I hate Pistol Pete and Memorial Stadium

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

mrtnt3x wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Now you know the origin of the whole steer / the deed thing.
A great movie line from Full Metal Jacket...
Agree. But for some reason, when you type ""bleep"" on WyoNation, it reappears as "the deed". :lol:

Didn't anyone here play "smear the "bleep"" in grade school, or did I just date myself?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

seems odd that a bunch of straight kids would want to tackle and wrestle someone they just deemed a the deed. and yes, we played the same game. I preferred 100, or 1000, I can't remember. The toss the ball in the air and call a number out game. Also, we played pickle or hot box.

At least, Wyoming, Oklahoma and Texas have cowboys living the life. What's with the new ole miss Bear thing? Now that's dumb.
W-Y, Until I Die!
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

I played it growing up as well, but small town rural WYO wasn't exactly PC, still isn't
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

McPeachy wrote:
mrtnt3x wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Now you know the origin of the whole steer / the deed thing.
A great movie line from Full Metal Jacket...
Agree. But for some reason, when you type "the deed" on WyoNation, it reappears as "the deed". :lol:

Didn't anyone here play "smear the the deed" in grade school, or did I just date myself?
I have word filtering turned on. :)
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:I have word filtering turned on. :)
That isn't any fun.

I just learned not all words are filtered...whoops. :D
Dear Karma,

Aaron
A Real Cowboy

smear the f-word? :winky:

I might get in trouble for that but Im dyin over here :rofl:

BTW we played 500. You could call out 100-500 and you got the points when ever you caught the pass. Good times :thumb:
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Interception was another game we played, you had a QB, WR and DB and rotated positions after each score
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
theman wrote:On a sidenote; Do we rollover for Utah this week?
NO, the Pokes will not roll over this weekend, and will pull out the W. Best game of the year will be Saturday. Write that down.
:lol: sure.... w/the 119th ranked offense?
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Rome was also built one night jackass NOBODY would have good offensive numbers going through murders row like we have, at the end of the year the stats won't be as bad, all that matters is W's we were in a very similar situation last year
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

TwoTone wrote:smear the f-word? :winky:

I might get in trouble for that but Im dyin over here :rofl:

BTW we played 500. You could call out 100-500 and you got the points when ever you caught the pass. Good times :thumb:
Played that a lot back in elementry school, and still do at family reunions with my cousins. Though we would add "dead or alive" and "mystery box" to it to make it more intresting.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

msuhunter wrote: :lol: sure.... w/the 119th ranked offense?
Hey Douchelicker, stick to your pathetic D2 junior college stats will ya? Not sure UW was ranked much higher last year offensively than this year, but finishing 7 & 6 with a bowl win, is a bit more than your Bobcat D2 Pussyassed College will ever achieve.
Dear Karma,

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:There are a couple of good mascots, imo. I like the Syracuse orange and the Stanford tree. I'm not sure the tree still exists as a mascot but it was funny watching the tree wander around the field. Maybe we should have an oil derek or wind turbine for a mascot.

I know I'm in the minority, but I miss inflatable. Watching inflatable do the worm down the football field was hilarious.
What happened to him? He was there when I was working the games back in '04 and '05, but noticed he isn't around anymore.
The Air Force mascot popped him a few years ago and the University never brought him back. UW is still using Pistol Pete as an official school mascot. He is at all the games and is still on the University's official artwork sheet.

Anyone remember when we did try to retire him and brought out that retarded looking horse mascot? I believe it was during the 2001 season. The entire stadium went quiet, and the monstrosity that UW had unveiled was never to be seen again.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:Anyone remember when we did try to retire him and brought out that retarded looking horse mascot? I believe it was during the 2001 season. The entire stadium went quiet, and the monstrosity that UW had unveiled was never to be seen again.
Besides Herpes, that was the only thing Lee Moon ever gave UW. And it lasted about 10 minutes, all to the tune of about 7 grand. I think "it" was famously nicknamed "Spooge"...

Classic Wyoming moment though. Classic.
Dear Karma,

msuhunter
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
msuhunter wrote: :lol: sure.... w/the 119th ranked offense?
Hey Douchelicker, stick to your pathetic D2 junior college stats will ya? Not sure UW was ranked much higher last year offensively than this year, but finishing 7 & 6 with a bowl win, is a bit more than your Bobcat D2 Pussyassed College will ever achieve.
Feel better now that you got that off your chest?? :lol:
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Mystery Box? That like an orgy in the dark?
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

cocowboy, that is just a clip out of Wikipedia. And it doesnt say who has the trademark. I know Wyoming used it a lot in the 60's 70's but it faded away after that. I vaguely remember some discussion about a trademark fight between UW and OSU over it, but I dont remember what the outcome was. I assumed that since it sort of disappareared that it was determined to belong to Okl st. But I dont know. But Pete isnt the offical mascot anyway, so it didnt really matter to me. And yes, I miss Inflat a Poke too. Loved it when he would jump on his head. I also miss the blimp at the basketball games that would drop prize tickets into the crowd. What happened to that?
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Anyone remember when we did try to retire him and brought out that retarded looking horse mascot? I believe it was during the 2001 season. The entire stadium went quiet, and the monstrosity that UW had unveiled was never to be seen again.
Besides Herpes, that was the only thing Lee Moon ever gave UW. And it lasted about 10 minutes, all to the tune of about 7 grand. I think "it" was famously nicknamed "Spooge"...

Classic Wyoming moment though. Classic.
wow, i had forgot about that! I remember that day. It was late 90's though, pretty sure. Everyone in the stadium just stared, you could have heard a pin drop. Hilarious!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

msuhunter wrote:Feel better now that you got that off your chest?? :lol:
A little, yes. I just wonder why you are here...this is a Wyoming Athletics message board. And although at times, you do have some decent thoughts / posts to offer, you do flame away often, and are a douchey troll.

Wyoming would kick the living poop out of the MSU Bobcats on the gridiron. We all know it, you included. Maybe that is why you are here...small man syndrome, little dick syndrom, and your man boobs got you depressed...
Dear Karma,

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

The "horse" mascot was in 2001... the student section quickly boo'ed him out of the area.
ImageImageImageImage
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
bladerunnr wrote:There are a couple of good mascots, imo. I like the Syracuse orange and the Stanford tree. I'm not sure the tree still exists as a mascot but it was funny watching the tree wander around the field. Maybe we should have an oil derek or wind turbine for a mascot.

I know I'm in the minority, but I miss inflatable. Watching inflatable do the worm down the football field was hilarious.
What happened to him? He was there when I was working the games back in '04 and '05, but noticed he isn't around anymore.
The Air Force mascot popped him a few years ago and the University never brought him back. UW is still using Pistol Pete as an official school mascot. He is at all the games and is still on the University's official artwork sheet.

Anyone remember when we did try to retire him and brought out that retarded looking horse mascot? I believe it was during the 2001 season. The entire stadium went quiet, and the monstrosity that UW had unveiled was never to be seen again.
i may or may not know who has the old inflate-a-poke suit :winky:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'