The mess that is Longhorn Network

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:http://themidnightyell.blogspot.com/201 ... ehind.html
Quite a read, here.
It's why A & M wants outta the Big XII ASAP!!!!

My gut feeling: OU and A & M will announce that both are leaving for the SEC sometime this fall. Okie State will get left behind to join the Mountain West. As long as both Okie schools play each other somehow in football every year, I really don't think too many will be upset at both going to seperate conferences.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

My Mom - who works at A&M but has ZERO interest in sports - has heard about this TV deal. Trust me, if she's heard about it, it's making BIG news around College Station. And probably Norman, Stillwater, and Lubbock to name a few.
Wyokie wrote:My gut feeling: OU and A & M will announce that both are leaving for the SEC sometime this fall. Okie State will get left behind to join the Mountain West.
I'd be ok with this and it would give both schools an automatic OOC game, but I really don't think OU goes to the SEC without OSU. I do think it would be an ideal chance for the Mountain West to pick up the Kansas school and Texas Tech, maybe Iowa (please God NOT Baylor!).

The Hair had best be on the phone right now!

GO POKES!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wellpoke wrote:
Wyokie wrote:My gut feeling: OU and A & M will announce that both are leaving for the SEC sometime this fall. Okie State will get left behind to join the Mountain West.
I'd be ok with this and it would give both schools an automatic OOC game, but I really don't think OU goes to the SEC without OSU. I do think it would be an ideal chance for the Mountain West to pick up the Kansas school and Texas Tech, maybe Iowa (please God NOT Baylor!).
I understand your feeling that the Okie schools will both go together into the SEC. But with 3 schools moving into the SEC West, that'll force a current West team to move to the Eastern Division. I honestly just don't see any of the current SEC West schools doing that!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I have actually heard a lot of talk about KU and KSU weighing options to request for MWC? just what I'm hearing, but, it has come up on some of the radio sports shows around here too. Might be a great grab for the MWC to get the Kansas schools!

And on a good note for me. i wouldn't have to get off work at 10pm and drive all night long 698 miles to get to a game! :D
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

My gut feeling: we'll get K-State but KU will end up in the Big East due to Bill Self not wanting to go into the MWC.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:I have actually heard a lot of talk about KU and KSU weighing options to request for MWC? just what I'm hearing, but, it has come up on some of the radio sports shows around here too. Might be a great grab for the MWC to get the Kansas schools!

And on a good note for me. i wouldn't have to get off work at 10pm and drive all night long 698 miles to get to a game! :D
Though, I'm not sure what my cousins in Kansas would do, they're big KSU fans. They'd be stuck between, as they live near Belleville (on a farm) which is in the North Western part of Kansas.