Rumor no Coach C show this year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyoirish
Ranch Hand

Comes via Bob Hammond. If true, CDC really is circling the wagons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

We better win some damn games this year is all I'm saying
W-Y, Until I Die!
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

I don't know, I can't say I blame DC for not wanting to participate in that show. I watched it faithfully every week, and nearly laughed out loud at the low-budget, uninteresting production. Maybe they're taking the time off to prepare a better show that's not an embarassment to UW. Was there any new real information passed along during the coach's show that we hadn't already read in the papers or on the Interwebs?

As long as he's winning games, I could care less if we have a coach's show or not.

GO POKES!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Considering the mix-up last year when a section aired that ended up being re-done and the cheap look to the show, I can understand wanting it done well, or not at all. It only aired on the local channels on Sunday night and it was corrected before it aired on the Mtn on Monday, but it was still quite a blunder.

I think the UW website and the CoachChristensen.com website are both well done and add to recruiting. The program should invest in putting on a high quality show that continues to impress recruits. No trade secrets need to be revealed to have a quality show that will interest the fans and attract recruits. If the rumor is true, I hope it is to get it revamped and improved rather than dumped all together. If dumped all together then I hope the media interviews are longer. Bronco Mendehall's interviews started with a long recap of the prior game, and I believe he even went over some of the highlights. Something similar to that could be done. I think somehow, we HAVE to get our highlights on the Mtn for recruiting purposes. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Oh yeah, and I can't wait to watch Fairchild look out the window during his weekly interviews again.... :)
Last edited by Fullback41 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Wyoirish
Ranch Hand

wellpoke wrote:I don't know, I can't say I blame DC for not wanting to participate in that show. I watched it faithfully every week, and nearly laughed out loud at the low-budget, uninteresting production. Maybe they're taking the time off to prepare a better show that's not an embarassment to UW. Was there any new real information passed along during the coach's show that we hadn't already read in the papers or on the Interwebs?

As long as he's winning games, I could care less if we have a coach's show or not.

GO POKES!
I guess I agree with you, Poke, but always enjoyed the player profiles and interviews. it always gave you a perspective on the guys off the field. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was embarrassing to UW but yeah, I agree the production level could definitely be due for upgrade. I'm just not sure why CDC needs to feel like he has to close the gate. I wish the overall relationship with the media and CDC would improve because ultimately, it's the fans trying to follow the team that suffer.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I was going to say, DC is quickly becoming Fort Knox with any kind of information. The media, if this report is true, will have very little access to the team and coaches. Not sure how to read that.

That said, I'm sure there's something in DCs contract that says he makes $xxxx for doing this show.. so I assume he's now forfeiting part of his salary?
ImageImageImageImage
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Wyoirish wrote:it always gave you a perspective on the guys off the field.
I see what you're saying Irish, but the entire show felt forced to me. Like everyone would just rather be doing something else. And as low-budget as it came off, particularly when aired on the mtn behind CSU and other team's coach's shows, it definitely needs an upgrade.

I guess I look at this way. To me, DC is removing distractions so his guys can focus on getting the job done (ie. winning games). I'm ok with that as long as the outcome is games won - or at the very least visible improvement on the field. I really don't see it as this draconian thing he's doing to shut out the local media.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we need to realize that DC ain't Glenn, and it's time to let him run his program his way. Hopefully that corresponds to W's.

GO POKES!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

wellpoke wrote:I don't know, I can't say I blame DC for not wanting to participate in that show. I watched it faithfully every week, and nearly laughed out loud at the low-budget, uninteresting production. Maybe they're taking the time off to prepare a better show that's not an embarassment to UW. Was there any new real information passed along during the coach's show that we hadn't already read in the papers or on the Interwebs?

GO POKES!
Amen. I would have to crank the volume just to hear sound, even then it was more static noise than anything. Then it would go to a commerical and almost blow the speakers out. I will miss the player profiles and such, though.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:

GO POKES!
Amen. I would have to crank the volume just to hear sound, even then it was more static noise than anything. Then it would go to a commerical and almost blow the speakers out. I will miss the player profiles and such, though.
+1
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Is he still going to do the radio talk show?
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I am very close to a source that had first hand knowledge of the show and its production. First the show was filmed in what I would call less than suitable facilities. The staff pushed for a better filming location but was denied. Secondly the filming time of the show was not great for all parties involved. It either took place early Sunday morning (5am) or immediately following the game. With a less than stellar season last year the shoots most of the time had a less than exciting mood. CDC also was a horrible person to deal with. He was less than friendly which made everything difficult to get done. Everyone's complaints are fair. My main guess why the show is canceled for the season is that there is no staff to film it. As of right now those positions in the department are vacant due to them moving on to better opportunities. That is one reason. The other is CDC just doesn't care to deal with the media.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Well, in my opinion, that should be a major priority on the facilities upgrade list. Agreed, it would be hard to have an upbeat show last year.....here is to hoping this year gives us reason to smile. I hope our early record gets the players, fans and recruits excited and we feed off that emotion and play to our potential down the stretch. I really think we can exceed the "experts" expectations this year, and could be a real dangerous team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we pull one or more double digit upsets this year.

I hope they get the show figured out, recruits aren't listening to the radio.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Fullback41 wrote:Well, in my opinion, that should be a major priority on the facilities upgrade list. Agreed, it would be hard to have an upbeat show last year.....here is to hoping this year gives us reason to smile. I hope our early record gets the players, fans and recruits excited and we feed off that emotion and play to our potential down the stretch. I really think we can exceed the "experts" expectations this year, and could be a real dangerous team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we pull one or more double digit upsets this year.

I hope they get the show figured out, recruits aren't listening to the radio.
Imagine how coach schroyer must have felt show in and show out. "And again" or was that Bucky's?
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

No longer a rumor, it's scrapped for football and basketball. Coaches no longer see it as a recruiting tool. They will do more appearances online through the UW website.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

MrTitleist wrote:No longer a rumor, it's scrapped for football and basketball. Coaches no longer see it as a recruiting tool. They will do more appearances online through the UW website.
I'd say with the extreme lack of quality, it probably scared some recruits away, even.