Odds a new coach will be announced tonight?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
billings
Ranch Hand

at halftime of the NIT Women's game?

Gowyogo reports the jet is on the way to Eugene today. Will they bring the coach in?

Kent or Dunlap?

So much drama

chuckle

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KLAR/departures
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

Unfortunately, I'd say the likelihood of announcement tonight is slim. I initially felt confident we would get something this week (tue or wed). But I am skeptical now, and I dont think that bodes well. They took a jet to Virginia, but today they took the little turbo-prop to Oregon. Not that that means anything.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Looks like the plane is on its way back to Laramie according to FlightAware...just took off 7 min ago.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

So, is someone going to go out to the airport and see who gets off?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

looks like they didn't stay as long as they planned. Scheduled departure 1:30pm PDT and they left at 11:54am PDT. Bad Omen?
W-Y, Until I Die!
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

Maybe they were in a hurry to get our new coach in the air and get him back to sign on the dotted line before he changed his mind. I mean, if they totally crapped out, you'd think they would at least stay and have lunch. I'm just trying to stay positive.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I'm pretty sure, if the plane to Oregon was to visit Dunlap, it wasn't the first visit with him and UW officials. Hopefully this was just to finalize the process, get him on the plane and announce him as UW new coach tonight. The plane was on the ground for 4 or 5 hours....plenty of time to pick him up, visit for a few, and high tail it back to Laramie.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

I would agree Jimmy that whoever was talked to today, it wasnt the first chat. Our guys wouldnt fly out there unless there was a very real chance that candidate would sign. I'm sure they felt the same way Tuesday about the Virginia trip too. We'll just have to wait and see. I was serious though about someone getting to the airport to see who gets off the plane. It should be landing any minute now.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Eric Schmoldt and Gagliardi are probably hanging out there now..
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Gags just tweeted that Burman was the only one who got off the plane.
ImageImageImageImage