Bowl projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

phxpoke wrote:If we are only talking about those three cities, Tucson would be the best venue for fans. Fun bars, golf and good restaurants. close to both Mexico (Rocky Point) or Phoenix. Poke fans would have a lot of fun out here in the desert.
Definitely a fun place I'll drive to either Albuquerque or Tucson but not sure about San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

ABC Projections:

Wyo vs Miami, Oh in Boise
Wyo vs Idaho in AZ

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/bowl-proje ... d=43565817

Arizona Bowl would be on CampusInsiders/Altitude. It is literally the ONLY game not broadcast on ESPN, ABC, etc.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college ... hedule.php
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 237 times

djm19 wrote:ABC Projections:

Wyo vs Miami, Oh in Boise
Wyo vs Idaho in AZ

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/bowl-proje ... d=43565817

Arizona Bowl would be on CampusInsiders and Altitude. Doesn't even look like it would be broadcast on a decent network.
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college ... hedule.php
Bowl game in Boise...yuck

Bowl game in Tucson versus Idaho in its last year of FBS football would be interesting.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I want the exposure of ESPN. Still a lot of football to be played but do not want to be on a channel nobody knows about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 114 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote:How is there not at least 1 bowl game in Hawaii that the MWC has an affiliation with?
You mean like the Hawaii Bowl, which we DO have an affiliation with?
In its 15th year, the bowl will pit a team from Conference USA against a team from the Mountain West.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Look at that FBS Schedules link above. That AZ bowl is literally the only game not on normal TV.

I agree, lots of football to be played, but things are shaping up.

I love the idea of flying to Tucson as opposed to driving to Boise. But I would rather play MAC than Sun Belt. Unless we move the Idaho game to the KIBBIE DOME! Then I am there.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

the only thing that sucks Boise is on a Thursday nite and San Diego Wednesday, during the most expensive time of year to fly, grrrrr.......we Wyoming fans would prefer weekends of course, Tucson is a Friday nite, doable
djm19
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:the only thing that sucks Boise is on a Thursday nite and San Diego Wednesday, during the most expensive time of year to fly, grrrrr.......we Wyoming fans would prefer weekends of course, Tucson is a Friday nite, doable
If Boise manages to win the MWC title, they will head to Cotton Bowl, which leaves Vegas and SD for the Pokes.... I enjoy the speculation.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:
stymeman wrote:the only thing that sucks Boise is on a Thursday nite and San Diego Wednesday, during the most expensive time of year to fly, grrrrr.......we Wyoming fans would prefer weekends of course, Tucson is a Friday nite, doable
If Boise manages to win the MWC title, they will head to Cotton Bowl, which leaves Vegas and SD for the Pokes.... I enjoy the speculation.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only way Boise makes Cotton Bowl is if Wyoming loses again. Don't the Pokes have the tie-breaker for the title game? Another loss probably puts the Cowboys in a last option bowl.
52-56
djm19
WyoNation Addict

jessejames02 wrote:
djm19 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only way Boise makes Cotton Bowl is if Wyoming loses again. Don't the Pokes have the tie-breaker for the title game? Another loss probably puts the Cowboys in a last option bowl.
Yes. If Wyoming loses again, Boise will jump us. As for the non p5 teams, Boise is ranked highest. They "could" go to Cotton Bowl if we lose. Then they need to obviously beat SDSU in title game. After Vegas Bowl, there really is no pecking order for MWC teams. Who knows where Wyo could end up.

ABQ loves Wy... And honestly, they are great hosts. I enjoyed my time in ABQ. The Arizona Bowl vs Idaho sounds awful.

Pokes just need to win out and make this interesting.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

jessejames02 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but only way Boise makes Cotton Bowl is if Wyoming loses again. Don't the Pokes have the tie-breaker for the title game? Another loss probably puts the Cowboys in a last option bowl.
What is the rule for the Cotton Bowl. Is it the highest ranked G5 team or is it the highest ranked G5 champion?
djm19
WyoNation Addict

COS Cowboy wrote:
jessejames02 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but only way Boise makes Cotton Bowl is if Wyoming loses again. Don't the Pokes have the tie-breaker for the title game? Another loss probably puts the Cowboys in a last option bowl.
What is the rule for the Cotton Bowl. Is it the highest ranked G5 team or is it the highest ranked G5 champion?
good question
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

COS Cowboy wrote:
Champion