Interesting ESPN coaching article

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

From ESPN
https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... candidates
COACHES and COORDINATORS generating Interest

"UNLV coach Barry Odom: UNLV's firing of Marcus Arroyo despite a three-win improvement came as a bit of a surprise, but Odom has looked like a strong replacement so far. The former Missouri coach has the Rebels at 4-1, and the offense has reached 40 points in three straight games for the first time in team history. It's worth noting that UNLV also started 4-1 last year before finishing 5-7, but Odom has the team positioned well as a possible Mountain West surprise contender. Odom, 46, didn't do poorly at Missouri (25-25) and certainly would be worthy of another Power 5 opportunity, maybe in the Big 12.

Wyoming coach Craig Bohl: The Cowboys aren't undefeated, but arguably no Group of 5 team has had a more impressive first half. Wyoming erased a 17-0 deficit to stun Texas Tech in overtime to open the season, entered the fourth quarter tied 10-10 at Texas, and then held off Fresno State last week in Laramie. Bohl is 65 and could wrap up his career at Wyoming, where he has been since 2014. But he also could have one big move left. Bohl has won six or more games every year since 2016, other than the COVID-shortened 2020 campaign. He's 161-89 overall as a college coach with three FCS titles at North Dakota State."
W-Y, Until I Die!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

The only way Bohl leaves for another job is if Nebraska wanted him and Tom Osborne personally begged him to take the job.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I really doubt Bohl would want to build up a new program at his age. As we have seen his particular style can take time to catch on. But if things get really wild and we mess around and end up in the NY6, his phone would be ringing off the hook.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

At this point I don't want Bohl to leave. Ask me again at the end of the season!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:42 pm At this point I don't want Bohl to leave. Ask me again at the end of the season!
The season overall better not be like the Fresno game. Great first half...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:00 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:42 pm At this point I don't want Bohl to leave. Ask me again at the end of the season!
The season overall better not be like the Fresno game. Great first half...
THIS is why I have a sense of impending doom coming.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Seeing the s- - - show the ewes have had with coaches, it’s a great case study on how difficult finding the right coach is. Not an easy task at a G5 school. I hope Bohl doesn’t leave and I don’t think he will, hoping anyway. I am a supporter of Bohl even with his stubbornness. I’ll give him credit, albeit slowly, he has shown the ability to adapt such as using the transfer portal “Waylee” is a great example. The offense has been modified this year. Overall he’s given stability to the program. We get to see former Pokes playing on Sunday, under his time here. And several of them. I just don’t think that we get a quality coach to Laramie, and if we do, he won’t stay. Just look at how many’s coordinators have moved on to bigger programs.