Anyone going to the game in Ohio?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Am going to make the trip and am wondering if anyone else is going to be there?
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

im thinking about it, its either gonna be that one or imma drive to wyo in november against unm
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Yeah, I would love to make it back to Wyo this year but am retiring and I can't seem to find the time for it. Ohio works for dates/time available. I don't think there will be much Brown & Gold in the stands.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Well, I'm pulling the trigger and buying tickets for this shindig. If anyone else is going, PM me and maybe we can effect a link-up? Looking forward to it.

If anyone has ever tailgated there, I would sure appreciate some pointers.

Cheers
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 150 times

AfiPoke wrote:Yeah, I would love to make it back to Wyo this year but am retiring and I can't seem to find the time for it. Ohio works for dates/time available. I don't think there will be much Brown & Gold in the stands.
I thought retiring meant that you were suppose to have more time for the things you love??
W-Y, Until I Die!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:
AfiPoke wrote:Yeah, I would love to make it back to Wyo this year but am retiring and I can't seem to find the time for it. Ohio works for dates/time available. I don't think there will be much Brown & Gold in the stands.
I thought retiring meant that you were suppose to have more time for the things you love??
I think that is a vicious lie promulgated by cruise line companies and timeshare rip-off artists.

With Walter Reed shutting down, I am having a hell of a time finishing my bloody retirement physical!
Apparently, I dont have enough weight on my collar to merit my own personal physician. :tickedoff:
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

I am going, along with about 7 others. We have discussed driving over to Toledo for the Boise State v. Toledo game on Friday too.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

LawPoke wrote:I am going, along with about 7 others. We have discussed driving over to Toledo for the Boise State v. Toledo game on Friday too.
would love to kick on that game and see some GDG in the glass bowl!
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

LawPoke wrote:I am going, along with about 7 others. We have discussed driving over to Toledo for the Boise State v. Toledo game on Friday too.
I sent a PM about possible tailgate.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

I just sent a response. As I mentioned, I'll try to send my exact ticket location to you tonight.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

So AfiPoke / LawPoke...

How many Poke fans were in attendance?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

First off, Afi, thanks for the German beer. It was nice to meet you and your daughter - I certainly hope she chooses UW.

In terms of the crowd, I would guess 150-200. I am horrible at guess attendance though. Prolly 12 rows of fans (when you bunch us all together).

While it was too stressful (and certainly needlessly so at the end of the game) it was fun. We met some great BG fans and had fun at the tailgate. Doyt Perry is relatively small - but a nice venue. Went to the BSU/Toledo game on Friday at the Glass Bowl, which was pretty fun. Toledo is a hard scrabble place - but the Bong (Glass Bowl) was full and rockin' pretty good. MAN OH MAN are the BSU fans arrogant though. We went to cheer on the Broncos and the conference, but those guys are a little bit too much for me. We talked to one BSU guy and he asked which conference we were in. Once we told him that we, too, were in the MWC, he honestly asked if we flew all the way to Ohio to watch the Broncos...when we told him that we were there for the WYO game and asked if they were interested in joining us in supporting the conference at the game the next day, he looked at me like I had two heads and said something along the lines of: "hell no, I like GOOD football - I don't care about Wyoming and Bowling Green."
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Sounds about like the ones I met in Laramie last year
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Aaron wrote:Sounds about like the ones I met in Laramie last year
were they lost?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

LawPoke wrote:First off, Afi, thanks for the German beer. It was nice to meet you and your daughter - I certainly hope she chooses UW.

In terms of the crowd, I would guess 150-200. I am horrible at guess attendance though. Prolly 12 rows of fans (when you bunch us all together).

While it was too stressful (and certainly needlessly so at the end of the game) it was fun. We met some great BG fans and had fun at the tailgate. Doyt Perry is relatively small - but a nice venue. Went to the BSU/Toledo game on Friday at the Glass Bowl, which was pretty fun. Toledo is a hard scrabble place - but the Bong (Glass Bowl) was full and rockin' pretty good. MAN OH MAN are the BSU fans arrogant though. We went to cheer on the Broncos and the conference, but those guys are a little bit too much for me. We talked to one BSU guy and he asked which conference we were in. Once we told him that we, too, were in the MWC, he honestly asked if we flew all the way to Ohio to watch the Broncos...when we told him that we were there for the WYO game and asked if they were interested in joining us in supporting the conference at the game the next day, he looked at me like I had two heads and said something along the lines of: "hell no, I like GOOD football - I don't care about Wyoming and Bowling Green."
Back at you Law. I'm working on her.

We went to a nice bar after the test and there were some good fans there who weren't quite sure where WYO is located but, congratulated us all the same. Nice folks. I agree with Law on the numbers but, was very surprised at how loud we got. It was a nice day. Am now thinking I will have to bite the bullet and come back for the border war this year. Maybe drag the daughter along and take her up to Laramie for an orientation tour.