Four games left

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Well here we are.

Won't spend much on whatever you call what happened in Boise on Saturday except that it was more than just a loss...it wasn't even a "give-up" game...it was just an inexplicable low energy performance even given Bohl's cruddy record on the road..anyways..on to the future.

Next game is the border war...The trend for Bohl is to have good games against CSU. It's at home but CSU is not a complete doormat. Even if they were, this game can go badly for favorites. I still think Wyoming gets the victory.

Watched the UNLV/Fresno game...I'm chalking that one up as a loss...we won't win that one and it will be ugly like the BSU game.

Here is where I'm making the prediction that the wheels come off. I think the team quits at this point. Whatever signs of life will be crushed when we drop the game against HA and then Wyoming will show that the Bohl era is over by being uncompetitive against Nevada to finish the year.

6-6 overall and 3-5 in conference play...That puts the total wins about where a lot of people on this board were predicting before the season ... bummer.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

A few years ago it felt like Bohl was going to lose his job but they beat CSU which seemed to buy him some slack. If they lose Friday, I wonder if he will feel some real heat.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

We'll beat CSU and Hawaii and lose to UNLV and Nevada. This team will lose every road game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I think we take all 4, with Friday being the toughest of course. We (not the Boise State "WE" but the Fresno State - First Half "WE") match up well against UNLV / Nevada / Hawaii.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:37 am A few years ago it felt like Bohl was going to lose his job but they beat CSU which seemed to buy him some slack. If they lose Friday, I wonder if he will feel some real heat.
Nah, the OoC slate plus the ranked Fresno win once again bought him out of feeling any heat whatsoever. He could probably drop the Border War this year in embarrassing fashion and still be fine for at least another year.

Bohl isn't going anywhere....for better and, more importantly, for worse....so long as he wants to remain here and he continues grabbing his marquee win or two each season and getting us to a bowl game.

Burman's not going to go out on a limb and force him out as long as Bohl is semi-competent and attendance, merch sales, TV ratings, etc. are all where they need to be for the program. It's infuriating, but it is what it is.

The only thing that would change that is if the CJC had a massive revolt and threatened to straight up pull the rug out from under Tom, which would be a bit extreme and I don't foresee that actually happening.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:37 am We'll beat CSU and Hawaii and lose to UNLV and Nevada. This team will lose every road game.
Any ideas why this program does not play well on the road? One of the most frustrating things is how poorly we play away from Laramie.
I'm good for 3!
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

CSU- Iffy Norvell is a good coach who makes stupid decisions at the end of games. I'd say 55-45 advantage pokes since its at home.
UNLV- I could see us coming out flat again like every Mountain West away game. Going to be a loss.
Hawaii and Nevada- No excuse to loose these two games. Wyoming's line on both sides should dominate... If we loose changes must be made.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:04 am
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:37 am We'll beat CSU and Hawaii and lose to UNLV and Nevada. This team will lose every road game.
Any ideas why this program does not play well on the road? One of the most frustrating things is how poorly we play away from Laramie.
Coaching & Processes. No other reason.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I’ll predict 3-1 with a road loss in the State of Nevada.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am I’ll predict 3-1 with a road loss in the State of Nevada.
At this point, I'd be thrilled with this outcome.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am I’ll predict 3-1 with a road loss in the State of Nevada.
I'll predict 1-3 with a road win in the State of Nevada. Wyoming will finish in typical Bohl fashion, 6-6 with a trip to the f-word Bowl that has no TV coverage in a stadium that seats 5,000 people. But hey, at least we are bowling...
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Someone needs to buy this coaching staff a big bag of weed and help them smoke it. They need to look around a bit and realize they can solve this a hell of alot easier than they are trying too.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Really don't know what to think nor which Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde team will show up on Friday. I think it'll be a typical Border War and we find a way with about 18000 fans on Friday nite, but it WON'T BE PURDY.....Then im making the trek to Vegas basically to see the Death Star/Roomba and have a holiday weekend in LV am i amped to see my Pokes, not really but I'll try to see them win on the road...the last 2 is ANYONES guess...but i forsee major frustration with this team and time will tell what happens....alls i know is 1 more season on Bohl's contract and I'm hearing he's working on a retirement house in Minnesota so he's mentally done too
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

We always have one game where we don't show up at all. We tend to play well even with losses but there's always one, usually against someone who stinks. Joser or UNM usually :lol:
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

This team is not good enough to pencil in wins and the competition isn't good enough to pencil in losses.

I'll go 2 road losses and 2 home wins.

I have a bad feeling about the sheep though.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.