One Coach, One Rose, 2 QBs [Cowboy Altitude]

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

ImageImageImageImage
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Ugh... the bachelorette? Twilight? Really????? Can we make any more 12 year-old teeny-bopper references for our QB battle?

Ok, I'm over it. And I'm looking forward to seeing this play out. Just based on the videos posted on the site, Pittser reminds me a little bit of ACS. Looks like his first thought is to scramble, but he can actually set his feet and make a decent throw. ACS couldn't always do that.

Smith reminds me more of the prototypical QB DC seems to want. Stand in the pocket and throw, run when you have to.

Not sure who will come out on top, and I don't know at this point which one I like better. Both seem to be a step-up, and once they get past the learning curve it should be exciting to see what they can do.

Football can't get here fast enough!!

GO POKES!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I like both, and honestly, I'll go with whoever winds up on top.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

It looked to me like Smith had the better OL by far and had time to sit in the pocket and plant his feet to throw while Pittser had somebody chasing him like we have seen at UW games for the last few years. Both have very good running skills and both have very good accuracy with their passes. I have a feeling about who I think will win the starting job, but I'll keep it under my hat for now.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

fromolwyoming wrote:I like both, and honestly, I'll go with whoever winds up on top.
Twilight or the Bachelorette?
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:I like both, and honestly, I'll go with whoever winds up on top.
Twilight or the Bachelorette?
QBs. Both Twilight and the Bachelorette can suck my balls. Maybe literally for the Bachelorette. Some of those women are pretty good lookers.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Over the summer, Ive just about read every article out there, and watched every video out there (twice or more) on both qbs. Both have strengths that come out in the articles,

Smith: Character and Heart

Since Smith was a freshman in highschool, he won the job. Worked harder than anybody on the field. Kinda a Tim Tebow work ethic. High tolerance for pain. Determined. Every article, there is a mention to his heart, desire, and ability to play at a high level. His work ethic can already be seen in the fact that he graduated early and came to uw, and his results in the gym have shown as well. He will never quit. Will probably be playing the most minutes come game time. Just wish he had pittser's delivery. I love this type of quarterback. I just hope he doesn't throw interceptions, forcing something into a bad situation because of his desire to win. If he wins the starting job, the team and seniors will easily jump on his wagon, because he is maximizing his time working out.

Pittser: Arm

His actual high school tapes are worse to watch than the camp video's out there. His game film was poorly shot. U can see good "accuracy on the run" in the game film... and him running for his life. Not much has been said about his character. What has been said, is that his arm developed very quickly with proper coaching. Once he started attending camps, every one noticed how he could deliver the ball mechanically-sound better than anybody in the country. His shoulders are built like like he should have grown another two inches. Every pass he threw in camp was damn near perfect and carried a ton of velocity, but thats without pads and a pass rush. Alot of upside... i just wish more had been said about his character. Kinda nervous he could turn into a jay stoner, but i also have hope he could turn into walwork. If he gets in the game, don't be suprised... his arm is truely blessed. when he throws the ball deep they should play yohann sebastian bach over the loadsystem "Halle-le-lu-jah, hallelujah, halle-lujah, ha-lle-lujahhhhh"

I like both. whichever one can make clean decisions is good for me.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 154 times

carbonpoke wrote:Over the summer, Ive just about read every article out there, and watched every video out there (twice or more) on both qbs. Both have strengths that come out in the articles,

Smith: Character and Heart

Since Smith was a freshman in highschool, he won the job. Worked harder than anybody on the field. Kinda a Tim Tebow work ethic. High tolerance for pain. Determined. Every article, there is a mention to his heart, desire, and ability to play at a high level. His work ethic can already be seen in the fact that he graduated early and came to uw, and his results in the gym have shown as well. He will never quit. Will probably be playing the most minutes come game time. Just wish he had pittser's delivery. I love this type of quarterback. I just hope he doesn't throw interceptions, forcing something into a bad situation because of his desire to win. If he wins the starting job, the team and seniors will easily jump on his wagon, because he is maximizing his time working out.

Pittser: Arm

His actual high school tapes are worse to watch than the camp video's out there. His game film was poorly shot. U can see good "accuracy on the run" in the game film... and him running for his life. Not much has been said about his character. What has been said, is that his arm developed very quickly with proper coaching. Once he started attending camps, every one noticed how he could deliver the ball mechanically-sound better than anybody in the country. His shoulders are built like like he should have grown another two inches. Every pass he threw in camp was damn near perfect and carried a ton of velocity, but thats without pads and a pass rush. Alot of upside... i just wish more had been said about his character. Kinda nervous he could turn into a jay stoner, but i also have hope he could turn into walwork. If he gets in the game, don't be suprised... his arm is truely blessed. when he throws the ball deep they should play yohann sebastian bach over the loadsystem "Halle-le-lu-jah, hallelujah, halle-lujah, ha-lle-lujahhhhh"

I like both. whichever one can make clean decisions is good for me.
I totally agree!

I hope Pittser has the decision making to go with the arm and I hope he doesn't go Jay Cutler on us and think he can squeeze it in every time. I'm slightly worried about the receiving corp. I just hope there is someone who can get down the field for PIttser's arm.

I have a feeling that Smith will be the starting QB. He does kinda sound like a Tebow type of kid with his work ethic and drive.
W-Y, Until I Die!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Bump for perspective

Gotta love the cowboys.