LCCC Flight Crew Makes CJC Look Like Pikers

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

My wife and I joined the LCCC Flight Crew this year, to support the Eagles locally. Both leading into our joining and since, I have been impressed with the work they are putting in. In my years with CJC, I only heard from the Board if my donation had not been received. I did hear from student athletes on occasion, so that is similar with Flight Crew.

I understand that CJC is established and much larger, but the personal touch and deliberate outreach are appreciated. The scripts are the same (emails, letters, hospitalities, etc.) but I would suggest that CJC needs to redouble efforts to make members feel wanted and needed or it will (already has in our case) see funding leakage to community colleges and other regional teams. Candidly, I know that my donation to LCCC athletics is much more appreciated and will have a larger impact that any funds we have ever given to CJC (or at least that is how each makes you feel)
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

I understand and share that sentiment. I or my firm have been CJC members and contributors for over 30 years. Other than the dues statement (which it seems always carries with it an implied threat to my continued seating preference) the outreach has not been there.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

doreno5 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:11 am I understand and share that sentiment. I or my firm have been CJC members and contributors for over 30 years. Other than the dues statement (which it seems always carries with it an implied threat to my continued seating preference) the outreach has not been there.
This. 100% this. I no longer care about seating preference. Other than the seats right next to the Wildcatter (which they screwed up by keeping) I don't care where I sit in the War. Our MBB is an unknown and, I would guess, I will be able to sit in the lower bowl for most games given last year's crash. Now that the leverage of that threat is gone, what does CJC have to offer? My parking pass in the Brown lot is actually better than my parents' in the Summit lot - I made it home to Cheyenne just as they were pulling into the house in Laramie after the Fresno game because the traffic flow was so God awful. So parking ain't it. Again, I'd suggest that CJC needs to change and up its customer service game. Beyond juco support, it will now contend with the collective for funds too. The same, tired campaigns (rooted in fear as doreno suggests) are not going to hold much longer.

I get it that CJC is there to raise money for scholarships and we should be all in to help support that mission, but with NIL and unrestricted free agency in the portal, the PR side of attracting money to support kids that, in all likelihood, can bolt and/or make more money in NIL than their schollie costs is not compelling. I know most won't make more than nickels in NIL, but the perception is that they are and it has to hurt groups like CJC - who hasn't had a new idea since Steer a Year - mainly because the Board and leadership have been functionally the same since Roach led it in the 80's.