Levi Stall

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

Got the start for utah state today
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:12 pm Got the start for utah state today
I was watching the spudnuts beat AF. How’s he look?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Same old. Good runner, nice deep ball, but lacking as a qb. Has a retarded new tattoo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Pretty eye popping numbers.

25 rushes, 153 yards, 3 rushing TDs
16/27 passing, 198 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:03 pm How’s he look?
I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't get MWC Offensive Player of the Week. Dude took control of the game. Stat line speaks for itself.

There were a couple times where his lack of recent playing time was obvious, but other than that...to put up those numbers while playing on a mostly bad USU team is nothing to discount.

I know a few people here like to rage at anyone who doesn't stay in Laramie for 6 years and literally sh*t brown and Gold....and subsequently look for any little thing to poke fun at if things don't go their way...but the dude's talented and I'm glad he got at least one more moment in the spotlight.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

He beat New Mexico. They freaking suck. Not the great win some of you think. Usu has a high powered offense with amazing receivers. He’s still a poor to average MWC QB. Good for him yayyyyyyy
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:29 pm He beat New Mexico. They freaking suck. Not the great win some of you think. Usu has a high powered offense with amazing receivers. He’s still a poor to average MWC QB. Good for him yayyyyyyy
NM beat Fresno.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:29 pm He beat New Mexico. They freaking suck. Not the great win some of you think. Usu has a high powered offense with amazing receivers. He’s still a poor to average MWC QB. Good for him yayyyyyyy
Not going to bag on him. He had a good game and had some really good games for us. Just not consistent enough.
W-Y, Until I Die!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:29 pm He beat New Mexico. They freaking suck.....[also, receivers hurr durr]
A) so does USU, B) UNM clowned on Fresno State, fwiw, C) Dude had 153 rush yards and 3 rushing TDs; not sure what USU's "top-tier" receiving corps has to do with that.
He’s still a poor to average MWC QB.
Based on how much he held back the vaunted, high-powered Wyoming offense? Lmao.

Literally no one is claiming he's the second coming of Kellen Moore. But the irrational hate boner y'all have for anyone that leaves Wyoming is absolutely comical at times.

Dude wasn't a great locker room fit here, he placed a significant value on his relationship at the time (something to be respected and even admired, in my mind), and literally none of us know other possible factors involved in the decision. Let it go.

I'd still take him over half the QBs in the conference and 90% of the QBs that have been on our roster over the last 6 years.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:41 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:29 pm He beat New Mexico. They freaking suck.....[also, receivers hurr durr]
A) so does USU, B) UNM clowned on Fresno State, fwiw, C) Dude had 153 rush yards and 3 rushing TDs; not sure what USU's "top-tier" receiving corps has to do with that.

Literally no one is claiming he's the second coming of Kellen Moore. But the irrational hate boner y'all have for anyone that leaves Wyoming is absolutely comical at times.

Dude wasn't a great locker room fit here, he placed a significant value on his relationship at the time (something to be respected and even admired, in my mind), and literally none of us know other possible factors involved in the decision. Let it go.

I'd still take him over half the QBs in the conference and 90% of the QBs that have been on our roster over the last 6 years.
"Irrational hate boner".... That is my new favorite line... Totally fits in this situation too.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:41 am

Prove to me he’s better than an average/poor QB. He was poor to average here and he defeated a team that just fired their coach, which does not prove he's anything better than average at best. Lol. The top tier receiving core means the degree of difficulty for a QB in that offense to put up respectable numbers is not high. Low degree of difficulty there. Yeah, he’s SO good he was third string and would have been fourth string had their other qb not transferred. You’re full of it on this one. The guy’s a beta. Plus I heard he was a poor fit in the locker room because he was unlikable. He gave up a starting D-1 qb spot to watch a girl play volleyball
cowpokeguy
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Well this is pretty interesting, forgoing his final year of eligibility to pursue SEAL training?!?
https://kslsports.com/508141/utah-state ... -training/
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

cowpokeguy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:58 pm Well this is pretty interesting, forgoing his final year of eligibility to pursue SEAL training?!?
Interesting.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

cowpokeguy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:58 pm Well this is pretty interesting, forgoing his final year of eligibility to pursue SEAL training?!?
Very noble pursuit. Good luck to him, doesn’t get much tougher than that.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Good for him. I hope he achieves his dream. Much respect for being willing to serve our country and give up all that comes with being a college quarterback.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:29 am He gave up a starting D-1 qb spot to watch a girl play volleyball
Thanks for proving my point. You've literally just got it out for the guy. You're bagging on a dude that wanted to be closer to someone he cared about, and intentionally framing it as being some poop, random decision....and slipping that in there as if it has f*ck-all to do with his talent level anyway.

