Evaluating our TD production vs. Winning teams

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

We scored 3 total combined TD's vs. D1 teams with a winning record this year.

They were accomplished like this.

1 on Special Teams (blocked punt) in a loss to Texas.

1 on Defense in a loss to TCU.

1 on a trick play in a loss to Utah.

THATS IT!

Not being able to run in 1 TD or throw a regular pass for a TD vs. a winning team all year long has to be disheartening!! IT HAS TO BE!

Fresno State better watch out!! :popcorn:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 242 times

Your little man syndrome has to be disheartening!! IT HAS TO BE!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I'm so terrified of Fresno St.'s defense!!!! HOLY COW They sure know how to play defense in the WAC. The same Fresno St. defense who gave up 62 points to NEVADA! The same NEVADA, that CSU manhandled!

I fear we may not gain one first down against this powerhouse team!!!!

East_Fagcorn you admire Fresno St. and want Wyoming to be like them, you have stated this, yet you wonder what is going to happen to Joe Glenn's "Powerhouse" defense under DC?

Once again, too easy buddy ;)
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Hey look....CORN DOG! What the Heck is a Corn Dog doing on the internet?
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
TD-ACS
Buckaroo

Wyoming only scored 4 TD vs winning D1 teams last year. 1 passing vs Utah. Long run vs TCU. 1 pass and an INT return against CSewe. Wow they were such a juggernaut.

This year the Cowboys beat the teams they were better than and lost the games to teams that had superior talent. In past years they might pull off the big upset but would also drop 2 or 3 to teams that they were better than.
billings
Ranch Hand

Of course two of those teams were top 5 teams and better than anything we have played in awhile.
Wyo played 4 top 20 teams this year. It may have been one of the toughest schedules we have played in a long time.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

billings wrote:Of course two of those teams were top 5 teams and better than anything we have played in awhile.
Wyo played 4 top 20 teams this year. It may have been one of the toughest schedules we have played in a long time.
Next year we play 5.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

East_Popcorn_State wrote:We scored 3 total combined TD's vs. D1 teams with a winning record this year.

THATS IT!

Not being able to run in 1 TD or throw a regular pass for a TD vs. a winning team all year long has to be disheartening!! IT HAS TO BE!

Good thing weren't picked to finish last in the conference this year. Good thing our true fresh QB sucks. Good thing not all all of us tuned out at halftime vs. SDSU.

You are a truly poop fan. You HATE WY yet you keep posting stupid poop.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
East_Popcorn_State
Buckaroo

Subcanis wrote:
East_Popcorn_State wrote:We scored 3 total combined TD's vs. D1 teams with a winning record this year.

THATS IT!

Good thing weren't picked to finish last in the conference this year. Good thing our true fresh QB sucks. Good thing not all all of us tuned out at halftime vs. SDSU.

You are a truly s##tty fan. You HATE WY yet you keep posting stupid s##t.
If posting facts is considered "stupid poop" then you need to take the brown glasses off.

That my friends is the bottom line. If you have a problem with facts, then you have a problem. I know you are angry and upset and saddened and disheartened by the facts posted, but this is no excuse to take out your anger on the messenger who brings you the facts. After all, the messenger is only bringing you facts. :coffee: Do facts bother you that much? :brick:
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Here's another couple of facts for you Popcorn...

We WON 6 games! AND we're going bowling!

I don't care who they were against, we won the games that the previous staff would have found a way to lose. No matter how you spin it, that bowl game is a good thing for this young team and coaching staff.

GO POKES!
Last edited by wellpoke on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

There is nothing wrong with facts. There is also nothing wrong with wearing brown and gold glasses! I still don't know why I am bothering responding, but unless you are a complete idiot you should be able to figure out that people don't think you are ass because you post facts, its because you only post negativity and then try to pass yourself off as a legit pokes fan.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

More facts: We scored 29 points or better against every team that finished below us except in our rivalry game. Many of those games the other team was favored. 3 of those 4 teams we lost to last year, including not scoring touchdowns last year against some of them. We went from 1 conference win to 4. We went from 4 wins to 6 with a tougher schedule.

We may not have scored offensive touchdowns in the games against the top teams in the league, but last year we had similiar results against the top teams, and then still couldn't score against the bottom teams. This year we scored and beat the bottom teams which is lots of improvement over the last few years.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 117 times

Corn dogs are delicious. Dip them in nacho cheese for extra deliciousness!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote:

THATS IT!

You are a truly s##tty fan. You HATE WY yet you keep posting stupid s##t.
She/he is not a fan, but a troll looking to stir crap, plain and simple. Wish she/he would come out of the closet and tell who her/his favorite team is so we could nitpick them on her/his fan board, but it doesn't have the mangina to do so.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

You act as though the Offense didn't get within 50 yards of the endzone against any winning teams. I'll buy that for the Texas game, but we were able to sustain drives against everyone else. Pretty sure we had at least one drive that started beyond the 50 and got within 10 yards of the endzone against everyone else, BYU and TCU included. We just couldn't quite punch it in. We either settled for field goals or went for it on 4th down and didn't get in, but it's not like we weren't even close.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Fullback41 wrote: She/he is not a fan, but a troll looking to stir crap, plain and simple. Wish she/he would come out of the closet and tell who her/his favorite team is so we could nitpick them on her/his fan board, but it doesn't have the mangina to do so.
Come to think of it, she/he doesn't have any reproductive organs at all. Trolls don't have boy or girls parts, they just form out of sewage. HA
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

People can cherry pick statistics however they want, which is what EPS is doing. Yes, UW scored only one offensive TD against teams with winning records this season. Considering two of those teams were ranked in the top four in the country and two others were ranked in the top 25, while not the performance you would wish for your team, I can understand it. Especially with a freshman QB. What does matter to me is that we scored against teams that we are better than (except CU, ASC's first game with a majority of time under center), we closed the gap on some schools and surpassed others. This year, we won the games we were supposed to. Bottom line we are a better team than last season. We have underclassman that are contributing and getting valuable experience, and if we're lucky, some of the recruits UW signs in the next couple years are even better than the freshmen we have now. As long as the team's showing improvement, I'm happy. That happened this year, while that wasn't the case the past 2-3 years. Coach Christensen has done more for this team in the past 12 months than the previous administration did in the past two for sure, and possibly, three years. If people like EPS still want to bag on this team, I say go ahead. I don't really care. What I do care about is that this team is winning games that it didn't last year. As for Joe Glenn, I think he's a great guy and was a great fit for UW, however, you also have to wonder why many of Glenn's staff are currently out of coaching.