Tweet from Wolf at UW

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Shyatt will keep us on the same level as HS, maybe a little higher. Watching what he did at clemson has me really concerned if it is him, I hope that's not who it is.
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

Anyone who doesn't know the history of Wyoming will be surprised?

Does Burman have another crony that he wants to hire? That's the history I want to get away from!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Haven't we been full of Shyatt before? The smell still lingers.
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

I remember the Shyatt year well. He did everything right. He engaged the students and got them involved. He coached a group of players he didn't recruit to the NIT. I happen to be one of those people who who believe Shyatt's version of the Clemson story more than Moon's. I think Moon lied to him and then held him to contract, rather than his word.

He's been with Billy Donovan and helped build a national-championship caliber team. My only question is can he resurrect a program? We've got talent and he can coach. He didn't do well at Clemson. I'm not sure why.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

He didn't do well at Clemson. I'm not sure why.
My guess is that most coaches would be able to get over the hump at Clemson or any other ACC program not named Duke or North Carolina.

I was a fan of Coach Shyatt while he was in Laramie, remained so after he left, and did not blame him for taking the job that he did. It was not just "any other job" but was the head job at the school that we brought him in from. It is like us looking for someone who understands what Wyoming Basketball was all about and can be again.