ACS Cleared

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Austyn Carta-Samuels is cleared to play this weekend. Despite rumors, it appears he was actually out with an injury. Good week to get ACS back.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

ImageImageImageImage
DanBoon
Buckaroo

Mr T, All due respect, but why don't we know what the injury is? Gags didn't ask--what kind of reporter doesn't ask? It's like, on this board, in the press, the idea is to just hear what we want to hear. It doesn't really matter, and I'm glad it's blown over, but I still believe something else was going on... and the fact that nobody would address what the heck the injury was is a red flag. But whatever, I guess. And closed practices now. jeeze.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Dan,

Gags and Schmoldt both asked, and both were not given an answer. Injuries, technically, shouldn't be discussed by school officials due to HIPAA laws, so it makes sense, but a lot of coaches go to the extreme and say nothing about injuries. I noted in another thread, but Bobby Hauck at UNLV is notorious for not giving -any- information out about injuries.

DC has opened practices back up.. he took a lot of backlash from a lot of people.. I saw quite a bit of vile going around Twitter about it, I can't imagine what it was like with other sources. Gag's blog today indicated he was at practice and saw ACS in action.

I think the initial reaction to close practices last week came at the heels of ACS's injury, and subsequent viral spread of ACS not traveling really angered the UW athletic dept. I think they were trying to surprise TCU. Someone leaked that ACS didn't travel, and I'm not sure where the information was made public first.. I think WyoNation was the first "media" to pick up on it, then I saw it pop-up on Twitter on Schmoldt's blog (maybe Gag's, can't remember), then I saw it pop-up on GoWyoGo, then CJC posted a quick thing on Twitter about it, and by then it was a snowball that UW couldn't control. By then, I think the three UW blogs (7220, PokePride, and Cowboy Altitude) all had something about it as well. I spent a good part of my Friday work day investigating various sources to get info. Last Friday was an incredibly interesting day to say the least.. but I know that UW couldn't have been happy that the news go out..
ImageImageImageImage
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Honestly, if I were coaching I would hold all the practices in the IPF. It would be so easy for a school to film our practices outdoors. I would keep it open to the fans & media as long as I was confident no integral info got out, but keep it indoors. I would also make people get a pass, after a background check before they got in. I mean seriously, how hard would it be for a school (especially with a bigger budget) to send someone in UW gear to all our practices?....answer not at all. Call me paranoid, but I just think it is dumb to make it easy for spies. Hell, I would even consider trying to spy on other schools if I thought I could pull it off and I thought it would help. If it works for Belicheck, who am I to question it?
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

For all that want to know...

Heard ACS suffered a mild concussion. At Texass. And then he proceeded to tough-guy it, and practiced / played with "it" the next 3 weeks...until the lights became dimmer.

Take it for what it is worth, and what you paid for it, NADA.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:Heard ACS suffered a mild concussion. At Texass.
If true, that might explain some of his lackluster play of late. Didn't seem quite as quick lately, and some of his throws seemed a bit off and without the zip he'd had before.

Course, the concussion could just be a party line... hopefully the week off - I'm assuming he didn't practice much, hence the closed practices - did him good and he'll be back in top form. We'll need it this week.

GO POKES!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Fullback41 wrote:If it works for Belicheck, who am I to question it?
zing!
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Gags was saying the he had a great practice yesterday throwing good deep balls, be nice if our line could give him enough time to look down the field a little bit.
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Fullback41 wrote:Honestly, if I were coaching I would hold all the practices in the IPF. It would be so easy for a school to film our practices outdoors. I would keep it open to the fans & media as long as I was confident no integral info got out, but keep it indoors. I would also make people get a pass, after a background check before they got in. I mean seriously, how hard would it be for a school (especially with a bigger budget) to send someone in UW gear to all our practices?....answer not at all. Call me paranoid, but I just think it is dumb to make it easy for spies. Hell, I would even consider trying to spy on other schools if I thought I could pull it off and I thought it would help. If it works for Belicheck, who am I to question it?
I live in Colorado Springs and about 12 years ago I went up to the AFA field house to get a ticket for the UW game. The football team was practicing inside the field house putting in their gameplan so I decided to watch a little of their practice. Naturally I was wearing my Poke's hat and a WYO t-shirt and after a few minutes one of the asst.coaches notice me, went over to Fisher and several other asst coaches and pointed up to me. Fisher blew his whistle and huddled up his team for a few minutes and when they resumed running play's, every thing was very generic. I started laughing to myself as those guy's must of thought I was there scouting them. After about 10 mins. I gave ole Fish a wave and took off. Thought it was pretty funny.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Thats pretty damn funny