Receipts

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I was a huge doubter and had AF penciled in for a big win. I’ll own it. Happy happy happy to eat crow.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I just joined the Fire Bohl bandwagon after Illinois. I still don't think we're good. Afa was missing a bunch of guys to injury and 50 of them had flu this week.

I think we'll lose just about every road game, starting this week against Byu.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:12 pm I just joined the Fire Bohl bandwagon after Illinois. I still don't think we're good. Afa was missing a bunch of guys to injury and 50 of them had flu this week.

I appreciate your posts as much as anyone on here especially pertaining to our B-Ball team. I would not be opposed to the football team stealing some of the basketball teams early season thunder which I think they will if the team that played today plays here on out. I think you are wrong in many ways. I do not think we will lose to CSU in Fort Farr, nor do I think we lose to Hawaii. Those two teams are the definition of a dumpster fire. I think we get San Jose at home as well and New Mexico on the road. They keep winning and improving there is nothing this team can't do.

I'm obviously staying guarded, but I feel better after tonight, I just feel your wrong about all road games.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 247 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:12 pm I just joined the Fire Bohl bandwagon after Illinois. I still don't think we're good. Afa was missing a bunch of guys to injury and 50 of them had flu this week.

Smh. We were missing two starters as well. What will it take for you to believe
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Man... What a game. Well... Count me among those who predicted a loss. That was one of the Bohl-iest Bohl ball wins we've had!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:25 pm

I appreciate your posts as much as anyone on here especially pertaining to our B-Ball team. I would not be opposed to the football team stealing some of the basketball teams early season thunder which I think they will if the team that played today plays here on out. I think you are wrong in many ways. I do not think we will lose to CSU in Fort Farr, nor do I think we lose to Hawaii. Those two teams are the definition of a dumpster fire. I think we get San Jose at home as well and New Mexico on the road. They keep winning and improving there is nothing this team can't do.

I'm obviously staying guarded, but I feel better after tonight, I just feel your wrong about all road games.
Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for our young team. I'm really happy that they're exceeding my expectations and giving me something to cheer for before hoops.

I just don't have faith this staff can ever win a MWC title. Tonight didn't change that.

I think we will beat CSU.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I'll own it. I still don't think Bohl is a good enough coach to win the division. I'm thrilled for the kids, and am happy to eat crow on this one.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 154 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:50 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:44 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:35 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:10 pm Saw way more say this team sucks from day 1!

I’ll own it.

I’m not on the bandwagon yet but I’ve shifted to “cautiously optimistic”.

As much Sh#t as I talk about Bohl for his antiquated style, the horrible road record, and annual WTF game, I have to give him credit for the fight his teams have.
I don’t think we’re winning the MW By any stretch but I am way more optimistic now. We should be able to beat everyone but Fresno and Boise if these teams show up. Hell, Boise isn’t unbeatable this year.
Why not?? We have as good a shot as any team. We knocked the presumptive favorites in the division
Because the mighty lobos are out there? 😂
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 130 times

Craig Bohl is to Howdy Doody as Rocky Long is to Craig Bohl.

That was a pretty big win. With a down MWC, knocking off the predicted division champ sets up well for the remaining conference slate.

My position on CB hasn't changed. Let him ride out his contract. Regarding the team, my position also hasn't changed... with a down MWC, it's tough to tell. I'll revise 1 thought. Only byu is probably out of reach. Obviously AF isn't out of reach but this team may be able to stay competitive with the remaining schedule. I originally thought there would be 2 to 3 out of reach mwc games.

Great win to start conference play.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 80 times

Bohl still drives me crazy with clock management stuff. I swear the man coaches like he gets a bonus at the end of the year for every unused timeout. Line up to go for it on 4th and 1 and then take a delay of game with 3 TOs???

After seeing that I thought we were headed for another close conference loss, like so many others from 2017-2019, where we play not to lose instead of to win. Happily proven wrong. The last two drives showed what it looks like when teams actually have to guess run vs pass against us. Turns out it makes us a lot harder to stop. Credit where credit is due to Bohl, Polasek, Peasley, Swen and Co.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 115 times

Here to eat my crow. This is not the same team that got trucked in Illinois. Happy to see play action passes, screens, and passes on first down!

MW is down this year. We've got as good a chance as any to win this division. I'm cautiously optimistic going forward.

I hope the team and coaching staff know how much we hate the borg. The only thing sweeter than kicking the poop out of byu is racing across the field to grab the Bronze Boot.

To summarize: GO POKES!!! f-word you, byu!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 135 times

Sebastian Harsh, Gunner Gentry. Losing players to injury is part of football. The Pokes didn’t use that excuse. Next man up and they’ve been winning. Easton Gibbs lost 12 lbs in 24 hours and was running a 103 degree temp, and played an excellent game. The injury/illness excuse happens to every team. You deal with it. Wyoming is legit. Give them some credit. Let’s get on board.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 238 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:55 am

Sebastian Harsh, Gunner Gentry. Losing players to injury is part of football. The Pokes didn’t use that excuse. Next man up and they’ve been winning. Easton Gibbs lost 12 lbs in 24 hours and was running a 103 degree temp, and played an excellent game. The injury/illness excuse happens to every team. You deal with it. Wyoming is legit. Give them some credit. Let’s get on board.
Absolutely. Plus word is that the WAR has really good super nachos.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 135 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:33 am

Absolutely. Plus word is that the WAR has really good super nachos.
Hehe, indeed!! That’s funny 😁
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I still support. I took my family to a game already.

The MWC is terrible this year and I still don't think we can win the league.

Usually I don't voice negativity, but after nine seasons of .500 football and zero titles, I expect .500 football with zero titles.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'll eat a little crow here too. I had us penciled in for 4-8. Did not think we'd get through AFA, and yet here we are. This team is tough as nails and resilient. I really had questions after Illinois. To use a little coachspeak this week though, with a young team it's all about the improvement from week to week. It's clear that this team is coming together.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 247 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:05 am

Usually I don't voice negativity, but after nine seasons of .500 football and zero titles, I expect .500 football with zero titles.
Hell of a season to be negative! We actually have a good shot this year smh
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:31 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:05 am

Hell of a season to be negative! We actually have a good shot this year smh
We'll see how this works. I've tried either being supportive or not saying anything at all for the last nine years. Maybe me being negative is all we need to switch the bad cosmic mojo and win the league.

I'll still go to games and watch all of them on t.v. I just don't expect anything other than 7-5 and a Potato Bowl appearance.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 123 times

marcuswyo wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:51 pm Let’s get the list of muppets on here who thought this team would suck!

Hope you all can f-word off!
I am your man, although not a "muppet" (WTF is that anyway).

WYO rose to the occasion, and of course it helped they were without a few of their speedy arrogant RB's, no?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 123 times

Hotkarl wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:00 pm Bunch of pouty old men happy tonight. f-word pokes. Hell yea. Suck it zoomies. These were the same poop who ran Tiller off. Lets go Bohl

Wyo until I die
LOL. Ok.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...