Where'd everybody go?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Maybe the basketball team need a change in the strength & conditioning coach like the football team had. It made a big difference for the football team.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

My take on this everyone, and especially the media talking-heads, grumped and fussed about how Coach Shyatt's teams were boring to watch because they did not play run-and-gun ball. However, Coach Shyatt's genius was his singular focus on teaching teams not to beat themselves through discipline--especially in the area of shot selection.

Now, with Coach Shyatt gone and the team playing run-and-gun ball with a universal green light to shoot, we are watching a team lose games it should win because of sloppy, undisciplined play and poor shot selection in crunch-time.

To be sure, there are some things I really like about Coach Edwards. He has retained the emphasis on defense and he has placed much more focus on rebounding at both ends of the floor. However, I do think the discipline and focus on eliminating unforced errors on offense are gone--and that has cost us games.

My guess is that most people recognize that this team is still at least a year away and those people are prioritizing other ways to spend their time as a result.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Would you rather play like Princeton and win (boring) or play like Kentucky and win ? I'll gladly watch Princeton any day of the week! Gotta wonder how Nance, Adams and Cooke would've done with Edwards letting them play. That team could've been Elite 8 material
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 am Not much to talk about. It's like a glorified three-point shooting contest.
This is what bugs me the most this year. It was what always irritated me about Pitino's Kentucky teams back in the day too.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

WyoExpat wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:17 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 am Not much to talk about. It's like a glorified three-point shooting contest.
This is what bugs me the most this year. It was what always irritated me about Pitino's Kentucky teams back in the day too.
Except his teams could play for conference titles, conf. tourny titles, AND national titles. We can't do squat!!!!! Wake me up when we can actually win a NCAA tourney game!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:00 pm Except his teams could play for conference titles, conf. tourny titles, AND national titles. We can't do squat!!!!! Wake me up when we can actually win a NCAA tourney game!!!!!!!
So you don't care what the team plays like or what what kind of kids play for us as long as the team wins 1 NCAA tournament game? Are you also suggesting that Cowboy basketball is not worth following unless we are one of the 32 teams (out of 350+) that wins a NCAA tournament game?

Some of us cheer on the team and some of us watch for the simple reason that we love watching good basketball.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

WyoExpat wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:00 pm Except his teams could play for conference titles, conf. tourny titles, AND national titles. We can't do squat!!!!! Wake me up when we can actually win a NCAA tourney game!!!!!!!
So you don't care what the team plays like or what what kind of kids play for us as long as the team wins 1 NCAA tournament game? Are you also suggesting that Cowboy basketball is not worth following unless we are one of the 32 teams (out of 350+) that wins a NCAA tournament game?
Win at least ONE game in the Big Dance. There's no points for second best!

As Sean Connery said in the 1996 movie, "The Rock"....
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f-word the prom queen.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!