FCS wins. http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -5-7-teams

Nevada, USU and UNLV are all at 3-6 and IMO have very little chance of winning out. Nevada and USU play each other so that eliminates either. Nevada plays UNLV so that eliminates either UNLV will lose to Wyoming so they will be eliminated before playing Nevada.

As of week 10 there are (of 128):

48 bowl eligible teams
24 at 5 wins
19 at 4 wins
16 at 3 wins with 6 losses
2 at 2 wins with 6 losses
the rest will not finish above .500

If the MWC can get that 7th eligible team then all 6 slots will be filled. Assuming that UW, BSU or SDSU do not get to a New Year's 6 bowl there could be the possibility of taking over a spot for the B12 or P12 let alone any other conference.

I would like to see UW play in:

1. Las Vegas versus Arizona State
2. at large in Phoenix against Texas in the Cactus Bowl
3. San Diego just wish it was not BY-poo
djm19
WyoNation Addict

A rematch vs EMU in Boise.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674 ... ng-week-10

Gosh, this sucks not knowing. Plane tickets a week before the game are usually double the price. If I was betting, my guess is SD Bowl.