Wyoming Football Concept Updated

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That barbed wire is awesome! UW should look into it.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Rod wrote:That barbed wire is awesome! UW should look into it.
+1
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

wyopokes2 wrote:Here's an update with some of the suggestions. Put the barbed wire striping on the shoulder. I also added more gold in. I put in white cleats too. I'm Still working on the throwback. I'm still trying to decide on a year. Maybe a 1969 throwback complete with the never worn black armband ;) Click for full size

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImage
Nice! Looking better! Those barbed wire stripes are badass! A couple more suggestions:

How about spelling out Wyoming on the front of the jersey?
The jersey needs steamboat on it somewhere, too. Maybe above the nameplate on the back?

Once you get the design fine tuned to where you think it's perfect you really should work with the athletic department and try to get on the field. You've got a serious eye for this stuff!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

A brown helmet with a gold bucking horse is great..
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

The Brown Helmet, Brown Jersey and Brown Pants; Brown Helmet, Brown Jersey, Gold Pants; and Brown Helmet
Gold Jersey and Brown Pants are simply BADASS!!!

Hey didn't I suggest the barbwire? Look at me! Look at me!
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:The Brown Helmet, Brown Jersey and Brown Pants; Brown Helmet, Brown Jersey, Gold Pants; and Brown Helmet
Gold Jersey and Brown Pants are simply BADASS!!!

Hey didn't I suggest the barbwire? Look at me! Look at me!
That you did :) I really like the look of the brown too. I know the white helmet is tradition, but I think if anyone could pull off a secondary helmet, it would be us.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

The more brown and gold the better. I've always disliked the white helmets. I agree w/Titleist: the brown helmets w/the gold Steamboat are money. What about just contrasting color pinstripes instead of the barbed wire? I get the concept of the barbed wire and part of me likes it, but the other part of me instantly thinks of bad tattoos, meatheads, and Pam Anderson.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

I am on the bandwagon and fully agree....UW/Nike should jump on this barbwire thing.

Whatever color combo you use I think a little bigger barbwire (not too big) outlined in the 3rd color would look best, but I love what I see here.

with gold pants/jerseys/helmet, use brown to outline white barbwire.
with white pants/jerseys/helmet, use brown to outline gold barbwire.
with brown pants/jerseys/helmet, use white to outline gold barbwire.

After a second look I really like the spaced barbwire on the brown pants, they stand out better on the brown and spaced barbedwire makes sense thinking about fencing.

I would use a bigger wire with white or gold backgrounds. I think the brown helmet with a gold logo and barbedwire both outlined in white would look badass.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

If you do black jerseys, I personally like the numbers being brown with gold outline vs. gold numbers with white outline. Otherwise it starts to look too much like black and gold are the main school colors, which aren't.

I personally love the white helmet (especially on the road) and can't really see changing it, although I would maybe like to see the middle stripes come back on the helmet as opposed to just plain.

I also wouldn't really like to be changing back and forth between helmet colors. I feel like the helmet is the one piece of the uniform that stays the same no matter what the fashion is. Especially when you have as iconic a helmet as we do. Maybe 1x a year a different helmet, MAYBE.

Just my :twocents:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I think the barb wire down the helmet looks better than the pinstripes. Sometimes things look "traditional" but other times they just look "80's".
W-Y, Until I Die!
bigfatPOKE
Buckaroo

What Template did you use to make those? I love tooling around with Jerseys
rickmarhill
Buckaroo

WyoPokes2
some great ideas. you hit on one, that i dont know why they didnt wear last year. brown helmet, brown jersey, white pants - very classy looking. maybe they will wear them during the 2012 season.
great job !!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

rickmarhill wrote:WyoPokes2
some great ideas. you hit on one, that i dont know why they didnt wear last year. brown helmet, brown jersey, white pants - very classy looking. maybe they will wear them during the 2012 season.
great job !!
Thanks. I was suprised they didn't as well. I think their brown helmet with the yellow steamboat, brown jersey, and white pants would have been sharp.

I don't know if you've checked out my Wyoming uni picker site but I think it is one of our better home looks.

I also updated this concept a bit here:
http://www.cowboyunipicker.com/wyoming-concept.html
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I'ma huge fan of the specials, I really like that dark look might just be me but I like the gold numbers and striping but was never a fan of yellow mains for top/pants.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

yeah the darker yellow is definitely good!
W-Y, Until I Die!