What Are Your Actual Expectations for the 2017 Season?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Oregon just suspended their top WR (Carrington) indefinitely because of a DUI and it sounds like he's left the team.

That might have an impact on our record.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Oregon just suspended their top WR (Carrington) indefinitely because of a DUI and it sounds like he's left the team.

That might have an impact on our record.
I feel like everytime we face a team that's using a backup at a skill position that backup always has some incredible game.

PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

I'm feeling that the Iowa game could be a lot like the Nebraska game last year. Barring another complete meltdown, I think that we will be in the game throughout. We will definitely need production from our skill guys outside of Josh to make this game competitive and give us a chance to win. On D, I think we should be alright given what we have coming back along with a D coordinator that won't be as predictable.

Gardner-Webb should be essentially a bye week for us to either get healthy or regain some perspective after a big win at Iowa.

Oregon will be a huge test for our D! They are not going to be the 4-8 team from last year. I think our offense will be starting to gel as a unit and the production will be apparent. The defense will be the key for us having a chance to take this one at home.

Lump Hawaii and Texas State in the same basket as Garner-Webb. If we lose either of these games, the season is done.

The road trip of @Utah State and @Boise is going to be brutal! We should get the win in Logan. The Boise game....i don't know. It will depend on how we perform against our Big10 and PAC12 opponents.

The last 5 games of the schedule UNM, CSU, @AFA, FSU, and @SJSU should be wins if we are anywhere close to the team we believe we are.

All and all, I think realistic ceiling is 10-2 stealing one from either Iowa, Oregon, or Boise. Cellar is 7-5 with losses to the previously mentioned 3 along with 2 brainfart losses against either UNM, CSU, or AFA.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

PokeTransplant wrote:I'm feeling that the Iowa game could be a lot like the Nebraska game last year. Barring another complete meltdown, I think that we will be in the game throughout. We will definitely need production from our skill guys outside of Josh to make this game competitive and give us a chance to win. On D, I think we should be alright given what we have coming back along with a D coordinator that won't be as predictable.

Gardner-Webb should be essentially a bye week for us to either get healthy or regain some perspective after a big win at Iowa.

Oregon will be a huge test for our D! They are not going to be the 4-8 team from last year. I think our offense will be starting to gel as a unit and the production will be apparent. The defense will be the key for us having a chance to take this one at home.

Lump Hawaii and Texas State in the same basket as Garner-Webb. If we lose either of these games, the season is done.

The road trip of @Utah State and @Boise is going to be brutal! We should get the win in Logan. The Boise game....i don't know. It will depend on how we perform against our Big10 and PAC12 opponents.

The last 5 games of the schedule UNM, CSU, @AFA, FSU, and @SJSU should be wins if we are anywhere close to the team we believe we are.

All and all, I think realistic ceiling is 10-2 stealing one from either Iowa, Oregon, or Boise. Cellar is 7-5 with losses to the previously mentioned 3 along with 2 brainfart losses against either UNM, CSU, or AFA.
My only reservation is feeling confident we absolutely should beat csu and New Mexico. Both teams are up and csu is predicted by many media outlets as the team to beat in the division. Bohl has not beat davie yet and really the New Mexico games are getting less competitive over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!