First time in a long time....Immediate future

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

First time in a long time that we can say the immediate future is very bright. Our O and D lines are very young. Our QB is young, we have some young emerging linebackers and the secondary is young. The pokes will compete the next few years for the conference title and I know we will win a few conference titles. Its sucks to lose and I was pissed off at the some of the play calling, but we got beat by a more talented team that showed up to play. Now Lets go kick the poop out of the cougars in San Diego. !!!
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Agree. This is the silver lining. Plus. This was a very fun and very surprising season.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

I don't think SDSU was better or more talented than us. They were definitely better last night, but we were much better than they were three weeks ago.

I think our game plan and lack of adjustments made us look bad last night.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I will take the disappointment of losing a championship game over the disappointment of a 2-10 season any year! This was no senior laden flash in the pan either, this was a young team that is only going to get better.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

We're losing three VERY good receivers, but CJ's touchdown yesterday made me pretty damn excited about his future. He completely owned 4 SDSU corners and safeties on that play. Conway will continue to improve, and I believe we have a few people redshirting that should be very talented, like Okwoli and Dumas.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

We will still be in conversation to win the MWC next year. The future is definitely bright, hopefully we can reload and continue to get better. I wasn't sold on Bohl, when he was hired, but I am all in now.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

We're definately on the upswing, but man last night stings. You just don't get many chances served up to like that. Up 10-0 in the championship game at home. We could be a much better team next year or the year after and not get to play for the championship, look at Boise St. this year, or since they joined the MW. They are a program we aspire to be and even they have I believe only one outright championship since joining the league. There's just so many things that can happen during the course of a season and you have to get some lucky bounces as well. Just a huge missed opportunity. I'm still numb.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

nashvillepoke wrote:I don't think SDSU was better or more talented than us. They were definitely better last night, but we were much better than they were three weeks ago.

I mean for perspective...we "looked bad" last night in a championship game we lost by 3. Last year "looking bad" was a whole different story. The team has come a long way
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

It's interesting how the players we lose (who played last night) all seem to be centralized to a few positions. Two MLBs, two RBs, two WRs, two Cs, and a TE and a RT. Plus our long snapper and punter.

I'm not super worried about the WRs/TE because of who we have at QB and the young talent behind them. The two RBs (Wick and FB Ellis) are both backups. We've got a good stable of OL coming in.

Honestly, I think our biggest loss might be Ethan Wood. Either him or the LB position.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 47 times

calpoke25 wrote:We're definately on the upswing, but man last night stings. You just don't get many chances served up to like that. Up 10-0 in the championship game at home. We could be a much better team next year or the year after and not get to play for the championship, look at Boise St. this year, or since they joined the MW. They are a program we aspire to be and even they have I believe only one outright championship since joining the league. There's just so many things that can happen during the course of a season and you have to get some lucky bounces as well. Just a huge missed opportunity. I'm still numb.
I agree.

Golden opportunity for our first outright title since 1988 and we blew it!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

wyokoke wrote:
nashvillepoke wrote:I don't think SDSU was better or more talented than us. They were definitely better last night, but we were much better than they were three weeks ago.

I mean for perspective...we "looked bad" last night in a championship game we lost by 3. Last year "looking bad" was a whole different story. The team has come a long way

Agree 100%,
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

COS Cowboy wrote:I will take the disappointment of losing a championship game over the disappointment of a 2-10 season any year! This was no senior laden flash in the pan either, this was a young team that is only going to get better.
+1