He literally just came out and said that football isn't a priority in life for him (something I've said was a possibility for forever) and that it's just a game, which is part of why he's giving up his eligibility for other, more important things in life.

Just because you value football more than meaningful relationships and careers doesn't mean everyone else has to. Your hatred of the dude for your perception of the decisions he made says more about you than it does about him.

Also, "he was poor to average here"

Bruh, he was half the reason we even won games during his tenure.

With all the complaining we all do about Bohl's offenses, it cracks me up that y'all still want to blame the QBs. Ten f*cking years' worth of quarterbacks under Bohl, and the only one who was even somewhat successful was a generational talent who still didn't have great numbers while he was here and didn't improve until he left and hired an independent QB coach.

[TVW notwithstanding; that dude was awful.]
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:27 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:29 am He gave up a starting D-1 qb spot to watch a girl play volleyball
Thanks for proving my point. You've literally just got it out for the guy. You're bagging on a dude that wanted to be closer to someone he cared about, and intentionally framing it as being some poop, random decision....and slipping that in there as if it has f*ck-all to do with his talent level anyway.

He literally just came out and said that football isn't a priority in life for him (something I've said was a possibility for forever) and that it's just a game, which is part of why he's giving up his eligibility for other, more important things in life.

Just because you value football more than meaningful relationships and careers doesn't mean everyone else has to. Your hatred of the dude for your perception of the decisions he made says more about you than it does about him.

With all the complaining we all do about Bohl's offenses, it cracks me up that y'all still want to blame the QBs. Ten f*cking years' worth of quarterbacks under Bohl, and the only one who was even somewhat successful was a generational talent who still didn't have great numbers while he was here and didn't improve until he left and hired an independent QB coach.

This is too retarded to even respond to
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:00 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:27 am

Keep to the football analysis Lander....your are way off base on this one (and every other one you weigh in on crapping on transfers).

You might not like the transfer system and the way college athletics works but when you put your opinion out there, get ready to defend it. Tapping out like this is weak sauce. I have an issue with NIL $$ and easy transfers hurting Wyoming athletics but it is objectively not appropriate to lay problems that the NCAA has created at the feet of the athletes and say it's their fault. Bashing stand-up guys that make very defensible choices just smacks of "old-man get-off-my-lawn" energy.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:15 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:00 am

Keep to the football analysis Lander....your are way off base on this one (and every other one you weigh in on crapping on transfers).

You might not like the transfer system and the way college athletics works but when you put your opinion out there, get ready to defend it. Tapping out like this is weak sauce. I have an issue with NIL $$ and easy transfers hurting Wyoming athletics but it is objectively not appropriate to lay problems that the NCAA has created at the feet of the athletes and say it's their fault. Bashing stand-up guys that make very defensible choices just smacks of "old-man get-off-my-lawn" energy.
If he didn't care about football why did he keep playing for two years? He obviously cares a lot. He's not that talented and he made a poor decision by wayyyyyyyy over estimating his own talent and thinking he could have his cake and eat it too. And dam the river frames it all in the most disingenuous way possible. Too funny :rofl: Hope Levi realizes there is not transfer window in the Navy Seals. Good luck to him.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:21 am
307bball wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:15 am

If he didn't care about football why did he keep playing for two years? He obviously cares a lot. He's not that talented and he made a poor decision by wayyyyyyyy over estimating his own talent and thinking he could have his cake and eat it too. And dam the river frames it all in the most disingenuous way possible. Too funny :rofl: Hope Levi realizes there is not transfer window in the Navy Seals. Good luck to him.
Nobody is claiming he's a generational or even all-conference level talent. That is not at issue.

It's disingenuous to equate "not caring about football" to having other priorities that are higher than football. Anybody that participates in college athletics cares a great deal about their sport. It is the ridiculing him for his choices that I'm taking issue with. Almost none of the players that get bashed on by fans "deserve" it. There are some (look at the cali bball guys last year) that need to have their heads straightened but that is the exception, not the rule.

The things that have been said about Valladay, Ike, and Levi are just outrageous. I want every elite athlete to play at Wyoming and stay the entire time but I also recognize the pressures, values and goals that those individuals may have that take them elsewhere.