Cowgirls win

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Beat OSU, we will probably play at CU on thursday.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Colorado on Thursday in the AA. 7pm. Cowgirls are rollin'! Announced crowd of 5000+.
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Hell of a win for the Cowgirls. They got behind a couple of times but came back and won it. :thumb:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

That environment was pretty good, BUT I know we can do better than 5,372. I hope to see close to 7,000 on Thursday. Impressive win for the Cowgirls. Oklahoma State hit some scary shots near the end, but we stayed calm and collective and Joe did a good job coaching. How about 1 more attempt at the Cougs in the Dome of Doom? :P
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Tonight win is the first one EVER against Oklahoma State in three tries. The other two games were in 1989 & in 1990.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Has Kennedy scored at all in the last three games? What gives? Is she just a great defensive player or something? Her stats aren't very impressive lately. Colorado will be tough, especially trying to match up with Brittany Spears (the player, not the entertainer).
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

http://www.newsok.com/toni-young-less-c ... tory_title

Article from the Daily Oklahoman website about the game.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

From the CU press release...seems CU Coach Linda Lappe has a lot of confidence in her staff.

"Lappe, who has played and coached there, called Wyoming "a great women's basketball environment. Their fans are going to come out. The good thing is that we have a couple of members of our coaching staff (Jonas Chatterton, Dan Doerflein, both BYU imports) that have coached against them their whole careers in the Mountain West. They know (Wyoming's) style of play, know what they do to be successful and really how to beat them."
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Spears is CU's Jimmer but a mostly inside player because of her size. Stop her, you stop the Buffs. Cal couldn't - she got 33 against them.