Why not Mike Leach?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wolfTEX
Buckaroo

The pluses certainly outweighs the negatives as a football coach for WYO. Exposure, exposure, exposure!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I'm all for it.. he'd bring back some excitement to Laramie.. but I doubt we could afford the Pirate King.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:but I doubt we could afford the Pirate King.
You don't know until you try. Leach may just surprise us and take a huge paycut. He IS from Wyoming you know.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Can we at least see how DC does this year before calling for his head?
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Leach had said in an interview a year or so ago, that he was only interested in higher profile jobs to coach again. We don't make that cut, and besides, I think we're doing just fine with DC. Especially since we have Brandon as OC. I really think things are starting to look good on the football side of things once again.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

kansasCowboy wrote:Leach had said in an interview a year or so ago, that he was only interested in higher profile jobs to coach again.
He can always change his mind. Besides, that attitude of "we are good enough to be a high profile school is complete poop and is why we can't hire really good coaches. Have a more positive attitude.

Honestly, the jury is still out on CDC in my eyes.

Lack of an experienced QB and our offensive line scares the living poop outta me. If we barely (& I do mean BARELY) beat Texas State & Weber OR Heaven forbid lose to either one, this season will go into the crapper so fast it won't be funny.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:Leach had said in an interview a year or so ago, that he was only interested in higher profile jobs to coach again.
He can always change his mind. Besides, that attitude of "we are good enough to be a high profile school is complete poop and is why we can't hire really good coaches. Have a more positive attitude.

Lack of an experienced QB and our offensive line scares the living s##t outta me. If we barely (& I do mean BARELY) beat Texas State & Weber OR Heaven forbid lose to either one, this season will go into the crapper so fast it won't be funny.
And either way, we would be facing those same problems with Leach at helm.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Lack of an experienced QB and our offensive line scares the living s##t outta me. If we barely (& I do mean BARELY) beat Texas State & Weber OR Heaven forbid lose to either one, this season will go into the crapper so fast it won't be funny.
How? Leach has a lot more upside than CDC does!
snowdemon14
Buckaroo

Our team doesnt need another head coach transition right now, plus DC has not had the players he needs to run his scheme until this year and even this year it still will be tight the way he wants to run the spread. Give him a few more years to see how it pans out...we gave Glenn 4 years after he took us to a bowl, lets just see how we do this year before we even go to the thought of replacing our head coach.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

So now were giving our head coaches only two years to prove they're worth? We've sucked for 10 years, what kind of leverage do you think we have here?
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

And one way or the other, we would probably be starting a Frosh QB, have a questionable O-line, and would still be getting the players we need for his offensive scheme. Give CDC another year or two, look at Mizzou, 2 10 win seasons back to back and they started out similarly to how we did. Plus, we have an experienced OOC that was here when Roach was.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

It's probably not time for DC's head yet. Let's see how this season pans out. IMO the biggest off season positive was getting a new OC. I don't know if Arroyo was fired, quit or left because of his wife, but I'm just glad to see the knucklehead gone. Whoever QBs the team this season has a fighting chance for success now with a more experienced mentor.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

wolfTEX wrote:The pluses certainly outweighs the negatives as a football coach for WYO. Exposure, exposure, exposure!
For what?

We already have a head coach in place. UW needs to give him 4 - 5 years to prove what he can do. Since this is year 3, check back in December of 2013. The jury is still WAY out.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

A friend of mine was down in Key West and met Mike Leach AND Joe Glenn at a bar. Apparently Leach and Glenn are pretty good friends.
I'm good for 3!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

On the topic of Mike Leach, here was some of his Twitter ramblings today:
Football world is overreacting to a number of things. 1) Notion that everybody cheats. 2) The main individual at fault is always the HC...

3) Oversigning. 4) All athletes are broke. 5) Media's role as arbitrator. 6) Players don't know the difference between right & wrong...

7) The notion Coaches search for ways to cheat. 8) The notion administrators are blind to everything. 9) Notion boosters easily controlled.

Recap: These are all things I think people are overreacting to.
ImageImageImageImage
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:

Why are you telling me to have a more positive attitude? I'm just stating what the guy said. Case in point he was already coaching a top 25 team. Right? He then states that he's looking for a "HIGHER" profile job. So in conclusion in anybodies eye's, even a Cowboy Faithful it looks like WYO is a downgrade to him. Yes, he could possibly change his mind, And I would be all for it after we give DC his due tenure. But, that is if he changes his mind. So don't tell me to be more positive when I'm just informing you of what the guy you all think is so great said.