It sure seems

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:17 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:41 am
Cowduck wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:44 pm Seems relevant to this discussion and I haven’t seen it posted here:

https://gazette.com/sports/paul-klee-ri ... 4e055.html

It’s possible Linder really values the quality of life in Laramie and that he would be happy staying long term. Not a lot of jobs would offer easy access to fishing the North Platte. We shouldn’t assume that we can lowball him just because Wyoming suits his lifestyle goals, but we also shouldn’t assume it’s a foregone conclusion that he’ll bounce to some mid-level P5 job the first chance he gets.
Hell, if Linder likes to fish that much I can take him to some places that’ll blow his mind. Linder! Seriously. Look me up!
I agree.

It sounds like we should arrange for Linder and family to get a guided trip into the Winds.
If someone could hook me up wit a helicopter I'll show him the best fishing of his life and save a brutal hike at the same time.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 151 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:29 am
Cowduck wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:44 pm Seems relevant to this discussion and I haven’t seen it posted here:

It’s possible Linder really values the quality of life in Laramie and that he would be happy staying long term. Not a lot of jobs would offer easy access to fishing the North Platte. We shouldn’t assume that we can lowball him just because Wyoming suits his lifestyle goals, but we also shouldn’t assume it’s a foregone conclusion that he’ll bounce to some mid-level P5 job the first chance he gets.
Hell, if Linder likes to fish that much I can take him to some places that’ll blow his mind. Linder! Seriously. Look me up!
I agree.

It sounds like we should arrange for Linder and family to get a guided trip into the Winds.
If someone could hook me up wit a helicopter I'll show him the best fishing of his life and save a brutal hike at the same time.
What’s considered a brutal hike? I still have some game left in me.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:39 am

I agree.

I would consider a brutal hike a 2+ mile bushwhack into a deep canyon, as steep as you can possible think (the one I am thinking of specifically is after driving on poop roads for miles and miles).. OR like a ten mile backpack with a full pack and decent elevation gain. But there are places that require a strenuous hike that a 60 year old could probably do that have great rewards. Let's go fishing sometime Lax
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:55 am

I agree.

I would consider a brutal hike a 2+ mile bushwhack into a deep canyon, as steep as you can possible think (the one I am thinking of specifically is after driving on poop roads for miles and miles).. OR like a ten mile backpack with a full pack and decent elevation gain. But there are places that require a strenuous hike that a 60 year old could probably do that have great rewards. Let's go fishing sometime Lax
I’ll carry linders gear too!
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I agree.

I would consider a brutal hike a 2+ mile bushwhack into a deep canyon, as steep as you can possible think (the one I am thinking of specifically is after driving on Sh#t roads for miles and miles).. OR like a ten mile backpack with a full pack and decent elevation gain. But there are places that require a strenuous hike that a 60 year old could probably do that have great rewards. Let's go fishing sometime Lax
Outlaw cave or Middle Fork of Powder River West of Kaycee will test your mettle, always worth it tho!!!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Wyoming is a basketball school.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 50 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:02 pm

I agree.

I would consider a brutal hike a 2+ mile bushwhack into a deep canyon, as steep as you can possible think (the one I am thinking of specifically is after driving on Sh#t roads for miles and miles).. OR like a ten mile backpack with a full pack and decent elevation gain. But there are places that require a strenuous hike that a 60 year old could probably do that have great rewards. Let's go fishing sometime Lax
Outlaw cave or Middle Fork of Powder River West of Kaycee will test your mettle, always worth it tho!!!
I saw him float by while I was wading the Miracle Mile last spring.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

As much as I would like for this to be true, I looked up another school just for the heck of it to see if they have good fly fishing close to the school.

I looked up Kansas St who is located in Manhattan Kansas. Because they may be without a coach after this season and it is close to Colorado where Linder is from and could pay him 2.5 to 3 million a year if they want to.

They have supposedly a great fly fishing spot, even in winter time with trout in it that is a 15 minute drive away.

So doubt him being able to fly fish would keep him in Laramie if he can do the same thing at a P5 school and get paid 5 times more money.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

It’s already happening. Too bad. Guess we just enjoy his season, because most likely we will be back to mediocre next season or worse.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:02 pm As much as I would like for this to be true, I looked up another school just for the heck of it to see if they have good fly fishing close to the school.

I looked up Kansas St who is located in Manhattan Kansas. Because they may be without a coach after this season and it is close to Colorado where Linder is from and could pay him 2.5 to 3 million a year if they want to.

They have supposedly a great fly fishing spot, even in winter time with trout in it that is a 15 minute drive away.

So doubt him being able to fly fish would keep him in Laramie if he can do the same thing at a P5 school and get paid 5 times more money.
I do not think there is good trout fishing close to Manhattan, KS. Closest comparable to Wyoming’s premier rivers would be in Arkansas, maybe MO, but probably not. AR has a couple great rivers

There are reasons for Linder to stay at least one more year. I’m hopeful he will
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Well if he can get paid 5 times as much money the P5 school will probably buy him the best fishing trips money can buy if that is what it takes to get him there.

I would hope he would stay also but I think he will be gone after this season.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:48 pm Wyoming is a basketball school.
Yes and this truly needs to pursued more by UW and build a program and something special!!! Kinda like a mini Gonzaga, and highly doubt Linder leaves after this year!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 128 times

You should prolly take one for the team here and hike Linder up to the highest lake. Find him some golden trout.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

A bigger gig allows him to buy a summer place for fly fishing. The bigger gig is what he’s looking for, like any of us. If any of us could get a lot more $$ doing the same thing we’re doing, many would follow the money. Couldn’t blame him. Hopefully Burmans working on something B I G.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Medveds name is being mentioned as a Nebraska candidate. Whose buyout is bigger? LInders or Nikos?
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Anyone hearing any rumors on an extension for Linder?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:43 pm It’s already happening. Too bad. Guess we just enjoy his season, because most likely we will be back to mediocre next season or worse.

So because an anonymous Twitter account with 2k followers says Linder might be a candidate for other jobs means he's gone and the program is done for? Lol. This fanbase gets high off the doom and gloom sometimes.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 233 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:00 am You should prolly take one for the team here and hike Linder up to the highest lake. Find him some golden trout.
I’ll volunteer. I’ve got a special spot for goldens up in the Tayo lakes area. Not an easy hike and not much of a trail to this spot, but we could throw in an hire some outfitters to get his gear and family up there.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:01 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:00 am You should prolly take one for the team here and hike Linder up to the highest lake. Find him some golden trout.
I’ll volunteer. I’ve got a special spot for goldens up in the Tayo lakes area. Not an easy hike and not much of a trail to this spot, but we could throw in an hire some outfitters to get his gear and family up there.
Is that coming in from the Lander side then? I've been trying to figure out where to start looking for lakes to fish. Lived here my whole life and have never done the pack into the Winds for fishing.
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:57 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:43 pm It’s already happening. Too bad. Guess we just enjoy his season, because most likely we will be back to mediocre next season or worse.

So because an anonymous Twitter account with 2k followers says Linder might be a candidate for other jobs means he's gone and the program is done for? Lol. This fanbase gets high off the doom and gloom sometimes.
Don’t see where I said he is gone. Just said he is being mentioned by MULTIPLE accounts and other outlets about getting a bigger job.

Not posting any doom and gloom. Just the reality of the situation. Even Burman said the bigger schools know about him and they are trying to figure someway to keep him here. Which’s means they probably won’t be able to for more than at most one more year.

It actually helps if you follow college basketball so you know what is going on.

:thumb: