Am I alone in hoping San Diego State falls on its face

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Not sure there was ever any "serious" talk about dropping down a level in football. I remember an idiot Trustee from Jackson made some comment about it several years ago, but that was about as far as it went as far as I remember.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

That's the same trustee who wouldn't let the proposed Rochelle Athletic Center be used in connection with seating to enclose the north end of War Memorial Stadium because he didn't want the trees cut down.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

If you do some searching on this new fangled Google device there was a study done by UW on whether it would be feasible or not to drop down to 1-AA (FCS) and the result was no, it was not feasible and UW would lose a boat load of money by doing so.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:If you do some searching on this new fangled Google device there was a study done by UW on whether it would be feasible or not to drop down to 1-AA (FCS) and the result was no, it was not feasible and UW would lose a boat load of money by doing so.
A good friend of mine saud the samne thing to me a few months ago.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Brew_Poke wrote:this season? They've had one winning season in ten years, and their fans act like they're BSU or TCU. Total uberdouches.
Alone? F!ck no. I invented the "Hoping SDSU falls on their face" bandwagon back in October!!! I'm hoping and think they're bound for a shockingly bad season. Anyone who thinks Rocky Long can continue the success Brady Hoke had is smokin' some good stuff.

Boise State fans? Whatever. Multiple 10+ win seasons will do that to a fan. TCU? Same applies to them. But these a$$holes? Give me a break......
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:this season? They've had one winning season in ten years, and their fans act like they're BSU or TCU. Total uberdouches.
Alone? F!ck no. I invented the "Hoping SDSU falls on their face" bandwagon back in October!!! I'm hoping and think they're bound for a shockingly bad season. Anyone who thinks Rocky Long can continue the success Brady Hoke had is smokin' some good stuff.

Boise State fans? Whatever. Multiple 10+ win seasons will do that to a fan. TCU? Same applies to them. But these a$$holes? Give me a break......
TCU fans haven't been complete jackasses though. Happy after a big win, but who wouldn't be? Tehy've been class acts the entire time.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: TCU fans haven't been complete jackasses though. Happy after a big win, but who wouldn't be? Tehy've been class acts the entire time.
Depends where you read. On the MWC forums? They're fine. But go read Killer Frogs. Most think the MWC and its teams are like amateur football teams.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I think SDSU is in for a "Rocky" season this year. They do have a great RB coming back and that is a plus for what Long was doing offensively at UNM. Their QB is also good, but does throw a lot of int's. Plus since they will probably go to a Run power Offense Lindley's numbers will probably go down. To make their Offense pretty bad, they have no standout WR's. So no real firepower. Their line needs work also. I'm seeing 4 maybe 5 wins for them and WYO beats them!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

kansasCowboy wrote:I think SDSU is in for a "Rocky" season this year. They do have a great RB coming back and that is a plus for what Long was doing offensively at UNM. Their QB is also good, but does throw a lot of int's. Plus since they will probably go to a Run power Offense Lindley's numbers will probably go down. To make their Offense pretty bad, they have no standout WR's. So no real firepower. Their line needs work also. I'm seeing 4 maybe 5 wins for them and WYO beats them!
Yep, that stellar defense has REALLY put the hurt on Wyoming the last 2 years (total of 68 points over 2 years).
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:I think SDSU is in for a "Rocky" season this year. They do have a great RB coming back and that is a plus for what Long was doing offensively at UNM. Their QB is also good, but does throw a lot of int's. Plus since they will probably go to a Run power Offense Lindley's numbers will probably go down. To make their Offense pretty bad, they have no standout WR's. So no real firepower. Their line needs work also. I'm seeing 4 maybe 5 wins for them and WYO beats them!
Yep, that stellar defense has REALLY put the hurt on Wyoming the last 2 years (total of 68 points over 2 years).
I hope we adminster the beat down to them along with Army and Wazzu. Hell, I hope the Lobos get in on the deal.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Ball State RB MiQuale Lewis - 2008 Stats - Brady Hoke's last year with the Cardinals - 1736 rushing yards, 22 TDs
Ball State RB MiQuale Lewis - 2009 Stats - The very first season after Hoke left for SDSU, 871 Rushing Yards, 5 TDs

Hillman is a good RB, but Hoke has been known to make his short RB looks better than they actually are. I expect a step backwards from him too.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I'm routing for Cal Poly like I did a few years back, and CP won. I know I said they have a great RB coming back, but most everyone in the media tends to forget he had something like 20 carries for 27 yards against Wyo. So if we stuff their running game again, and we more than likely won't get beat over the top. So I see SDS only banking 17 points tops against us.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

They do have the best if not one of the best qbs in the league who can make it rain with or without their stud recievers. I have worries about SDSU
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

mrtnt3x wrote:They do have the best if not one of the best qbs in the league who can make it rain with or without their stud recievers. I have worries about SDSU
Lindley couldn't hold Kellen Moore's jock strap on any of the week.

2:1 TD to INT ratio. Completed 57% of his passes. And this was with two WRs who went drafted. The mastermind behind his production is gone too(Hoke). He'll likely see a decline as well this year.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote:
mrtnt3x wrote:They do have the best if not one of the best qbs in the league who can make it rain with or without their stud recievers. I have worries about SDSU

2:1 TD to INT ratio. Completed 57% of his passes. And this was with two WRs who went drafted. The mastermind behind his production is gone too(Hoke). He'll likely see a decline as well this year.
Pretty much. Kellen Moore reads defenses like no other and has crazy accuracy. Lindly has a strong arm, but it was his recievers last year that bailed out the team.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:

I will put a friendly bet on Lindley goes before Moore in the draft next year, KMO is a stud but so is Lindley you cannot take away his numbers...they are very good with a poop line and running game before Hoke got there. He will throw for 2500-3000 yards with 20-25 tds he could throw 15 picks but he is a very good PA pro style pocket passer.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Moore like Linley lost his two stud recievers so we will see, both will get drafted though
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

But this isn't about who gets drafted higher. Utah's Alex Smith got drafted 17 picks ahead of Cal's Aaron Rodgers. So Smith's better, right? Didn't think so. Moore is the much better QB. Lindley will never start a day in the NFL.

I'm just saying its likely SDSU takes a step back this year. You can't deny what losing Hoke meant to this team. I agree with your stat range though. Chances are they still go 5-7 with Lindley putting those numbers up.

Oh...and for you newbies who aren't used to Boise State. Please, never feel comforted by the players they lose. Take it from someone whose watched then closely for a decade. They just replace their veterans with even better players. Geraldo Hiwat, Kirby Moore, and Aaron Burks may end up being just as good if not better than Pettis and Young.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Rod wrote:Oh...and for you newbies who aren't used to Boise State. Please, never feel comforted by the players they lose. Take it from someone whose watched then closely for a decade. They just replace their veterans with even better players. Geraldo Hiwat, Kirby Moore, and Aaron Burks may end up being just as good if not better than Pettis and Young.
Listen to J-Rod, guys, he knows what he's talking about.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Listen to J-Rod, guys, he knows what he's talking about.
I'm just saying, I've watched Hawaii fans make excuses and build up false hopes for years. "Zarbansky's gone, they're going to suck now!" In comes Kellen Moore. "Ian Johnson's gone now, they're going to suck now!" In comes Jeremy Avery and Doug Martin. "Jerard Rabb and Vinny Perretta are gone, they're going to suck now!" In comes Austin Pettis and Titus Young". The list goes on and on.

So like I said, I'm just throwing it out there. I was one of those fans making excuses and making like BSU would go backwards because they lost crucial players. They just reload with better players. Go take a look at their last three recruiting classes. We have yet to see the Boise State Broncos play their best football.