Defensive End Gavin Dunayski Verbally Commits

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Just watched his Hudl video, maybe he's the missing piece to our special teams puzzle to finally have a blocked punt or kick, it's been way too long. Seriously, when was the last one we had? Blocked punt for a TD vs Texas in 2009 was definitely the most memorable, but I can't remember the last one we had...
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

cali2wyo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 am Just watched his Hudl video, maybe he's the missing piece to our special teams puzzle to finally have a blocked punt or kick, it's been way too long. Seriously, when was the last one we had? Blocked punt for a TD vs Texas in 2009 was definitely the most memorable, but I can't remember the last one we had...
They blocked one in Bohl's first game as coach. While it wasn't returned for a TD, a Brian Hill did recover it.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:01 am
Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 am
Cowboy Junky wrote:I think he'll end up at defensive end. Guys that big, with footwork like his, excel at defensive end. He has long arms and knocks balls down. He gets off his run blocks well. He looks like he has the athleticism to be a menace at defensive end.

I'm just saying, he has the talent to play tight end if the coaches needed him to.

I still think he'll end up on the defensive line.
Would love to see him opposite of Granderson, talk about something no quarterback wants look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I actually would really like to see Prosser explode like Granderson did last season and have two jacked up edge rushers with great quickness.
I truly appreciate what you are saying, but Granderson is 6-5, 243 and Prosser is 6-2, 215....a wee bit of difference. Not a slight against Prosser, as he is a hell of a competitor, but It is extremely difficult for a player to be physical at the DE position when he has to meet TE's and OT's which out weigh him by sometimes anywhere from 40 to 100 pounds. Unless something miraculous has happened, Kevin Prosser has not put on a lot of weight. The guy has exception quickness, but has had difficulty in putting on weight. This is why I think you have seen the Pokes go after so many DE types in this class. Prosser will be a junior in this coming season, and the Pokes are still inexperienced behind Granderson and Lolohea, so there might not be any choice but to play Prosser at DE. However, the great unkown is how Shiloh Windsor (6-3, 224) and the three big walk-on DE's (Garrett Crall 6-5, 221 & Kendall Dickson 6-4, 229 & Jaret Falkowski 6-3, 243) have progressed in the weight program and during the offseason. If one or more of them have really exploded then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pokes move Prosser back to his natural position at LB.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 619 times
Been liked: 250 times

Potato - I always thought Prosser would make a fantastic LB.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:35 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:01 am
Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 am
Cowboy Junky wrote:I think he'll end up at defensive end. Guys that big, with footwork like his, excel at defensive end. He has long arms and knocks balls down. He gets off his run blocks well. He looks like he has the athleticism to be a menace at defensive end.

I'm just saying, he has the talent to play tight end if the coaches needed him to.

I still think he'll end up on the defensive line.
Would love to see him opposite of Granderson, talk about something no quarterback wants look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I actually would really like to see Prosser explode like Granderson did last season and have two jacked up edge rushers with great quickness.
I truly appreciate what you are saying, but Granderson is 6-5, 243 and Prosser is 6-2, 215....a wee bit of difference. Not a slight against Prosser, as he is a hell of a competitor, but It is extremely difficult for a player to be physical at the DE position when he has to meet TE's and OT's which out weigh him by sometimes anywhere from 40 to 100 pounds. Unless something miraculous has happened, Kevin Prosser has not put on a lot of weight. The guy has exception quickness, but has had difficulty in putting on weight. This is why I think you have seen the Pokes go after so many DE types in this class. Prosser will be a junior in this coming season, and the Pokes are still inexperienced behind Granderson and Lolohea, so there might not be any choice but to play Prosser at DE. However, the great unkown is how Shiloh Windsor (6-3, 224) and the three big walk-on DE's (Garrett Crall 6-5, 221 & Kendall Dickson 6-4, 229 & Jaret Falkowski 6-3, 243) have progressed in the weight program and during the offseason. If one or more of them have really exploded then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pokes move Prosser back to his natural position at LB.
A very thought out response. You bring up some points that I hadn't considered. I didnt realize Prosser was a Junior already. It will be interesting to see what happens this fall!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

We will have more options/depth at DE than we have had for several years.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I hope we get enough depth at DE to move Prosser to LB. Another name we need to remember is Trevor Meader. He played 1 year at a JC before coming here but hasn't played a down yet for us because of injuries, but the dude is freaking jacked! If he can stay healthy he could be a huge asset to our DE group
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I forgot about Meader. I hope he can stay healthy because he looks like the Rock.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:18 am I hope we get enough depth at DE to move Prosser to LB. Another name we need to remember is Trevor Meader. He played 1 year at a JC before coming here but hasn't played a down yet for us because of injuries, but the dude is freaking jacked! If he can stay healthy he could be a huge asset to our DE group
I saw of pic of him at the bowl game and my jaw hit the floor. The dude looks like he should have been in the movie 300. He is swoll for sure
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 pm
cali2wyo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:18 am I hope we get enough depth at DE to move Prosser to LB. Another name we need to remember is Trevor Meader. He played 1 year at a JC before coming here but hasn't played a down yet for us because of injuries, but the dude is freaking jacked! If he can stay healthy he could be a huge asset to our DE group
I saw of pic of him at the bowl game and my jaw hit the floor. The dude looks like he should have been in the movie 300. He is swoll for sure
I think he's been lifting his arm for like three strait years while rehabbing his legs.