CFP Teams

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Completely and utterly against Alabama being in the playoff. If you cannot win your damn conference, you cannot play for the national title. Who cares if Ohio State loses to Clemson again, they won their conference!

What are everyone else's thoughts?
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

CFB bowls and this natty format are one of the biggest con jobs in history. They're one of the 5-10 teams that have a shot at the beginning of the year and they'll continue to get that shot. I agree on the conf champ take, but they are realistically one of the 4 best teams. Until they give every conf champ a shot, it's all poop. I won't be watching.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

aranderson wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 am Completely and utterly against Alabama being in the playoff. If you cannot win your damn conference, you cannot play for the national title. Who cares if Ohio State loses to Clemson again, they won their conference!

Ohio State got boat-raced by a mediocre Iowa team and lost at home. 'Bama lost a rivalry game on the road. I'd call it a no-brainer.

Now, you could make an argument for Wisconsin, but it's hard to say Ohio State deserves it over 'Bama.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
aranderson
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:54 am
aranderson wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 am Completely and utterly against Alabama being in the playoff. If you cannot win your damn conference, you cannot play for the national title. Who cares if Ohio State loses to Clemson again, they won their conference!

Ohio State got boat-raced by a mediocre Iowa team and lost at home. 'Bama lost a rivalry game on the road. I'd call it a no-brainer.

Now, you could make an argument for Wisconsin, but it's hard to say Ohio State deserves it over 'Bama.
I'm not talking about deserving it tho, I'm talking about them having to be a conference champion. They have to expand to a minimum of 12 teams to make it right. That way you get your 5 P5 champions, 2 G5 champs and the rest can be the best of the rest. That's just my take.
aranderson
Cowpoke

Plus your top 4 get a bye the first go round.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

aranderson wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:39 am
Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:54 am

I'm not talking about deserving it tho, I'm talking about them having to be a conference champion. They have to expand to a minimum of 12 teams to make it right. That way you get your 5 P5 champions, 2 G5 champs and the rest can be the best of the rest. That's just my take.
Perfect world would be a 16 team format. And Alabama would still be in if that was the case.

If your argument is that the current format sucks, you won't get one from me. If the argument is that, under the current format, someone other than the four teams selected should be in there, then I'd have to say they got it right.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

all the conference chapions with the addition of the top Greater 5 team by vote and two at large selections by committee.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!