desmar jackson is the problem

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
theman
Ranch Hand

this guy is horrible. 25 percent shooter from 3, yet he insists on jacking them up at untimely times. He drives the ball and turns it over half the time. This is the type of player that you want the other team to have. He has talent, but does more harm than good. His can't care attitude is disgusting.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Defensive rebounding is worse than Desmar. How many second chance putbacks did CSU have in the first half? Seems like way too many, as the Pokes looked like the proverbial deer-in-the-headlights on defensive rebounds. Maybe Heath needs a rebounding coach
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I don't think CSU looks any better than us. They just give out the effort that we gave out to BYU every single night......oh I forgot....they have a better coach though.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

How many put backs or shots at the rim have we missed tonight? I've been hoping Gibson got more time and he did, but he blew a few at the rim and I didn't realize he was such a terrible free throw shooter.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

theman wrote:this guy is horrible. 25 percent shooter from 3, yet he insists on jacking them up at untimely times. He drives the ball and turns it over half the time. This is the type of player that you want the other team to have. He has talent, but does more harm than good. His can't care attitude is disgusting.
w/o Desmar our close wins would have been huge losses and of course out flat our losses would have been a lot worst. I understand where you are coming from but no way can this all be blamed on Desmar.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
theman wrote:this guy is horrible. 25 percent shooter from 3, yet he insists on jacking them up at untimely times. He drives the ball and turns it over half the time. This is the type of player that you want the other team to have. He has talent, but does more harm than good. His can't care attitude is disgusting.
w/o Desmar our close wins would have been huge losses and of course out flat our losses would have been a lot worst. I understand where you are coming from but no way can this all be blamed on Desmar.
That goes both ways. Without Desmar's turnover's from driving one on one and throwing up stupid shot over three guys the games would be closer as well.
The down fall of Wyo basketball can be attributed to the one guard, one on one show. History proves it. In the 90's under Joby Wright we had the "Ladrell Whitehead show". He'd average 18- 20 ppg and we lost most of the time. Then Shyatt came and brought in team basketball, focused on defense and we went 19-9. Then McClain brought in a fast paced "Run and gun" offense and we had success. Leading scorer's varied from Josh Davis to Marcus Bailey, to Amadi to Dante Richardson. Everyone was a threat. And we won games.
Then McClain decided Jay Straight was the answer and we had the "Jay Straight show". And immediately struggled. Then under McClain we had the "Brandon Ewing show". I'm not saying these players were bad. but the one on one, let's rely on one player only type play is what knocked us down.
Then under Shroyer we had the "Ewing and Jones show", still not much success...And then Shroyer tried the "Afam show" with injury and quickly became the "Desmar Jackson show" Both with no success.
In the end, when we play TEAM ball, however that is, we win. When we play one on one ball, we suck ass!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I don't disagree at all, I'm simply stating that it in fact is not solely one person/players/coaches fault but it it a combination of all of the above.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

BYU has "The Jimmer Show" and seems to be doing OK.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:BYU has "The Jimmer Show" and seems to be doing OK.
They do. And he is a stand out guy. Desmar isn't busting 27 ppg either. Plus they have Emery and Davies are both averaging 12ppg.
Desmar is only averaging 15ppg and Thiam and M'Baye are both only averaging 10ppg. Big difference.
If Desmar was a standout stud I'd say more power to him, but that doesn't work for him. Jimmer has an Amazing inside out game, Desmar? Only inside. Plus, BYU makes free throws. We don't.
theman
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote:
Desmar does more harm than good. The occasional nice move and finish down the lane does not make up for the numerous 3 point bricks he jacks up as well as the turnovers and the body language. Its not all his fault, its Schroyers fault for only bringing in guys with athletic ability, but very little basketball ability. You have to be able to shoot the rock. Jimmer Fredette is doing it alone at BYU, but he can shoot, drive under control and finish, etc.. Sad thing is, Shroyer never would've recruited a guy like Fredette. This team has a lot of potential talent, but at the end of the day, someone has to make a basket and play smart.