Schmoldt and Gagliardi live tweeting scrimmage

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

So far, Austin Woodward has been moved to Punter, Daniel Sullivan on stationary bike.
http://twitter.com/#!/rpgagliardi
http://twitter.com/#!/ericschmoldt
ImageImageImageImage
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Smith kickin ass so far 11-11 2 td's
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

zappinpoke wrote:Smith kickin ass so far 11-11 2 td's
:thumb:
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

sounds like the second TD drive started at the 45?
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Smith doing great so far which is awesome. Of course I guess we should be cautious as most of it isn't against our first team defense. Also our first team isn't playing Hendricks or Schober. Still looking great so far. Hopefully we can see this consistently and not just in one scrimmage. :thumb:

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Any of you guys at the scrimmage that can give some more feed back on how the QB's look. Does Smith look like he is comfortable and throwing strikes? His stats are obviously great but does he look like he has a strong arm? Just curious on what you guys are seeing live.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I asked Gagliardi about Smith.. he said he looks comfortable today. Pittser has two turnovers, an INT and a fumble.
ImageImageImageImage
Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

Is it to late to change to team Smith? he sounds like he is tearing it up against our Number 2 D or they're just plain terrible.. But whichever one it is to 16-16 for 2 TDS shows to me he is far ahead the other too, While i think Pittser still is the better Raw Talent i think Smith is the most mature and ready.

Another thing. Why isnt Schober and Hendricks out there?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

16 for 16 is pretty good even against the twos (our two deep is pretty deep and should all see the field this year). Leading a scoring everytime you have the ball is pretty exciting. ACS never had a scrimmage like that!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

We haven't had a QB with a scrimmage like this in a while. two things that are great to see, receivers are catching everything he throws and he must be pretty accurate. 3 td passes, but they also scored on the other two with a mix run/pass. Sutton had a big run. Pittser hasn't had any with the 1's yet, right?
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wow, Smith is just tearing it up from the sounds of it. And Pittser is having the usual growing pains. Smith ran the spread for 4 years in high school and went to the state championship 3 times. Pittser ran the Single Wing T offense where he only threw a few times a game. That difference realy seems to be showing right now.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Sounds like Smith finished with something like 16/17 and 3-4 TDs. Pittser had one TD strike.
I asked Schmoldt and Gags who they thought had the better arm, both agreed on Smith. Gags rated them Smith, Kirkegaard, Pittser.
ImageImageImageImage
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

keep in mind that Pittser was going against the #1 Defense, while Smith was going against #2 defense. However, great numbers and sounds like a great scrimmage for Smith. he understands this system and has been with us since spring.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

let's keep in mind this is Pittser's first college srum and I'm sure the speed of the game might be a bit much right now, things will start to slow down for him as he gets more reps. Really happy to see one of them step up today. Long ways to go yet.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

PApokesPhan wrote:keep in mind that Pittser was going against the #1 Defense, while Smith was going against #2 defense. However, great numbers and sounds like a great scrimmage for Smith. he understands this system and has been with us since spring.
It sounds like Smith has a good grasp already having been there during the spring. The spread is suppose to work well from the shotgun if the QB makes good quick decisions and gets the ball out of his hands. In a way, it's kind of an option offense where the defense gets the same look on every play. Smith can hand the ball off or pull it out and run himself, fake the handoff and pass, or just take the snap and find an open receiver. To have a day like this, he not only made great passes, but made great decisions which to me is the more positive aspect of his scrimmage today. I hope he only had to take the snap and make the pass instead of taking the snap, scrambling and then making a play. I'm curious how many of his passes were under duress or scrambling.
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

QB stats for today, via Schmoldt: Final qb stats: Smith 24/28 for 323, 3 tds. Kirkegaard 19/25 for 101. Pittser 9/21 for 76, 1 td, 1 int. #gopokes

Oh snap! Schober is out for the year, taking a medical red shirt. That sucks!
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

MrTitleist wrote:Oh snap! Schober is out for the year, taking a medical red shirt. That sucks!
I wonder what happened? (I suppose we'll never know)
It sucks that we're losing him this year, but I feel pretty good about our depth at linebacker.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Oh snap! Schober is out for the year, taking a medical red shirt. That sucks!
It sucks that we're losing him this year, but I feel pretty good about our depth at linebacker.
Plus, it means that he'll be leading the LB core next year when Hendricks graduates.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:
Yes, that does suck. Having depth is a nice thing......his backup is a former starter in Devyn Harris. Hopefully Oliver can get back next year with another year of conditioning and learning under his belt.
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

losing Schober does suck, but it gives us more leadership for next year, plus we still have Jones, Nzeocha, Hendricks, Knight and Harris. and this could help build more depth with Borgs and Rouche and etc...