Wyoming vs AFA Late Kickoff

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

https://twitter.com/wyo_football/status ... 8984669185
ImageImageImageImage
kab1one
Buckaroo

The value of Coach Bohl.

Some may question his $1.4 million a year salary. Put doesn't Wyoming get paid an additional amount for each game on ESPN, FoxSports, etc?

Additionally, one more win the team is bowl eligible again. That equates to a 7 figure? benefit to the school.

It appears attendance is up.

So from a distance it appears that Coach Bohl is starting to generating positives from a financial standpoint. I am in Fargo, and during his time, Coach was in the news (positive) all the time growing the program. Which led to ticket sales, merchandising and alumni donations to the university. Is the same occurring in Larimie?

Lastly, the defense looks great and we still want to fire Vigen, so all is well on that front. Continued success.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Wyoming does not get ESPN money for this game since it's not on ESPN or ESPN2.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:35 pm Wyoming does not get ESPN money for this game since it's not on ESPN or ESPN2.
That's a thing of the past, anyway. Everyone gets the same cut (except the donks) regardless of who appears on ESPN and ESPN 2
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Foxsports? When’s the last time a MW game was televised by Fox? LOL
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Really hate how ESPN has the MWC by the throat and can dictate which scraps which teams gets. I would rather UW play on Stadium or Facebook at 2 in the afternoon than ESPNU at 8 or 815.... There is no benefit to anyone involved with this start time. Its a joke. People wanna flame Burman around here when Craig Thompson is the one who should be getting hate mail. He's worthless.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:58 pm Really hate how ESPN has the MWC by the throat and can dictate which scraps which teams gets. I would rather UW play on Stadium or Facebook at 2 in the afternoon than ESPNU at 8 or 815.... There is no benefit to anyone involved with this start time. Its a joke. People wanna flame Burman around here when Craig Thompson is the one who should be getting hate mail. He's worthless.
yup. and when you consider the money we get from ESPN (isn't it like ~1 million/year?) the damage to the fanbase isn't worth it. Lost atmosphere, lost butts in the seats, lost opportunities to build the fanbase, lost opportunities to actually have a good time in the stadium, infuriating TV games with endless TV timeouts... It's not worth the .5 million more that we make (WAG) from having TV games than telling them to take a hike.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:31 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:58 pm Really hate how ESPN has the MWC by the throat and can dictate which scraps which teams gets. I would rather UW play on Stadium or Facebook at 2 in the afternoon than ESPNU at 8 or 815.... There is no benefit to anyone involved with this start time. Its a joke. People wanna flame Burman around here when Craig Thompson is the one who should be getting hate mail. He's worthless.
yup. and when you consider the money we get from ESPN (isn't it like ~1 million/year?) the damage to the fanbase isn't worth it. Lost atmosphere, lost butts in the seats, lost opportunities to build the fanbase, lost opportunities to actually have a good time in the stadium, infuriating TV games with endless TV timeouts... It's not worth the .5 million more that we make (WAG) from having TV games than telling them to take a hike.
This completely. This weekend there was a TV timeout with 4 seconds left on the clock at the end of the 3rd quarter. They came back from break, ran 1 play, and went back to TV timeout. Such a crock of poop. Anyone know when the current TV deal expires and the MWC can move on to something else?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

On ESPNU again! A premium channel for most providers. Would be willing to view as a pay-per-view option - too bad Wyoming can't offer it on a GoWyo stream as such.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:26 pm On ESPNU again! A premium channel for most providers. Would be willing to view as a pay-per-view option - too bad Wyoming can't offer it on a GoWyo stream as such.
Another reason the TV sucks! Playing on a channel that no one gets is the middle of the night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:45 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:26 pm On ESPNU again! A premium channel for most providers. Would be willing to view as a pay-per-view option - too bad Wyoming can't offer it on a GoWyo stream as such.
Another reason the TV sucks! Playing on a channel that no one gets is the middle of the night.
...I get it.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Exposure is just that and the 4 letter network loves Josh, so let's enjoy him and the game while we can, who knows what next year holds btw....
kab1one
Buckaroo

Are the Cowboys on TV more often now then prior to Coach Bohl? Like I said I am following from afar and it seems like you are on TV every week, whereas other MWC teams are not. I noted Foxsports in earlier post, I believe it was CBS Sports Network that had coverage of the game I was thinking.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Sorry guys, but I have to disagree for completely selfish reasons. I love the tv situation because I get to watch them EVERY single saturday. I will admit that the Facebook coverage is pretty great in terms of keeping games at the premium afternoon time frame. But I absolutely love being able to watch them every weekend. I live in Iowa and I work saturdays, so I can't get back to laramie except maybe 1 game. I get what you are all saying and I agree in some ways, but night games create a pretty awesome atmosphere, and if we keep winning, I think it will only get better. The boyzee state game last year is one of my most favorite games of all time. It is on my dvr and will be for forever. unless my wife deletes it because she needs to make room for one of her hallmark movies. but night games in laramie at the WAR is a pretty amazing atmosphere and the stadium looks amazing at night on TV. I can't help but think that it really helps with recruiting too. There are only so many games on national TV at night and any recruit that is considering Wyoming is DEFINITELY watching the game. just my 2 cents