Am I alone in hoping San Diego State falls on its face

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:Have to say, Hillman's pretty amazing... 187 yards and 4 TD's so far this game.
Definitely. Not sure the Aztecs are even respectable without him.
Lindley has a strong arm, but after so many yards, his accuracy drops dramatically. He's proving that. Sampson and Brown are what made SDSU's passing attack so dangerous.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Lindley has a strong arm, but after so many yards, his accuracy drops dramatically. He's proving that. Sampson and Brown are what made SDSU's passing attack so dangerous.
Agreed with that observation. They blitz too much for my liking too.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

J-Rod wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:Have to say, Hillman's pretty amazing... 187 yards and 4 TD's so far this game.
Definitely. Not sure the Aztecs are even respectable without him.
No kidding, without him their passing game suffers a TON as well (and as I watch this, their other RB gets dropped for a big loss).
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Way to go SDSU! Good work against one of the most overrated programs of the past 5 years in Michigan!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Just for those who don't follow the MWC Board...SDSU fans newest idea is to go Indy, form a scheduling coalition with Fresno, UNLV and SJSU, and take the rest of their sports to the Big West.

That, or ditch the Front Range schools to instead join up with CUSA teams to form a coast to coast conference.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

calpoke25 wrote:Just for those who don't follow the MWC Board...SDSU fans newest idea is to go Indy, form a scheduling coalition with Fresno, UNLV and SJSU, and take the rest of their sports to the Big West.

That, or ditch the Front Range schools to instead join up with CUSA teams to form a coast to coast conference.
Yeah, the MWC Board has degenerated into a "let's piss on our oldest friends and hope the in-crowd thinks our haircuts are now cool enough to invite us to their parties" fantasizing amongst a bunch of delusional suburban twinks who think: A) one decent season = decades of tradition and competition; B) if they get poop again at football (as expected), their basketball programs will prop up their new 'do's.

The BSU fans aren't much better. You'd think they were 'Bama under Bear Bryant in his 15th season. The reality check that will hit them sooner or later will be fun to watch.

Pathetic, really. Between the new money and idiot SDSU (and quite a few UNM) fans I've definitely curbed my participation on that board.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I have a MW board you guys can use... kinda slow, but I'm growing it. http://www.mtnwestfans.com
The Boise fans don't suck on that board! :)
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Don't ever draw conclusions of a fan base by reading the MWCBoard. Wyoming fans are just as stupid and arrogant as any other fan base on that lame excuse for a message board.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Don't ever draw conclusions of a fan base by reading the MWCBoard. Wyoming fans are just as stupid and arrogant as any other fan base on that lame excuse for a message board.
I came in here to say exactly that. There are plenty of asshats out there who loudly proclaim their allegiance to Wyoming, while embarrassing the rest of the Pokes fans.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

I think it about time to get this thread re-going or start a new one about their asshat fans whom think they are gods best thing since sliced bread...
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I agree. Unfortunately I don't know if our team has what it takes to get the job done in San Diego. I hope so.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times

It's all on our D's shoulders. Contain Hillman, cover receivers half-way decently, and Lindley will have not much of a game.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I will have a conundrum though 3 weeks later. I will be going to the BSU @ SDSU game as well. Talk about hoping for a tie where both somehow can lose.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Sometimes I feel like we Wyoming fans are a bit too sensitive about other teams. It seems like every week we are labeling opposing team's fans as having a superiority complex of some sort. At least they're not pouring in over here and trolling our boards and acting like buffoons.

It's a fan's job to be excited and confident about their team when they are doing well, and yes there is always bias (the reason why no matter what the game, the majority of the posters here predict Wyoming victories, me included). It's no surprise to me that SDSU fans are excited and that they think they will beat Wyoming at home and I certainly can't accuse them of being anything other than optimistic and hopeful fans. Let them think they're god's gift, it makes a win by Wyoming that much better if we are able to pull it off.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Sometimes I feel like we Wyoming fans are a bit too sensitive about other teams. It seems like every week we are labeling opposing team's fans as having a superiority complex of some sort. At least they're not pouring in over here and trolling our boards and acting like buffoons.

It's a fan's job to be excited and confident about their team when they are doing well, and yes there is always bias (the reason why no matter what the game, the majority of the posters here predict Wyoming victories, me included). It's no surprise to me that SDSU fans are excited and that they think they will beat Wyoming at home and I certainly can't accuse them of being anything other than optimistic and hopeful fans. Let them think they're god's gift, it makes a win by Wyoming that much better if we are able to pull it off.
This is what I don't get either. I definitely remember a few years ago when people were talking about us being the elite in the Mountain West just because we had managed to finally win a bowl game. Let the Aztecs fans be delusional for a while - they haven't had much to cheer for in a while :P
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote: At least they're not pouring in over here and trolling our boards and acting like buffoons.
Like theman haha
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

The thing that bothers me the most about SDSU is the several fans of theirs that think they are above us and don't want to be in the same conference with us.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Wasn't there a completely asinine rumor of them joining the big least or big 12?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

mrtnt3x wrote:Wasn't there a completely asinine rumor of them joining the big least or big 12?
Yeah, an "anonymous source" said that the Least had contacted them.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Completely makes sence for that West Virginia vs SDSU rivalry haha