Statistical Analysis of Team So Far

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:14 pm Using possessions instead of minutes might give a more useful graph. You could use an average minutes per possesion multiplier to get a rough estimate of each stat you put up before to see if faster pace teams like UW fall below slower pace teams. It obviously won't be 100% accurate since you are basing it on an average pace of play across the board, but it might produce a useful graph.
DVDA you are thinking like I am. The new spreadsheet I am building produces a number of efficiency metrics that are based on a "per 100 possessions" basis as well as per minute. I hope the sheet for next season will be far more thorough and comprehensive. I am also researching usage metrics and pace of play metrics to try to further illuminate the guts of this team and of Edwards system.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

And I thought the dunk meter we had going 2 years ago was advanced... lol

I'm enjoying all this research, let's keep this thing alive!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

To finish it up, here is the final PPPMP of the season. Thanks for all the feedback on this over the last months, heres to next season and a new batch of stats!

As of 03/06
1. James 0.85
2. Dalton 0.82
3. Adams 0.7
4. Moemeka 0.63
5. Herndon 0.62
6. Naughton 0.6
7. Aka Gorski 0.52
8. Barnes 0.52
9. JMac 0.5
10. Marshall 0.5
11. Kelley 0.46
12. Lieberman 0.39
13. Averbuck 0.36

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I still wish we'd give the majority of the minutes to the leaders in this category. To me this really highlights how poor of a job Edwards has done this year. Hopefully he learns and does better next year. Just play your best players!

Thanks for doing this. I look forward to your tweaked formula next season :thumb:
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I'm eating my own words, but as much as I hate to say it, Lieberman really has been playing well of late. It looks like he, Herndon, and Adams are the only two who ended the season with a higher pppmp than when you started tracking all this. With as many minutes as has been logged over the course of the season it is difficult to make a significant improvement.

Adams is a bit of an outlier on that last statement since he has gotten so few minutes comparatively. Does Feb 9th correspond to when he was put into the starting lineup?